Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    You Don't see the problem with the X-Men maiming their opponents? When did they stop being superheroes exactly?
    And again, that woman lost an arm and a lung with that stunt from Kitty, she'll bleed to death realistically.
    Isn't "Killing sapiens" supposed to be forbidden on Krakoa?
    Wolverine has been maiming folks with his claws since he was created. Gambit creates explosions. Did you think Bishop and Cable's guns are just to overcompensate? The X-men have never been bloodless

That woman already gave up her damn arm when she had it replaced with Reaver tech so that she could become a mercenary.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Wolverine has been maiming folks with his claws since he was created. Gambit creates explosions. Did you think Bishop and Cable's guns are just to overcompensate? The X-men have never been bloodless

That woman already gave up her damn arm when she had it replaced with Reaver tech so that she could become a mercenary.
    I'll give you Wolverine, but Gambit, Bishop and Cable dont go around maiming people in the capacity of being X-men. Heck the latter twos guns are often portrayed as non-lethal energy blasters and Gambit isnt blowing off limbs

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I'll give you Wolverine, but Gambit, Bishop and Cable dont go around maiming people in the capacity of being X-men. Heck the latter twos guns are often portrayed as non-lethal energy blasters and Gambit isnt blowing off limbs
    At the very least they're causing concussions and burns, if not internal damage to organs

At the very least they're causing concussions and burns, if not internal damage to organs
    Yeah, I'm not getting expecting what are basically paramilitary soldiers with lethal supernatural powers to never actually hurt anyone. Kitty was cavalier about it, sure, but with the way humans have treated mutants...it's not surprising.

X-Men and X-Force have two very different, very opposite doctrines.
    Wolverine and all the gun-wielders you cited have never Meshed well in the X-Men team for a Reason.
    Maiming your opponent isn't an X-Men standard, let's be real here.

As for the woman, as I said earlier, who she was working with and what we think about it is irrelevant to this conversation. What Kitty did to her is a death warrant, unless some last minute miracle happen.
    Wonder if the writer will make a point to adress this next issue, especially what it would entails regarding the Kraked and their law.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Extraordinary Member

I don't care how people want to spin it, but this is comics and Kitty does not phase crap into people, every other writer skipped going edgy, even when Kitty was edgy, so Duggan has no excuse.

Anyway, hated the data pages. I honestly cannot read those memos from the desk. They are a nonsensical wall of text. Also, we get a convo on one last issue about KP and LB and the role of RB, and then we pretty much get the same convo in story this issue, what are the odds we don't end up having HM and LB discuss the exact same conversation next issue in story that they had in the data page this issue?

Just want to add that HFKids are fine, he threw in some new antagonists and there will hopefully be more, but I don't think he could do a whole new organization without basically doing what X-Force is doing.
    Last edited by cranger; 12-18-2019 at 02:05 PM.

Last time an X-Man was gentle with an enemy they got their asses wooped and precious Krakoan genetic material stolen from them.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    X-Men and X-Force have two very different, very opposite doctrines.
    Wolverine and all the gun-wielders you cited have never Meshed well in the X-Men team for a Reason.
    Maiming your opponent isn't an X-Men standard, let's be real here.

As for the woman, as I said earlier, who she was working with and what we think about it is irrelevant to this conversation. What Kitty did to her is a death warrant, unless some last minute miracle happen.
    Wonder if the writer will make a point to adress this next issue, especially what it would entails regarding the Kraked and their law.
    I wonder if Kitty gonna get the Sabertooth treatment... Of course not. Another plot hole

BANNED

Another solid entry for this series. Enjoyed Cap'n Kate as I have been since #1, but Bishop's characterization was the standout for me this time around. Loved his law enforcement lingo - he's such a cop! The art was tight, and the Lady D post-humans were pretty cool. Need to see more Bobby, Ororo, & Pyro now, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Yeah, I'm not getting expecting what are basically paramilitary soldiers with lethal supernatural powers to never actually hurt anyone. Kitty was cavalier about it, sure, but with the way humans have treated mutants...it's not surprising.
    It's not surprising she lost her temper? How admirable…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Superheroes have been knocking people unconscious since their inception, in reality there is no way to do that without causing the person serious harm and possibly death, do you complain every time you see it in a comic? The realistic application of superpowers would absolutely result in injury or death. If that is a problem for you, then the genre is probably not for you.

And remember kids, if anyone ever tries to kill you, just let them, because defending yourself makes you just as bad as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Superheroes have been knocking people unconscious since their inception, in reality there is no way to do that without causing the person serious harm and possibly death, do you complain every time you see it in a comic? The realistic application of superpowers would absolutely result in injury or death. If that is a problem for you, then the genre is probably not for you.

And remember kids, if anyone ever tries to kill you, just let them, because defending yourself makes you just as bad as they are.
    Kitty's been able to defend herself for 40 years without needing to resort to maiming anyone

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post

Interestingly, the first arc of Chip's Daredevil is precisely about that.

You can't go punching people in the head every day and expect everyone to survive.

Another solid issue and I'm LOVING the offensive use of Kate's powers. For all of the whining about "maiming" people, this is superhero comics, people. The same dudes crying about someone phasing stuff into people are the same people that turn a blind eye when Storm hits someone with a lightning bolt or when Wolverine skewers countless mooks or every time Hulk smashes, heaven forbid the victims be some nameless flatscans.

Is it just me or do people have nothing better to do than nitpick things that are unimportant in the grand scheme? It's almost as bad as people decrying violence and gore in the media when stuff like Spawn and Mortal Kombat came out back in the day. Are people truly this worked up over something so trivial that it creates fake outrage, or are people just looking for an excuse to ride that moral high horse?
    Last edited by Wild Fang X; 12-18-2019 at 02:29 PM.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Yeah Duggan should not have brought these 4 back.
    I don't know about that, might be a bit premature. I agree that they weren't the strongest part of Wolverine & the X-Men but I think it'll be interesting to see what Duggan does with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    The fact that Aaron is not writing them makes me hope that Auntie Emma will put them in their place (possibly tiny cages).
    These days, under this administration, that is just a little too real.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.