Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    BUT.. that's the point.... it should make you look anew at Kate Pryde, *especially given she joined the Hellfire Club and all the other things that are going on with her*. That's, the, whole, point.
    Agreed. It's purposely a plot point to be addressed as Bishop briefly did here.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    If anyone can make the hellfire brats an actual enjoyable reading experience, it is Duggan. If he can't, then they will continue to be awful villains lol. This one was a little waker than previous issues, but I'm still on board as I loved Duggan's UA.
    I think it took a while for his UA (and Deadpool) to get good as well .

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I think the people saying "superheroes don't maim like this" are basically correct. Wolverine is a huge exception in the X-line (along with Deadpool, Cable, X-23, and some others depending on story).

BUT.. that's the point.... it should make you look anew at Kate Pryde, *especially given she joined the Hellfire Club and all the other things that are going on with her*. That's, the, whole, point.
    Isn't that a complete departure from her previous characterization in Gold though? I wasn't always a fan, but she seemed to be a capable, level-headed leader of her X-Men.
    An adult.
    Here, she acts like a petulant teenager once again, functionally drunk/flat out drunk half the issues she's in, goring her opponents without any form of remorse.
    How do we reconcile those two takes on her character, especially if it's voluntarily enforced by the writer here as you suggest?
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Isn't that a complete departure from her previous characterization in Gold though? I wasn't always a fan, but she seemed to be a capable, level-headed leader of her X-Men.
    An adult.
    Here, she acts like a petulant teenager once again, functionally drunk/flat out drunk half the issues she's in, goring her opponents without any form of remorse.
    How do we reconcile those two takes on her character, especially if it's voluntarily enforced by the writer here as you suggest?
    It could be intentional. There's a theory that she's being influenced by spoilers:
    Shadow King
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Agreed. It's purposely a plot point to be addressed as Bishop briefly did here.
    Bishop just warned her, but nothing serious realle came. Kitty gonna continue with her erratic behavior

An adult.
    Yeah and that sucked. So now I'm glad we're moving on (Gold Kitty was even too much of a level-headed leader compared to previous Iterations).

I think that Hank wanted Bishop to keep an eye on Kitty and not only the Hellfire Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah and that sucked. So now I'm glad we're moving on (Gold Kitty was even too much of a level-headed leader compared to previous Iterations).

I think that Hank wanted Bishop to keep an eye on Kitty and not only the Hellfire Club.
    That sucked becaus eof bad writing.

women should be competent as leaders too

BANNED

An adult.
    Her life fell apart when she couldn't enter the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    That sucked becaus eof bad writing.

women should be competent as leaders too
    Competent is different than obnoxious and boring. Which is what she was at the time. She was a good leader for the O5 or in Guardians of the Galaxy without the need to turn her into that.

And she hasn't shown bad leadership here yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It could be intentional. There's a theory that she's being influenced by spoilers:
    Shadow King
    end of spoilers
    I'd choose Ogun if I had to pick a psychic influence. Btw, why do people say that?

I'd choose Ogun if I had to pick a psychic influence. Btw, why do people say that?
    spoilers:
    Emma and Jean are going to team up in Feb's Giant Size issue to save Storm. SK is a villian associated wth Storm that makes sense and the speculation is that the oneshot will spin out of something big that happens in Maraurders that month. Two telepaths teaming up make sense if there's a TP villian involved. People only associate Kitty to him bc she's denied access through the gates and her behavior has been off
    end of spoilers

Competent is different than obnoxious and boring. Which is what she was at the time. She was a good leader for the O5 or in Guardians of the Galaxy without the need to turn her into that.

And she hasn't shown bad leadership here yet.
    that still was bad writing.;
    Why Scott can be competent but then Kitty has to be the violent drunk?

I want female chaaracters to have the same chance as male chaarcters.

BANNED

She is not being influenced lol. Dumb theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    spoilers:
    Emma and Jean are going to team up in Feb's Giant Size issue to save Storm. SK is a villian associated wth Storm that makes sense and the speculation is that the oneshot will spin out of something big that happens in Maraurders that month. Two telepaths teaming up make sense if there's a TP villian involved. People only associate Kitty to him bc she's denied access through the gates and her behavior has been off
    end of spoilers
    I think this theory will be only about Storm, not Kate.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    that still was bad writing.;
    Why Scott can be competent but then Kitty has to be the violent drunk?

I want female chaaracters to have the same chance as male chaarcters.
    There's competent female leaders like Scott, but it doesn't mean they all have to have the same "leader voice". I wouldn't want Kate to be female Scott, she can be her own kind of competent leader. In this case, she's thw dysfunctional leader and I'm liking it.