Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    https://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress...y-Clock-04.png

The pants look okay to me. The stars on each thigh are perhaps a bit over-sized. And it's a shame that Wonder Woman still can't get a fully covered torso or at least some straps to hold up her bodice.

The second "Wonder Woman" looks cool with the black and gold costume. I'm going to assume it's Nubia and I'll be glad to see that character return to the comics with greater prominence.
    Why would Wonder Woman randomly be wearing pants instead of the Rebirth costume? Is this, what, supposed to be her costume from the Snyder book?
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    spoilers:
    I don't like the JSA retcon because now it means Rucka's Year One doesn't count, and while the WWII history is nice, I feel like that story preserved the major beats of the Golden Age and the Perez reboot and didn't need to be trifled with. At the very least, I don't think the Godwatch portions of the Rebirth arc would be changed all the much.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    They don't care about giving her a "modern" origin when they're just going to sequester her to the past with the JSA.
    end of spoilers

That splash page is supposed to represent an image of the classic heroes re-emerging after 5G. Hence subtle differences like Batman's yellow oval and new pants for WW. Its not supposed to represent Rebirth or "now".
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

Donna Troy is in that image, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Donna Troy is in that image, too!
    In her red outfit, too!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    They don't care about giving her a "modern" origin when they're just going to sequester her to the past with the JSA.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Which really wouldn't be that bad if I thought we were getting some updated solo stories for her set in the Golden Age. I'd actually be somewhat fine losing Year One for that. But like you say, it will probably be limited to team ups with the JSA, and I do not care for that at all.

And weirdly, Paula von Gunther is being re-introduced in the modern age when it seems like it would make more sense to put her back in the Golden Age
    end of spoilers

Why would they want to put pants on Diana again? We do know all the major heroes will be on the black labels.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I just think the Superman gushing comes at the expense of the other DC heroes, treating them as if they're irrelevant.

It would have been better if Dr. M gushed about the Trinity as a whole. And maybe tried not to tell us the endless reboots aren't a bug but a feature.
    I concur. Other than being dead or having an Elseworlds-esque incarnation of the character, Superman has become largely irrelevant, especially this Superdad version in the current DCU.

This was a wretched series, and such a waste of time and money.

I don't even know what to think about the umpteenth retcon coming up for Diana.

Regarding Diana in the Golden Age, the 1G-2G-3G-4G-5G timeline that was leaked from ComicCon by Didio already gave this away...but also indicated that after the 50's she retreats back to P.I. and stays there until the dawn of the modern age. In my mind, this allows a close version of all her modern stories (post-Rucka and 3rd reboot), because they reflect her "return" to Man's World, just not a "first time" to Man's World.
    I'm okay with that provided we get her Golden Age fleshed out a little.

Secondly, HURRAH for Donna back in her red suit.

Thirdly, who on God's green Earth is Maggie? I've only been reading Wonder Woman continuously since 1977...why am I not recalling this character?
    Everybody seems to know her. Has my own history been rebooted?

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Thirdly, who on God's green Earth is Maggie? I've only been reading Wonder Woman continuously since 1977...why am I not recalling this character?
    Everybody seems to know her. Has my own history been rebooted?
    Maggie is a character G. Willow Wilson introduced into the mythos.

She started out as a waitress, and ended up becoming an Amazon or Amazon-esque creature.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCER View Post
    Maggie is a character G. Willow Wilson introduced into the mythos.

She started out as a waitress, and ended up becoming an Amazon or Amazon-esque creature.
    Ah, okay, thanks! Honestly I was a little bored by GWW's run, so may have zoned out a bit.
    I'll have to browse through my recent back issues!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Christ Dr. Manhatttan, why don't you marry Superman if you love him so much.
    I'm intrigued.

Tell me more about this "ship". Do they establish their marital home on Earth, on Mars or somewhere else? How does Lois Lane feel about being usurped?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/12...oomsday-clock/

And from the above, it is possible that Nubia will be the new Wonder Woman of 5G. But as the comic book points out, one day this will end, when Clark and Bruce are back in the leads and no longer old men. Because they will be back. They always are. And Doomsday Clock #12 shows you why. And possible when – 2026.

But in the meantime, the adventures of Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent, Diana etc will continue in a line of books half-way between the Walmart Giant books and the Black Label line, outside of current DC Continuity but in their own shared continuity line. But the others will all be their respective heroes on Earth-5G, which can always be revisited…
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Yep, those're definitely pants.

Incredible Member

It's cool seeing three Wonder-family members in a single panel!

Seriously?... No one's commenting about how "Earth One becomes Earth 1985" after COIE..... Meaning the Silver/Bronze Age characters and their history continue to exist in an "unexplored" Earth....

That's sooooooo cool.

ALso I hate DIana making her debut earlier. That's why we needed the Multiverse. So we can have a Golden Age WW on one Earth, a Silver Age on another, etc.

Beyond that, we JUST had Rebirth, which helped straighten things out. SO we're gonna mess with it all again, negate the Steve Trevor stuff, and all that wonderful "Rebirth" retelling of her origin in today's world? *sigh*