Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Except that's the real Lady Deathstrike on this page you posted, not some cheap copycats.
    Lady Deathstrike HAS an Healing factor, every X-man knows that and that includes Kitty Pryde. That she would go hardcore on her as a result makes much more sense than her going hardcore on sapien soldiers (who'll probably lose their legs following their confrontation with her) or on crude fac-similes whom she had no clue if they were able to sustain the same kind of damage than the real Lady Deathstrike without dying.
    I know it's Always complicated with you to highlight NUANCE in this kind of discussion, but please, do try and perceive it here, because of how obvious said nuance is.
    So argument is Kitty is smart to asses that Deathstrike wouldn't be hurt but not smart enough to these Deathstrike would be hurt. There is no nuance need Kitty is maiming people not trying kill them. She knows how hurt without killing them.Either you don't like change which people are fine to have that opinion or your don't mind bad guys who are trying to kill the heroes get seriously hurt. Now if you want to waste your time trying to figure out if Kate killed imaginary henchmen go ahead there is going to be no way to ever figure that out.

I am perfectly fine that the Wolverine trained Kate Pryde is fighting more brutally, It does take much of logic leap from there and her life situation to understand her changes. It is out of her normal character but make sense with her life state and fighting background.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 12-20-2019 at 06:12 PM.

BANNED

Fantastic Member

Why are the fake ass hellfire brats back??? I knew i hated this guys writing. Its time to go ahead and boycott this book if this is going to be a thing

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    So argument is Kitty is smart to asses that Deathstrike wouldn't be hurt but not smart enough to these Deathstrike would be hurt. There is no nuance need Kitty is maiming people not trying kill them. She knows how hurt without killing them.Either you don't like change which people are fine to have that opinion or your don't mind bad guys who are trying to kill the heroes get seriously hurt. Now if you want to waste your time trying to figure out if Kate killed imaginary henchmen go ahead there is going to be no way to ever figure that out.

I am perfectly fine that the Wolverine trained Kate Pryde is fighting more brutally, It does take much of logic leap from there and her life situation to understand her changes. It is out of her normal character but make sense with her life state and fighting background.
    As I've said before, I'm pretty sure she's aware of how Deathstrike enhancements work (Kitty is smarter than the average person when it comes to technology). They were essentially Reavers and she went hard on them knowing they're mostly tech.

But yeah this has become useless since no one will agree about this topic.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    As I've said before, I'm pretty sure she's aware of how Deathstrike enhancements work (Kitty is smarter than the average person when it comes to technology). They were essentially Reavers and she went hard on them knowing they're mostly tech.

If you read “this behavior is OOC” as “I don’t like this character new direction” or “I want my favorite character to be written always in the way i first read it” everything makes more sense and you won’t even feel any need to explain or justify anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post

Kitty doesn't really know anything about how these women were build and if they have healing factor. She just didn't cared

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Kitty doesn't really know anything about how these women were build and if they have healing factor. She just didn't cared
    True, explicitly on the page she does not care. However, this only becomes an issues if you assume lethal injuries. If you assume the injuries are merely crippling (with the context of comics where crippling injuries are more of an inconvenience than the real world) then this is significantly less ooc than some would like to presume.

Astonishing Member

She used crippling force on enemies trying to kill her. I don't see anyone else dragging Wolverine or X-23 for slicing and dicing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    True, explicitly on the page she does not care. However, this only becomes an issues if you assume lethal injuries. If you assume the injuries are merely crippling (with the context of comics where crippling injuries are more of an inconvenience than the real world) then this is significantly less ooc than some would like to presume.
    I'm not sure Xavier would agree with you…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I'm not sure Xavier would agree with you…
    I doubt it, how many times has Xavier "recovered" from being paralyzed?

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    She used crippling force on enemies trying to kill her. I don't see anyone else dragging Wolverine or X-23 for slicing and dicing.
    Isn't Wolverine self-loathing for all the killing he's done? And X-23 was always told to not do it and be like him. This seems like a poor example. Kitty shouldn't be like them, lol.

Are we really still talking about how much the poor little post-human murderesses got hurt after stepping to Kate?

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    I doubt it, how many times has Xavier "recovered" from being paralyzed?
    Many times but each time, he had no way to know he would be able to walk again, neither it meant it wasn't painful to stay crippled on a chair during years…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Are we really still talking about how much the poor little post-human murderesses got hurt after stepping to Kate?
    I like how Kate slapped her with the pillow. She's not to be played with.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Isn't Wolverine self-loathing for all the killing he's done? And X-23 was always told to not do it and be like him. This seems like a poor example. Kitty shouldn't be like them, lol.
    Okay. Dust, Magik, and Loa. All severely injure or torture their enemies that are trying to kill them.