Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

I was finally able to read this issue and like other people here I'm not going to keep reading this book. I despise the the Hellfire brats with a burning passion and I refuse to read a book with them in it. What a way to ruin a solid book Duggan..

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Anyway, this discussion is pointless and stale.
    You can say that again!

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Love this. To bits. Keep going. I'm not even mad about the Hellfire Bratz, that's how much Duggan has me.
    Yep, me too. Didn't like them back in Wolvie & the X-Men but I'm excited to see what Duggan will do with them.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Not an excuse. She's been ruthless before, as someone trained by Wolverine is expected to be.
    Yes it is. How can you expect me (or anyone else) to dissect a story, Ive never read? Make that make sense

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yes it is. How can you expect me (or anyone else) to dissect a story, Ive never read? Make that make sense
    Storm fans scream all the time about how we need to acknowledge Hadari Yao.

You've never seen me do that

The basketball player?

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    I was finally able to read this issue and like other people here I'm not going to keep reading this book. I despise the the Hellfire brats with a burning passion and I refuse to read a book with them in it. What a way to ruin a solid book Duggan..
    I would say let's first see what he does with them. :-)
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    And against type, for the way you perceive Pryde's character in particular, right?
    Right. At least from where she was during the run before Hickman's.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    But conversely, we don't know for sure that's not the case. Either way, it's based on assumption alone, from what we were only shown. And with that TBD status, there's some personal projection being applied, I think it's safe to say. You'll have that, with the interpretation of open-ended scenarios.
    Maybe this will be adressed by the writer next issue but I somehow doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    To me I view this as Duggan "taking Kitty Pryde on a journey to the dark side" more or less. I could be wrong and maybe it's a lot of misdirection and fakeouts but the instant you hear Kitty Pryde will be chosen to be the "Red Queen" of the Hellfire Club? How does that not immediately raise your antennae about her character getting evolved/devolved/transformed? Like to me that is the theme of the entire book more or less.
    I see. I'm not sure I'm eager to see her walk down that path personally though. The last few years have been a string of questionable décisions made by her, no need to see her fall all the way down so to speak imo.

As for WHY it's happening with her, yeah Duggan really should get more into that. He already set up a few things like her not being able to travel through Gates, so she can't speak Krakoan, etc which makes her feel "apart". And you COULD link in some of her other history where she has showed rebelliousness/edge at times into this characterization.
    She never struck me as the gruesome/reckless type whenever she was fighting opponents but maybe I missed iterations where she inflicted the same kind of wounds to her opponents.

100% agree it's a major clash with her in GOLD but for many fans I think they'll happily ignore what happened in GOLD and embrace this instead
    I joined Team Colossus at the end of that run for a Reason, but all in all, I thought she made for a very dependable, mature X-leader during it and that was really nice to see for me. To me, it was growth at least in that department.

Note: I am not claiming Kate is going to become some moustache twirler cackling with glee as she lowers Cyclops into a vat of acid. Just.. she'll kinda lose some of her earlier idealism/innocence and become more "pragmatic" and tough about the world as it is.
    I get what you are saying and I would be fine with her acting that way/deciding to act that way if she wasn't so brutal/heavy-handed while doing it. She's veering into Punisher-territory level of violence.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Of course it made sense. Did you even read X-Men at the time?
    yeah. that's how i know to hate it.

The Inner Circle was disbanded and there were no more mutants pulling the strings of Hellfire.
    it's a secret society. and you're kind of missing the point. entry to the club is based on wealth/political connections. entry to the lords cardinal is based on something greater. how did little kids get into a club that serves alcohol and find out about the secret society?

So Killgore killed and bought his way to the top and recruited 3 of his buddies into the new Circle he created.
    that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard. if anyone was going to fill the void, it would be more established members of the club. mutants were never essential to the inner circle. where was Blackheart, Mountjoy, Benedict Kine, and all of the others who have made plays for the club?

And are you really trying to use to real world logic to explain why comic book villains shouldn't be ridiculously smart?
    it's what separates X-Men from a book about Casper the Friendly ghost. there are accepted comic book tropes. little kid Inner Circle isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    I think that was answered in the past. There was an issue where we saw how Kade killed his father who was a member of the club.
    i have the issue. i feel as if people are misunderstanding. if the only genius is Frankenstein's descendant, how did Kade plan his father's death? have any of you interacted with children before?

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    And the only genius is Frankenstein, her family told him how create monsters and manipulate living beings, he later has to escape because his mansion was assaulted by furious villagers and original monster of Frankenstein was after them, so probably his parents are death.
    for the love of god, please consider the amount of practice it would take to replicate what Victor Frankenstein did. i could totally buy a teenager who has been instructed since adolescence pulling that off. but, coincidentally, there are 4 children with this capability who all know one another. one has an alien pet (i think it was an alien). they have access to all of this exotic technology and resources. no one working for them has thought to just wring their necks and make a powerplay. Shinobi was likely out of college when he made his play to usurp his father's kingship. from my perspective, i'm not being unreasonable. i know these books are fantasy based. i just don't want to be treated like an idiot. why children and not, say, a hamster inner circle? makes just as much sense. all you have to do is write some stupid flashback to the hamsters gaining sentience and hanging out at the Club while plotting their takeover. at some point someone needs to raise their hand and ask if it's a good idea.

isn't this the same universe where a three year old was the smartest person in the universe, capable of manipulating both doctor doom and mister fantastic
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Kate's brutality so far has been either played for laughs or as a badass power display, I guess kind of both at the same time really. You just have to get in with the tone of the book, instead of trying to rationalize the seriousness of ~evil sadistic kate~. If you can't do that, I think this book is just not for you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    isn't this the same universe where a three year old was the smartest person in the universe, capable of manipulating both doctor doom and mister fantastic
    Pretty sure all the smartest MU characters are kids these days (Amadeus, Moon Girl, Riri)

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Kate's brutality so far has been either played for laughs or as a badass power display, I guess kind of both at the same time really. You just have to get in with the tone of the book, instead of trying to rationalize the seriousness of ~evil sadistic kate~. If you can't do that, I think this book is just not for you.
    They can they just don't want to because where's the fun in not having a reason to complain?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Kate has problems, that’s pretty sure. I think is evident that she has a problem with the drinking. Impulsive behavior, drinks to face depression, that is alcolism 101