Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    I was hoping this book would have had more of a political thriller type of vibes with a lot of scheming and plot twist. Unfortunately, it’s giving me Saturday morning cartoon vibes. I’d love to see Sebastian demonstrate how formidable he is as the Black King of the Hellfiire Club. Emma is too comfortable in her position. Kitty feels out of character with the bruise eye and tattoos. At least her long hair is back but her red queen outfit feels tacky as fcuk. No here for the Hellfire Brats. Can’t Selene just have them for lunch?
    When you look at them they are not weak at all:

I wonder if Whittemelia still have Philistine in her side. That guy could eliminate the psionic powers of Quentin Quire easily. And with the power of the Siege Perilous they can teleport easily.

Frankenstein cloned Krakoa in the past ( I wonder if that will be addressed ) and knows how create monsters.

The other two are more irrelevant. Their only “ power “ is their money, but that is always important.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    They're a bunch of evil kid geniuses Jason Aaron introduced in Schism and they became the main antagonists for Wolverine and the X-Men which kinda made sense since that was supposed to be a X-Academy book... until it didn't so you had all these senior X-Men getting bullied by flatscan kids which led to a lot of people on the board not liking them.
    that made sense to you? even by comic book standards, it's a ridiculous idea. who inducted these children into the club? why haven't they been killed yet? where are there parents? i want people to think about real world child prodigies. they still need to learn and study. is it really believable that all of these child prodigies of equal age usurped control of the hellfire club? is it believable that all of them are evil and focused on world domination? it makes a mockery of the Hellfire Club concept. it's not even good storytelling. i could buy the Hellfire brats being former mastermind types who were de-aged somehow. but that's not what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Lady Deathstrike has got some healing capabilities, right? (I don't quite remember if she was less robot than today's version at a point? I've always remembered her as being enhanced but at a point she was a full on android right?). I mean, she's mostly robotic anyway so I guess these two ladies are mostly robotic too and can probably shrug it off (they were essentially Reavers).
    I dont think she can survive an object lodged in her esophagus even with a healing factor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Lady Deathstrike has got some healing capabilities, right? (I don't quite remember if she was less robot than today's version at a point? I've always remembered her as being enhanced but at a point she was a full on android right?). I mean, she's mostly robotic anyway so I guess these two ladies are mostly robotic too and can probably shrug it off (they were essentially Reavers).
    Yes, according to this:

Lady Deathstrike - Wikipedia
    … her normal form is visibly that of a cyborg...

… later received an upgrade that provides her with a kind of "cybernetic healing factor" that functions similarly, although not as efficiently, to Wolverine's. ...
    … so it's reasonable to believe that the Lady D enhanced post-human could & most likely would survive, Cap'n Kate's more hardcore disabling of her.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I wonder if Kitty gonna get the Sabertooth treatment... Of course not. Another plot hole
    they'd have to let her one the island first. not sure how they'd imprison an intangible woman, either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think she can survive an object lodged in her esophagus even with a healing factor
    I'm not seeing it as lodged in her esophagus, at least to the point of complete blockage. I mean, she's still screaming afterward, so it can probably be assumed she's still breathing.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    I'm not seeing it as lodged in her esophagus, at least to the point of complete blockage. I mean, she's still screaming afterward, so it can probably be assumed she's still breathing.
    I mean a scream as it happens is understandable but if left like that, she's gonna suffocate to death. I dont know what she is; a clone, cyborg, etc....I dont think we are meant to care as she was insignifcant fodder

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I mean a scream as it happens is understandable but if left like that, she's gonna suffocate to death. I dont know what she is; a clone, cyborg, etc....I dont think we are meant to care as she was insignifcant fodder
    It wasn't lodged in the center of her throat, though. So while she might have some difficulty breathing, if anything, suffocation is out of the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    Storm was rescuing mutants who didn't want to be in their home country anymore what's the issues?
    What're the issues? Kitty and her merry band are provoking International incidents by violating nations' sovereignty and attacking military personal and now even Naval ships. Kitty is going to drive these nations into an alliance that will eventually ban together to hunt the Marauders down. This is much bigger than just "Freeing" mutants whose nations won't allow them to leave. This conveys that Kracoa does not respect various nations' sovereignty. Then nations of the world may ask "what other ambitions do the Kracoens have?"

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    What're the issues? Kitty and her merry band are provoking International incidents by violating nations' sovereignty and attacking military personal and now even Naval ships. Kitty is going to drive these nations into an alliance that will eventually ban together to hunt the Marauders down. This is much bigger than just "Freeing" mutants whose nations won't allow them to leave. This conveys that Kracoa does not respect various nations' sovereignty. Then nations of the world may ask "what other ambitions do the Kracoens have?"
    Those nations are also violating international laws by not letting mutants enter the gates in places where they are recognized as Krakoan citizens. *Shrugs*
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    They're rescuing refugees seeking asylum. So it could be argued they already have the moral high ground on their side, when it comes to optics.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 12-19-2019 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    So what? I didn't mention anything about mindless violence. If you want to criticize the books over the violence go nuts. Complaining that the violence used would be lethal in the real world however is an absurd criticism considering the medium, and that was true even in Claremont's era.
    There was always violence in the comics… the problem is the choice of the author to focus on it and saying: "Oh, it's not big deal!" That is complacency. It's cheap use of violence.

I intentionally shoot violence to make audience feel real pain. I have never and I will never shoot violence as if it's some kind of action video game. Takeshi Kitano.
    After one of his interviews, I saw a sequence of one of his movies: it makes me want to puke. It was his intention.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    They're rescuing refugees seeking asylum. So it could be agued they already have the moral high ground on their side, when it comes to optics.
    Not to mention they are also unfairly drafting mutant children into their armies as well as for experiments simply because they are mutant. That would be like drafting only one ethnicity to go to war and letting everyone else just go on living their lives.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    that made sense to you? even by comic book standards, it's a ridiculous idea. who inducted these children into the club? why haven't they been killed yet? where are there parents? i want people to think about real world child prodigies. they still need to learn and study. is it really believable that all of these child prodigies of equal age usurped control of the hellfire club? is it believable that all of them are evil and focused on world domination? it makes a mockery of the Hellfire Club concept. it's not even good storytelling. i could buy the Hellfire brats being former mastermind types who were de-aged somehow. but that's not what happened.
    I think that was answered in the past. There was an issue where we saw how Kade killed his father who was a member of the club. And the only genius is Frankenstein, her family told him how create monsters and manipulate living beings, he later has to escape because his mansion was assaulted by furious villagers and original monster of Frankenstein was after them, so probably his parents are death.

You know i may have missed it but i can't remember a post from one of these people complaining about the utter violence of it all minding children getting blown up or what happened to Rahne in uncanny.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.