Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I'm agreeing with someone.

They need to explain what mutant magic is.

Or are they waiting for Apoc's plan to come to fruition to finally explain it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Meggan doesnt need authorization, she is a mutant after all.
    She is??? I thought she was a mutant the way Broo is a mutant. And he isnt considered Krakoan.

I'm pretty sure we're waiting on Poccy's plan. He's the only one who even knows that mutant magic is a thing at the moment, right? Everyone else is just kind of being strung along with the chaos.

This book is a mess. Everything reads so disjointed, we are 4 issues in and still we don't have a clues about what is "mutant magic" and how it differs from the common one, and that was the premise of the book!
    This version of Betsy is so boring, Gambit is extremely unlikable (and only capable of expressing two emotions, anger and concern), still no idea why is Jubilee even in this book and even Pete Wisdom as a guest star had literally zero personality. The only interesting character is Poccy and that's it.
    IMO, this is the worst book of the new bunch so far.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Gambit the useless and incompetent thief. Goes to steal something with zero stealth, steals the wrong item, gets discovered fairly easily and then Mr. Enhanced Agility slips and falls.

SMH!
    The saddest part about it is that this might have been the best showing of his abilities so far in the series, what a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I'm pretty sure we're waiting on Poccy's plan. He's the only one who even knows that mutant magic is a thing at the moment, right? Everyone else is just kind of being strung along with the chaos.
    I think leading with the reveal of the concept of mutant magic was a mistake. Imagine how much cooler it would've been if we thought this series was just following the rise of Captain Britain and then when ••A••'s plan goes off we would've gotten the surprise of mutant magic being a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    She is??? I thought she was a mutant the way Broo is a mutant. And he isnt considered Krakoan.
    Of course Meggan is a mutant, why would you think the otherwise?

Apart from the Britain/Northern Ireland faux pas, I enjoyed the issue. Dont understand why everyone thinks Jubilee is redundant, theres clearly a big Shogo plot coming and you can't have him without her.

Double post my bad.
    Last edited by CGAR; 12-18-2019 at 08:55 AM.

Random sidebar: I kind wish we had Dean White on colors. Because I love what he's doing in X-Force.

Shogo. Future Post-Human. That is all. JK. I have no clue.

I don't know who hate Gambit in the X-office, but man, he is a freaking mess lol. He's terrible at everything.

I also agree with some users wanting more explanation on mutant magic. Right now, it doesn't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I'm agreeing with someone.

They need to explain what mutant magic is.

Or are they waiting for Apoc's plan to come to fruition to finally explain it.
    To me it sounds like Poccy is considering the innate connection that some mutants have with the elements and otherwordly forces as mutant magic. Like Rictor doesn't just make tremors, but he also has an innate mystical connection to the Earthm. So like... Some mutant powers could be considered borderline magic and thus channeled to make spells like the twins bones?

I don't mind Shogo having a story but Jubilee being on the team because she said hi to Betsy feels off.

I liked the cast balance and all side plots. I can't wait to see Rogue back.
    Rictor is really a fun addition, but Gambit really needs some serious working.

I just keep thinking about the interview where TH goes on and on about Apocalypse.

And that she was given Betsy Braddock by editorial.

Rictor is a favorite character of hers.

But Rogue, Gambit, and Jubilee.

She definitely by now should know what she wants to do with them.

And hopefully she did enough research to capture their voices.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    I liked the cast balance and all side plots. I can't wait to see Rogue back.
    Rictor is really a fun addition, but Gambit really needs some serious working.
    Yeah, Gambit and Jubes are the only two who aren't really clicking for me here. Trinary should've stuck around since she was helping Apocalypse with the gate stuff. I think she would've been fun here.

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    Damn, did they really call Northern Irish people British?
    That is hugely ignorant, how the hell did that get past editors? People are going to be angry about that!
    Lol, I almost projectile vomited on my tablet. The Brits at it again.