Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Doomsday Clock Ending (SPOILER!!!)

spoilers:
    Well, Wonder Woman is back in WWII along with the Justice Society, according to the end of Doomsday Clock. Might as well make a thread for it.

Also, cameo of Black Wonder-Character as well as Wondy in pants again in giant group shot.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by LordUltimus; 12-18-2019 at 07:21 AM.

spoilers:
    I wasn't sure if she was wearing pants or if Superman covered up the bare legs of her skirt. It seemed like there were creases for the skirt, but it was kind of difficult to make out.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    spoilers:
    Well, Wonder Woman is back in WWII along with the Justice Society, according to the end of Doomsday Clock. Might as well make a thread for it.

Also, cameo of Black Wonder-Character as well as Wondy in pants again in giant group shot.
    end of spoilers
    Probably Nubia.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Probably Nubia.
    It better be. If we have to have a new Wonder Woman at all, she's one of the better options.

Watch it be Maggie though...

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It better be. If we have to have a new Wonder Woman at all, she's one of the better options.

Watch it be Maggie though...

While I'd like it to be Nubia, I'm pretty sure it's Maggie with all of the 5G talk that's been going around.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Incredible Member

https://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress...y-Clock-04.png

The pants look okay to me. The stars on each thigh are perhaps a bit over-sized. And it's a shame that Wonder Woman still can't get a fully covered torso or at least some straps to hold up her bodice.

The second "Wonder Woman" looks cool with the black and gold costume. I'm going to assume it's Nubia and I'll be glad to see that character return to the comics with greater prominence.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    https://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress...y-Clock-04.png

The pants look okay to me. The stars on each thigh are perhaps a bit over-sized. And it's a shame that Wonder Woman still can't get a fully covered torso or at least some straps to hold up her bodice.

The second "Wonder Woman" looks cool with the black and gold costume. I'm going to assume it's Nubia and I'll be glad to see that character return to the comics with greater prominence.

Those stars are huge. Almost makes me wonder if John Byrne had a hand in the design.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I know the writing's been on the wall for a while now, but....yay, Diana's backstory/history has been drastically re-written for the fourth time in less than a decade.

Sorry, but I don't give a darn about the Justice Society, nor Diana's presence in it. And without getting into it, I think forcing Diana's origin back into World War II creates more problems for her than it doesn't.

BTW:
    Good lord that is some atrocious writing.
    No shade to Superman or his fans, but the amount of gushing over him in that single page is sickening.

Christ Dr. Manhatttan, why don't you marry Superman if you love him so much.

Sorry, but I don't give a darn about the Justice Society, nor Diana's presence in it. And without getting into it, I think forcing Diana's origin back into World War II creates more problems for her than it doesn't.
    I'm pretty much in agreement. And I actually think having the JSA on the same earth in WWII timeframe causes issues for them, too, even if I'm not that interested in them. And really annoyed at going back to Dinah-is-Dinah's daughter in WWII time frame, because I think that causes problems, too. And I still haven't wrapped my mind around how 80+ (and growing) years for the US entry into WWII and the JSA and Wonder Woman are supposed to end up 60 years ago perpetually. I think that's a recipe for disaster. If they were all separate universes, then that would make more sense, but the numbers don't indicate that. And if they are, then I want to see a full timeline for each individual universe.

No shade to Superman or his fans, but the amount of gushing over him in that single page is sickening.
    That I don't agree with. From a meta perspective, in regards to this universe, if any hero deserves gushing, it is Superman. IRL, this universe exists because of him. I think he's been too diminished at times. Not that I like what's happening currently. Problem is Superman should very much do awesome things and and get credit in universe rather than just being great for existing on the meta side. And he should not be a naive-farmboy-caricature, either.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 12-19-2019 at 06:43 AM.

I just think the Superman gushing comes at the expense of the other DC heroes, treating them as if they're irrelevant.

It would have been better if Dr. M gushed about the Trinity as a whole. And maybe tried not to tell us the endless reboots aren't a bug but a feature.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I just think the Superman gushing comes at the expense of the other DC heroes, treating them as if they're irrelevant.

It would have been better if Dr. M gushed about the Trinity as a whole.
    I cannot agree about that. That's just diminishing Superman, so far as I'm concerned. In terms of import to the universe existing, it's mostly on Superman (just look at all the copycats from other companies). And unpopular as it may be in this subforum, quite a few other superheroes were created and popular before Diana, even if they didn't stand the test of time. In terms of DC succeeding, even in terms of superheroes succeeding, she's not to the level of importance of Superman to me. To put them all equal level in that regard is down-grading Superman. Making him less to make others more. I hate it when when the reverse happens (everyone's skill or morality diminishing to make Batman look more awesome), but I don't like seeing "firsts" demoted either. And making Diana first, replacing Superman as first as is planned with 5G is just a slap in the face to him, as far as I'm concerned (and while I don't like the post-COIE JSA-came first version, I don't think it has the same vibe). I think keeping the meta 1938 date (if that's what them being in same year means) instead of Diana only showing up instead of after WWII begins in salt in the wound and keeping his crash that year doesn't compensate for it.

And if there was to be wider-scale-gushing, it absolutely should not have been to the trinity, but to all the heroes. Even if we're just counting golden-age survivors, we have a few others to count (like Ollie and Roy, even if they didn't have their own comics).

And maybe tried not to tell us the endless reboots aren't a bug but a feature.
    I agree about that.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 12-19-2019 at 07:46 AM.

DC needs to know when to leave well enough alone. spoilers:
    Her JSA history was retconned out for a reason and it should have stayed that way. It isn't like her time with that team was a particular high point for her.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Agent Z; 12-19-2019 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Those stars are huge. Almost makes me wonder if John Byrne had a hand in the design.
    The words horrendous, dreadful and ridiculous spring to mind.

At least Donna is back in red and gold.

The other wonder is definitely Maggie, she has the sword and the hair.
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 12-19-2019 at 08:16 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

spoilers:
    I don't like the JSA retcon because now it means Rucka's Year One doesn't count, and while the WWII history is nice, I feel like that story preserved the major beats of the Golden Age and the Perez reboot and didn't need to be trifled with. At the very least, I don't think the Godwatch portions of the Rebirth arc would be changed all the much.
    end of spoilers