• ★ ★ ★ ★

3 21.43%
  • ★ ★ ★

0 0%
  • ★ ★

0 0%
  • 6 42.86%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This **** is such a mindfuck especially when I'm high like WTF!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    The most batshit issue of the year, easily. Anyway, here’s the summary:

Gwenpool traps Punisher in an endless loop of entrapment via bedbees. You’ve gotta read it to know how to even crack the surface of lucidity.

Back to the main plot going on, Gwenpool recognizes this as her last issue and frees all the trapped heroes that are on her. The last two people left on the island are Gwenpool and Ms Marvel. Kamala doesn’t want to fight, but instead force Gwen to confront her very manic behavior over the course of this mini. She tries to dig into what exactly Gwen’s origins are to make sense of it all.

Is Gwen really from another world? Is she Inhuman? Is she an irradiated mutate? Human-passing alien?? Is she a mutant whose X-Gene activation altered her state of consciousness and drove her into a deep disassociation/detachment from reality, leading her to believe she’s in a comic book world? No. But Kamala’s just unknowingly given her a brand new origin that Gwen’s unknowingly retconned.

Gwen forfeits the entire game, leaving Kamala the winner. Sullen and nihilistic, Gwen escapes to the whitespace in the margins of the comic book where she looks over the events of her mini and entire fictional chronology. She gives up, feeling that no one would miss her. She’s even considering wasting the rest of the pages cause she’s just so tired. But, sitting on some of the final pages, a bunch of flowers shower her. She looks to see a Krakoan Gate!!! She steps onto Krakoa where she’s welcomed by Wolverine and Kid Omega. She reunites with Quentin (just platonically, tho) who happily welcomes her. She excitedly goes back to the Gutter Space where she sees her limitless, new potential stories. Gwenpool “future-proofs” herself for future writers by using a data page to streamline her origins, personality, friends, crushes, enemies, family, and potential new mutant powers? She also apologizes for not being able to be her cheery self because of the grim circumstances. But a new dawn awaits her on the mutant homeland....

god damn
    I love the meta about the returning popularity of making everyone mutants like it used to be pre-Fox. Also commenting on the breadth of stories that Krakoa provides now
    Oh no! Now that I know...I can't unknowingly ignore...damn it Tycon...thank you, but damn.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Incredible Member

This miniseries was bad and Williams should feel bad. A pale, pale shadow of Unbelievable Gwenpool.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I may hate Quentin Quire and his relationship with Gwen was gross, but I do appreciate that artists are drawing him ugly again

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Wow, making her a mutant actually made this comic for me lol
    Just think, had this been even a year ago, the retcon would have been possibly any other kind of super powered being except mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Wow, making her a mutant actually made this comic for me lol
    I am actually ok with her being a mutant. Haha, it's funny though, she seems to be a reality warper, in a way her power is to reset/reshape her own existence.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Should we be looking too deep into those uncolored pages or are they just filler stuff to show Gwen’s possible future?

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I may hate Quentin Quire and his relationship with Gwen was gross, but I do appreciate that artists are drawing him ugly again
    WCA Quentin was peak “this is just Hellion with pink hair” so I’m glad Dawn of X is bringing him down a notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Gwenpool accepts the enlightenment that is Krakoa

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    [img]Should we be looking too deep into those uncolored pages or are they just filler stuff to show Gwen’s possible future?
    They're not factual depictions of her future, but a representation that she is now assured a future as part of the universe of Marvel Comics.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    This miniseries was bad and Williams should feel bad. A pale, pale shadow of Unbelievable Gwenpool.
    Okay here is how it went according to Leah.

Disney higher ups do not care for Gwenpool despite fan reaction and all that jazz. Same mess we see with MANY DC guys like Wally, John Stewart and two former Batgirls.

Marvel decides to do the mini BEFORE hiring a writer. BEFORE a writer was hired.

Editorial (I think Justin White) went to her and asked her to do the book. She agreed.

I want to say this was done after whatever X-Men project she had green lighted for wave 2. Real last minute.

For doing a book that she did not pitch-I would say she did a good job. Considering the circumstances.

Gwenpool got someone who was interested in her unlike the guy who is doing Black Panther right now.

Yup. The premise of the actual story - that Gwen needed to fill a remit of proving her worth via sales and being easily palatable to people who don't know from comics - was the actual reason behind the mini. Hence all the salt and meta sprinkled across the pages.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

I like Gwenpool but after the issues where she makes the Avengers fight one another I was over it. I hope Gwenpool being considered a mutant sticks and I hope her presence is reference by the other X-Men
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    but I do appreciate that artists are drawing him ugly again
    I thought he was drawn cute in this Gwenpool issue.

What has happened to Leah. My god this was terrible.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    What has happened to Leah. My god this was terrible.
    Was she ever good tho?