Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

It does make you wonder why they feel the need to preserve that part of the story if they establish the Earths with that history are still out there.

Oh yeah... the movie

BANNED

Guess this overrides Myrina.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCER View Post
    So where do the stories in the EARTH ONE books take place. e.g., Morrison and Paquette's WONDER WOMAN?

An Earth that preceded what is now Earth-1985?
    I always considered those other "Earth one" books, etc as Elseworlds....

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Diana debuting in the golden age opens up so many questions, I feel like we need them answered fairly quickly before Diana's history becomes a bloody mess.
    The leaked timeline from Comic-con gave away her golden age debut and explained that Diana retreated to P.I. after the war and returned for the modern era. But there are still so many open questions here...

1. Were there two Etta Candys? One in WWII and the current one in the modern age. (Is she a descendent to the original?)

2. Is Steve old again (technically he'd be dead from old age if he's the original). Are they going to go the movie route and have him "die" but then come back in the modern era through some magical resurrection or time slip?

3. Does this impact Donna's origin in any way? (I'm hopeful on this one that it's a yes). If Diana has been around this long, she could have easily rescued baby Donna at any point and brought her to the island. No need for the god-awful "created as a teenager from clay to rule the Amazons during the same period Diana wasn't supposed to be able to return to the island, and yet somehow Diana was on the island, and also somebody please kill me so I never have to type that out again" origin.

4. If Steve was the golden age reason for Diana to leave Themiscyra, what was the modern age reason for her to return?

I don't necessarily hate Diana having a longer history, I just want DC to establish a roadmap before they do their typical screw up of Diana's history.
    Sounds like an ideal focus for an annual. "The Life and Times of Princess Diana" or some such thing.
    It screws with everything they've tried to rebuild with Rebirth that's for sure. SO we finally get Etta and Steve back! But now they're either from WWii and dead, or they're from now which makes everything involved in her coming back (not having her powers, not speaking English, saving the mall goers, etc) null and void.

So wtf? I just don't get this while "we need to put Diana back in WWII stuff. She seems like the only hero with that tether that she just can't break. SHe was only tied to the war DURING THE WAR times. Once the Silver Age is born, she's tied to the current age with no references to that. Because it's a different DIana on a different Earth. But everyone joneses for her to make her debut during the war. And if it's because of the movies--- then that can be Earth 2017. Ans let comics Diana, but here in todays world.

Also, didn't the "DC Timeline" show her making her debut in WWI? I though she predated the older age of heroes in that effed up timeline....

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'd love some stuff for Earth-1985. It'd be nice to get more stories from the era before DC started ruining their continuity.

I'd even be ok with Azzarello and Chiang reuniting for an Earth-52 tale, it would be much less problematic as long as it's isolated there and isn't the only option.
    That was my whole issue with the nu 52. If they had just said "this is a new Earth, and this is it's history" it would have been easier to swallow than "This is how we effed with DIana and this is her now"... the former option leaves an opening for the previous DIana to exist, while the later does not.

Thankfully CLock seems to have done just that- reinstated a Multiverse proper, with each "crisis" creating a new Earth to be splintered off, leaving the previous reality untouched in it's own parallel universe. I've been bitching about them needing to do this for years, so I hope that this actually sticks...lol

BANNED

Starts her career during WW2 and then rest of every other era combined in . Joins JLA, etc.

Her supporting cast can just be their rebirth versions.

i'm so confused I need a DRINK

Spectacular Member

It screws with everything they've tried to rebuild with Rebirth that's for sure. SO we finally get Etta and Steve back! But now they're either from WWii and dead, or they're from now which makes everything involved in her coming back (not having her powers, not speaking English, saving the mall goers, etc) null and void.
    OR they are from WW2 and pass some time with Diana in Themiscyra and came back with her in modern age. Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    i'm so confused I need a DRINK
    Thank you! I’ve been trying to put my thoughts into succinct words. This does it. LOL

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    3. Does this impact Donna's origin in any way? (I'm hopeful on this one that it's a yes). If Diana has been around this long, she could have easily rescued baby Donna at any point and brought her to the island. No need for the god-awful "created as a teenager from clay to rule the Amazons during the same period Diana wasn't supposed to be able to return to the island, and yet somehow Diana was on the island, and also somebody please kill me so I never have to type that out again" origin.
    According to Didio's WIP timeline, Donna will appear as a Teen Titans about a year after Dick Grayson debuted as Robin, 3 years after Batman and Superman debuts. That's all I know, so I don't know if it's even gonna be the same origin as Rebirth, the original origin, or something entirely new.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Also, didn't the "DC Timeline" show her making her debut in WWI? I though she predated the older age of heroes in that effed up timeline....
    If you're talking about that timeline Newsarama posted it was WWII. She was the first active superhero, but only a year later, Jay Garrick and the others debuts, and then they create the JSA.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 12-22-2019 at 04:39 AM.

Spectacular Member

Less of an issue but regarding the Earth-2 panel in DDC 12 ; why is Diana presented visually as young as the WW of Earth-1985? Huntress, an adult Robin and a greying Superman appear in the same panel. IIRC she was also depicted as youthful (albeit in a picture) in Justice Society of America Annual 1.
    Not the Earth-2 WW from CRISIS and Infinity Inc.

BANNED

Either artist rendition or they don't want her to age anymore.

So which Wonder Woman do we have the Earth 1985 Diana where she is the Daughter of Queen Hipppolyta molden from clay n given life by the Gods or do we still have the Rebirth/52 Diana who's the Daughter of Hippolyta and Zues.

BANNED

There's 4.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    So which Wonder Woman do we have the Earth 1985 Diana where she is the Daughter of Queen Hipppolyta molden from clay n given life by the Gods or do we still have the Rebirth/52 Diana who's the Daughter of Hippolyta and Zues.
    Earth 1985 is a different Earth-- it's the Earth from thre Silver /Bronze Age, the original Earth One. That one had the blonde Hippolyta, Nubia as a twin, DIana goes Mod, STeve is killed/brought back/killed/brought back....

EArth 52 is now it's own Earth. It would be the Earth where there's the man hating gross Amazons, Diana has Zeus as a dad, there's First Born, etc. It would be the continuity right up to Rebirth.

Right now on the main Earth, we can only assume at this point it's leaning towards "Rebirth" *where the nu52 version of the Island was false, etc) until they give us a clear reboot story retelling this new timeline.....