Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    It wasn't lodged in the center of her throat, though. So while she might have some difficulty breathing, if anything, suffocation is out of the picture.
    She has the thing rammed through her torso, that means her lung there is gone, and her circulatory system destroyed in that area.
    That's both internal bleeding and suffocation on the table, she could litteraly drown in her own blood - she probably does actually.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    She has the thing rammed through her torso, that means her lung there is gone, and her circulatory system destroyed in that area.
    That's both internal bleeding and suffocation on the table, she could litteraly drown in her own blood - she probably does actually.
    Good thing she is Post human like it was said in the data page. No humans were harmed this issue. ^_^
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Not to mention they are also unfairly drafting mutant children into their armies as well as for experiments simply because they are mutant. ...
    They are? That's news to me. Not that I don't trust your word(s), but could you please provide some citations?

They are? That's news to me. Not that I don't trust your word(s), but could you please provide some citations?
    In Russia in marauders it was flat out said they were going to be sent to be experimented on. Also in the latest issue the Brazilian guy flat out says the children are property of the military. In most civilized places you can't experiment on children or force them into the army.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Don't ya think it's possible a biologically/cybernetically/genetically enhanced individual such as herself, could survive both a partially compromised circulatory system, as well as being left with only one lung?
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 12-19-2019 at 08:07 AM.

This series is absolutely killing it. Another fantastic issue. Seems like this and xforce are going back and forth for the number 1 spot during DOX. My only nitpick with the issue was the conclusion. Just didn’t seem that strong to me. Kitty is absolutely stealing the show for this title. Never been a huge fan of the character but she has probably been the most exciting/interesting character during DOX so far.

Maybe I’m the only one but I am having a hard time pinning down what type of title this is going to be. At first it looked liked a pirate sea voyage to different places kinda book....then it shifted to the hellfire situation and now it’s moving towards a bit of espionage. Not complaining at all just kind of hard to pin down what type of title they want this book to be.

Whatever the case, I’m loving It

Don't ya think it's possible a biologically/cybernetically/genetically enhanced individual such as herself, could survive both blood loss, and being left with only one lung?
    maybe if somene got to her immediately, but that doesnt appear to happen especially since Kitty left it in her as opposed to incapacitating her and removing it. Dont mean for it to be much of a debate but just noticing this upon deeper examination

I don't get what some people want from the X-Men. It looks like a consant search for some details that would frame them as the bad guys. They're edgier than before, but nothing we've never seen before (from Decimation up to Second Coming there were literal kill squads).

And when they act like superheroes rescuing children that would have been sent to gulags, experimented on or turned into soldiers then they're dumb because they're disrespecting international laws (as if superheroes ever cared about them anyway lol the Avengers go into foreign countries and engage against foreign villains like it's nothing).

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    that made sense to you? even by comic book standards, it's a ridiculous idea. who inducted these children into the club? why haven't they been killed yet? where are there parents? i want people to think about real world child prodigies. they still need to learn and study. is it really believable that all of these child prodigies of equal age usurped control of the hellfire club? is it believable that all of them are evil and focused on world domination? it makes a mockery of the Hellfire Club concept. it's not even good storytelling. i could buy the Hellfire brats being former mastermind types who were de-aged somehow. but that's not what happened.
    Of course it made sense. Did you even read X-Men at the time?

The Inner Circle was disbanded and there were no more mutants pulling the strings of Hellfire. So Killgore killed and bought his way to the top and recruited 3 of his buddies into the new Circle he created.

And are you really trying to use to real world logic to explain why comic book villains shouldn't be ridiculously smart?
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    maybe if somene got to her immediately, but that doesnt appear to happen especially since Kitty left it in her as opposed to incapacitating her and removing it. Dont mean for it to be much of a debate but just noticing this upon deeper examination
    I disagree, I don't think immediate attention is a deciding factor, given the particulars. I mean, can't just regular people still live & breathe with only one, functioning lung? Also, I think simply removing it would've made things worse, considering the damage that was already done.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    In Russia in marauders it was flat out said they were going to be sent to be experimented on. Also in the latest issue the Brazilian guy flat out says the children are property of the military. In most civilized places you can't experiment on children or force them into the army.
    Oh crap, my bad. I originally misinterpreted what you were saying, as that was something Mutants were guilty of - SORRY!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I don't get what some people want from the X-Men. It looks like a consant search for some details that would frame them as the bad guys. They're edgier than before, but nothing we've never seen before (from Decimation up to Second Coming there were literal kill squads).

And when they act like superheroes rescuing children that would have been sent to gulags, experimented on or turned into soldiers then they're dumb because they're disrespecting international laws (as if superheroes ever cared about them anyway lol the Avengers go into foreign countries and engage against foreign villains like it's nothing).
    Yeah, more & more, it does feel like double standards is the name of the game.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post

Even when those people get want they want, they'll complain.
    "Cable was right!"

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

This isn't the real world but this isn't a saturday Morning cartoon either.
    There's a minimum level of commonality between IRL and the Marvel Universe that we can say that:
    -if people take a bullet in their head, they die;
    -if people get stabbed in their heart, they die;
    -if people fall over a 10-story building, they die...
    And so on and so forth.

That woman has a pillow rammed through her torso, shoulder and face.

You can suspend your disbelief all the way up through the roof if you want, those wounds would prove fatal to anyone not having some sort of Healing power or receiving extensive medical assistance in the Marvel universe.
    That's just how that universe works, if anything you are the one ignoring the history of the Marvel universe if you pretend that kind of wound isn't Deadly to most 616 inhabitants...
    That's an observation, not a criticism, not unlike what happened to QQ in the last issue of X-Force btw.

The "genuine criticism" as you put it lies in Kitty Pryde being the one inflicting that kind of damage to her opponents.
    You'd expect that from the likes of Wolverine or the Punisher, not from her.

People having their lung rammed through like this woman here will die or be on their way to dying as a result, IRL or 616, there's no getting around that. Of course, you are free to consider the opposite but it doesn't change this.
    Actually... superhero comics have way more in common with Saturday morning cartoons than they do real life. In the comics people get shot, stabbed, burned, blown up, tossed off cliffs/buildings etc and survive all the time. Death is a narrative device in comics not a guarantee and when the comic itself goes out of the way to state they aren't killing people, then they aren't killing people. Trying to tie real world consequences to comic book violence is absurd, half or more of the heroes and villains would die from using their own powers.

That cybernetically agumented post human assassin has a pillow through her shoulder, cheek and a small part of her side
    Screenshot 2019-12-19 10.20.24.jpg
    Her companion was also shot at point blank range and guess what, she's alive too.
    Screenshot 2019-12-19 10.20.02.jpg
    Its called comic book violence for a reason. Its unrealistic. By design.

Oh crap, my bad. I originally misinterpreted what you were saying, as that was something Mutants were guilty of - SORRY!
    It's cool. There is so much double speak on this forum sometimes it really is hard to tell. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.