Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Before I go looking, does anyone have a translation for Homines Verendi?
    Looks like "Awesome Men"

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    The writer is in love with her, just as Guggs was
    But the quality of the writing is much better here so I'm actually enjoying this book unlike Gold. It's also good that Kitty is being written better than anywhere in a long time (for me at least) but I really don't like that they're focusing on Kitty's awesomeness mostly, while the others seem to be supporting characters only...

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I'm glad this caper got solved swiftly. Mostly another bonding issue with more action. Wasn't expecting that ending.

6.5/10

What if he has one now?
    Wouldn't blame him. I have a crush on her now too.

Maybe it's the broken nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

Wrong book but glad X-Men aren’t bootlickers anymore.
    Feh. Poor showing if I ever saw any.
    They should know better than using their powers on the citizens of a foreign country, while representing their own country in an official capacity... That's laughably short-sighted of them, but better be that than "bootlickers" like Bishop right?
    Also, pretty sure the surrounding of Buckingham Palace are more secured than what was shown here, especially with a protest ongoing. Where are the bobbies? Where is the Queen's guard?
    Pretty ridiculous set-up imo, for more cliché faux-outrage caused by cartoonishly racist sapiens.
    Nothing to see here that hasn't been cliché'd to death in other books before. Bishop was much more of an X-Man here than Gambit and his lot in the same situation... Good times.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Double post
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    But the quality of the writing is much better here so I'm actually enjoying this book unlike Gold. It's also good that Kitty is being written better than anywhere in a long time (for me at least) but I really don't like that they're focusing on Kitty's awesomeness mostly, while the others seem to be supporting characters only...
    Guggemheim was never a good writer, so i'm not surprised that the writing is better here than in Gold.

We get it, Kitty is awesome

Kitty is being written well.
    Storms moment was great.
    Jumbo and Emma is love.
    Xavier perhaps making humans crazy with his message...possible.
    Deathstrike clones.

Only gross part was the Hellfire Cult. The only satisfactory way this can end if they meet a gruesome demise

The old lady hating mutants because her husband worship then was funny.

But I'm not sure about the Hellfire Kids. We already have too much kings, queens and bishops.

Oh, art is great. Closer to Dauterman's style.

Thoughts:

- This artist is better than the previous issues.

- These covers, while BEAUTIFUL, have been misleading the past two issues... but also I don't care. (However, my first thought was Storm fans will be pissed since she really only had a brief intro scene).

- Emma and Jumbo was life. THIS is exactly what I want from the data pages. I don't need to see Jumbo, it doesn't advance the story, but knowing that a Morrison was out on the town with Emma got me very excited!

- Loving Bishop since Iceman. I forgot how much I missed him.

- I like the tie in of the Hellfire brats and look forward to Emma and Shaw taking them out properly and poetically.

- Look forward to more Iceman and CHRISTIAN FROST!

Best book out there. Sad to hear its not doing well in sales.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Another solid issue. Loving this.
    Can't believe people are dropping this just because those hellfire kids were in a single panel...lol. We haven't even really seen how Duggan writes them.
    Not sure where the idea that this was gonna be a storm-centric issue came from, I mean I wouldn't be mad if it was but I'm pretty sure Duggs said she's getting a more prominent role in the next few. This issue was always pretty much confirmed to focus on Bishop, at least from what I was reading.
    Speaking of Storm I loved her bit at the beginning just as much the second time around. Classic. but we already knew that

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

So Duggan knows that Kitty's straight up maiming these people and the effects of her phasing don't wear off if she leaves, right?
    "Cable was right!"

Yup its glorious, next I want her to phase Kade Kilgore into a microwave

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

So Duggan knows that Kitty's straight up maiming these people and the effects of her phasing don't wear off if she leaves, right?
    That seems very clearly to be a major theme of the book. Kitty --> Kate. A lot of y'all blew this stuff off at first and thought this would just be good ole fashioned fun and play pirates but no, Kitty's being led down a path here
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

I dont think he cares. He's writing a different type of Kitty and one that gives no f--ks

Next up Madam LaFarge to appear in those data pages