Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Actually... superhero comics have way more in common with Saturday morning cartoons than they do real life. In the comics people get shot, stabbed, burned, blown up, tossed off cliffs/buildings etc and survive all the time. Death is a narrative device in comics not a guarantee and when the comic itself goes out of the way to state they aren't killing people, then they aren't killing people. Trying to tie real world consequences to comic book violence is absurd, half or more of the heroes and villains would die from using their own powers.

That cybernetically agumented post human assassin has a pillow through her shoulder, cheek and a small part of her side
    Attachment 90467
    Her companion was also shot at point blank range and guess what, she's alive too.
    Attachment 90469
    Its called comic book violence for a reason. Its unrealistic. By design.
    you forget that Bishop guns are made to not kill. What Kitty did would kill or maim really bad the person.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Don't ya think it's possible a biologically/cybernetically/genetically enhanced individual such as herself, could survive both a partially compromised circulatory system, as well as being left with only one lung?
    The nature of the wound is Deadly was my point.
    Now if that woman has an Healing factor or if she receives medical attention on-site, she'll be able to survive said wounds I think but, we as readers Don't know if that's the case, let alone Pryde in-universe.
    If Pryde had been fighting the real lady Deathstrike I wouldn't arch an eyebrow over the gravity of the wounds she inflicted, but it's not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Good thing she is Post human like it was said in the data page. No humans were harmed this issue. ^_^
    Being post-human doesn't equal being unkillable. We Don't know if that woman can heal herself or can survive bleeding out with a missing lung thanks to one of her power, and neither does Kitty in-universe.
    Last edited by People Of The Earth; 12-19-2019 at 08:50 AM.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Actually... superhero comics have way more in common with Saturday morning cartoons than they do real life. In the comics people get shot, stabbed, burned, blown up, tossed off cliffs/buildings etc and survive all the time. Death is a narrative device in comics not a guarantee and when the comic itself goes out of the way to state they aren't killing people, then they aren't killing people. Trying to tie real world consequences to comic book violence is absurd, half or more of the heroes and villains would die from using their own powers.
    Hmm no, what's absurd is shrugging-off that kind of damage as inconsequential to the Survival of those characters.
    Your reasoning is litteraly hitting a wall with how X-Force ended last issue btw.

That cybernetically agumented post human assassin has a pillow through her shoulder, cheek and a small part of her side
    Attachment 90467
    Her companion was also shot at point blank range and guess what, she's alive too.
    Attachment 90469
    Its called comic book violence for a reason. Its unrealistic. By design.
    First off, you conveniently cut off the relevant image of her maiming, that first one you posted the pillow was still in motion and on the second one the perspective Don't allow us to see the extent of her wounds properly.
    The reality is that this pillow destroyed the right side of her torso up to her face, that means the lung, the shoulder and part of her face are done for...
    Secondly, it's obvious Bishop is not shooting with real rounds here, there's been stun modes on his and Cable guns for a long, long time and I've no Reason to Believe that's not the case here either.
    That, or that second woman is dead too, we Don't know what happen to her after she's "shot". Which would be a pretty bad outcome for him too.

Don't know why you'd cut off the panels ACTUALLY showing properly the extant of the damages that first woman received since they are next to the ones you posted, as I said it's pretty convenient, but I digress.
    I stand by what I said earlier, the nature of the wounds she received are lethal and, by the way? They weren't inflicted by a superpower, but by an object being rammed through her via a superpower. Not the same thing.
    The whole diatribe about fantastical violence is irrelevant here, the wound being caused by a pretty mundane object.
    Last edited by People Of The Earth; 12-19-2019 at 09:17 AM.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Isn't that a complete departure from her previous characterization in Gold though? I wasn't always a fan, but she seemed to be a capable, level-headed leader of her X-Men.
    An adult.
    Here, she acts like a petulant teenager once again, functionally drunk/flat out drunk half the issues she's in, goring her opponents without any form of remorse.
    How do we reconcile those two takes on her character, especially if it's voluntarily enforced by the writer here as you suggest?
    To me I view this as Duggan "taking Kitty Pryde on a journey to the dark side" more or less. I could be wrong and maybe it's a lot of misdirection and fakeouts but the instant you hear Kitty Pryde will be chosen to be the "Red Queen" of the Hellfire Club? How does that not immediately raise your antennae about her character getting evolved/devolved/transformed? Like to me that is the theme of the entire book more or less.

As for WHY it's happening with her, yeah Duggan really should get more into that. He already set up a few things like her not being able to travel through Gates, so she can't speak Krakoan, etc which makes her feel "apart". And you COULD link in some of her other history where she has showed rebelliousness/edge at times into this characterization.

100% agree it's a major clash with her in GOLD but for many fans I think they'll happily ignore what happened in GOLD and embrace this instead

Note: I am not claiming Kate is going to become some moustache twirler cackling with glee as she lowers Cyclops into a vat of acid. Just.. she'll kinda lose some of her earlier idealism/innocence and become more "pragmatic" and tough about the world as it is.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    The nature of the wound is Deadly was my point.
    Now if that woman has an Healing factor or if she receives medical attention on-site, she'll be able to survive said wounds I think but, we as readers Don't know if that's the case, let alone Pryde in-universe. ...
    And against type, for the way you perceive Pryde's character in particular, right?
    But conversely, we don't know for sure that's not the case. Either way, it's based on assumption alone, from what we were only shown. And with that TBD status, there's some personal projection being applied, I think it's safe to say. You'll have that, with the interpretation of open-ended scenarios.

Kitty is a computer genius and she knows about tech. She's likely to know what Deathstrike augmentations do.

Anyway, this discussion is pointless and stale.

Yuriko survived this kind of wounding in the past. Wolvie just leaves her there, so no immediate medical. These cyborgs are tough.

xmen10.jpg

But it is tough to say what Kate's intent was: to disable or to kill.

BANNED

Where was this pearl-clutching when she was ripping space nazis’ hearts out in GotG?

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Where was this pearl-clutching when she was ripping space nazis’ hearts out in GotG?
    They're not humans or novissima. We must respect all genocidal species on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    Yuriko survived this kind of wounding in the past. Wolvie just leaves her there, so no immediate medical. These cyborgs are tough.

xmen10.jpg

But it is tough to say what Kate's intent was: to disable or to kill.
    I felt that "earn it"

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Good thing she is Post human like it was said in the data page. No humans were harmed this issue. ^_^
    Truth be told Kitty should have just phased the damn pillow into her head.

Extraordinary Member

Never read the book, but I do recall plenty of people not liking more than a few things about how she was used back then.

Different book, different audience. I bet most people on here never read or even knew about that till you just mentioned it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Different book, different audience. I bet most people on here never read or even knew about that till you just mentioned it
    Not an excuse. She's been ruthless before, as someone trained by Wolverine is expected to be.

Love this. To bits. Keep going. I'm not even mad about the Hellfire Bratz, that's how much Duggan has me.