Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

My dislike for Kitty has returned. I'm tried of this push to make Kitty/Kate cool.

On the other hand, I enjoyed Bishop and think Pyro might be "Best Comic Relief of 2019". I loved Storm small part and hope Iceman does something cool soon.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    Another solid issue and I'm LOVING the offensive use of Kate's powers. For all of the whining about "maiming" people, this is superhero comics, people. The same dudes crying about someone phasing stuff into people are the same people that turn a blind eye when Storm hits someone with a lightning bolt or when Wolverine skewers countless mooks or every time Hulk smashes, heaven forbid the victims be some nameless flatscans.

Is it just me or do people have nothing better to do than nitpick things that are unimportant in the grand scheme? It's almost as bad as people decrying violence and gore in the media when stuff like Spawn and Mortal Kombat came out back in the day. Are people truly this worked up over something so trivial that it creates fake outrage, or are people just looking for an excuse to ride that moral high horse?
    People are intelligent enough to know the difference between the characters and game you cited, and the likes of the X-Men.

Not gonna bother with the rest of your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Superheroes have been knocking people unconscious since their inception, in reality there is no way to do that without causing the person serious harm and possibly death, do you complain every time you see it in a comic? The realistic application of superpowers would absolutely result in injury or death. If that is a problem for you, then the genre is probably not for you.

And remember kids, if anyone ever tries to kill you, just let them, because defending yourself makes you just as bad as they are.
    Whataboutism is the lamest of excuses, sorry.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    People are intelligent enough to know the difference between the characters and game you cited, and the likes of the X-Men.

Not gonna bother with the rest of your post.
    TRANSLATION: You have nothing of substance to add, and are just responding because reasons. Gotcha.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

Every Hellfire goon Wolverine deliberately maimed came back to haunt him as a reaver.

Keep a list of the ones Kitty disfigures and perhaps the same will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Every Hellfire goon Wolverine deliberately maimed came back to haunt him as a reaver.

That would be a cool callback, for sure.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    TRANSLATION: You have nothing of substance to add, and are just responding because reasons. Gotcha.
    If that can make you feel better then sure, suit yourself.
    Meanwhile, I still don't care about whataboutism.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Good issue, but I really hope they contiunue the Kate/Bishop potential romance going on. "Katship" is my shipper mentality in DoX.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipitus View Post
    Good issue, but I really hope they contiunue the Kate/Bishop potential romance going on. "Katship" is my shipper mentality in DoX.
    Duggan clearly is writing Kitty as queer so I doubt thatis on the agenda

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She kissed a guy last issue lol.

Queer? where?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Queer? where?
    She feels more like it than any writer before IMO. I cant explain it but I never saw it for her until him

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post

I was kinda thinking the same thing. This is going to come back to bite her.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

She feels more like it than any writer before IMO. I cant explain it but I never saw it for her until him
    Maybe you mean that she is a bit free and very drunk with a black eye, but like Maestroneto said Kitty already kissed a guy.

On this day Bishop never dated a x-woman. I don't think it going to be Kitty, too weird.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I think the people saying "superheroes don't maim like this" are basically correct. Wolverine is a huge exception in the X-line (along with Deadpool, Cable, X-23, and some others depending on story).

BUT.. that's the point.... it should make you look anew at Kate Pryde, *especially given she joined the Hellfire Club and all the other things that are going on with her*. That's, the, whole, point.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

If anyone can make the hellfire brats an actual enjoyable reading experience, it is Duggan. If he can't, then they will continue to be awful villains lol. This one was a little waker than previous issues, but I'm still on board as I loved Duggan's UA.