Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast

Captain Kate is Kitty AF. I'm happy to see her use her powers in offensive defense. It's great but mostly because the creative team is taking risks that are surprising and rewarding and so far they're managing to establish changes as earned and exciting. But this Kate in exile will hopefully reveal what changed...or why...or how these changes challenge her. And if she is willing to play with hellfire. Maybe she's pissed about decades of shitty characterization. Maybe she's tired of acting overwhelmed...maybe she's over it
    Last edited by sungila; 12-21-2019 at 06:20 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Okay. Dust, Magik, and Loa. All severely injure or torture their enemies that are trying to kill them.
    lol...Magik's a demon. I'd expect no less from her

Hope Emma´s kill all of them. really really hate them. stupid boring lame concept characters.

The Hickmans grannys arer so far superior than them.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Hope Emma´s kill all of them. really really hate them. stupid boring lame concept characters.

LOL...what if they are each the grandchild of one of the grannies?

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    True, explicitly on the page she does not care. However, this only becomes an issues if you assume lethal injuries. If you assume the injuries are merely crippling (with the context of comics where crippling injuries are more of an inconvenience than the real world) then this is significantly less ooc than some would like to presume.
    Reavers are the hellfire club goons that Logan maimed. So crippling can have devasting consequences

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post

Ever since the return of the Hellfire Brats. I been fantasizing about Granny Selene getting her hands on them and draining their life force
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Okay. Dust, Magik, and Loa. All severely injure or torture their enemies that are trying to kill them.
    Loa should become Kate’s student.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    Ever since the return of the Hellfire Brats. I been fantasizing about Granny Selene getting her hands on them and draining their life force
    Now I really want Selene trying to drain Whitemelya and she begin to scream in horror because her soul is so poisonous that hurt her. If Carnage could defeat hulk of pure horror making him see how crazy he is , this is possible.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Isn't Wolverine self-loathing for all the killing he's done? And X-23 was always told to not do it and be like him. This seems like a poor example. Kitty shouldn't be like them, lol.
    My point was the hypocrisy.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Now I really want Selene trying to drain Whitemelya and she begin to scream in horror because her soul is so poisonous that hurt her. If Carnage could defeat hulk of pure horror making him see how crazy he is , this is possible.
    Not like i hasn't happened before in the Marvel multi-verse. In the "New Mutants Forever" mini, Selene got injected by the Red Skull's mutagenic agent and, while ruminating about her slow monstrous transformation in Limbo, she waxes philosophical about her feeling of being out-eviled by the Skull. She gets over it and gets better in the end, but still.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    My point was the hypocrisy.
    What hypcorisy? X-23 fans always call her and the writers out whenever she is reduced to slicing and dicing. At least on this board, there is almost always the same amount of outrage with her as we are seeing here with Kitty. X-23's actions rarely get condoned. Heck there was a big stink last year when she sliced a dude's fingers off in X-men Red
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-21-2019 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    lol...Magik's a demon. I'd expect no less from her
    I always find it hilarious when she threw her enemies in Limbo and no one on the New Mutants cared.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Loa should become Kate’s student.
    She should be a Marauder

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Reavers are the hellfire club goons that Logan maimed. So crippling can have devasting consequences
    Now imagine those two russian guard with bionic legs and this woman with adamamntine cyborg side....
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Yeah, And? My entire point, which you seem to have missed, is that comic books treat fights and consequences unrealistically. (Exactly how realistic is extensive cybernetic augmentation again?) Maybe this will lead to a long period of painful cybernetic reconstruction and swearing of vengeance or maybe after some minor repairs she'll get up, shrug and go out for some tacos. Its a comic book, and either result is equally plausible. In the real world crippling injuries are devastating affairs involving long periods of pain and suffering. Comics routinely treat them as a minor annoyance or an excuse for an upgrade, which is entirely in keeping with your observation.

Further comic violence has a bright red line called "lethal force", if you cross that line you are a killer, anything short of it (really, anything at all short of it) and people usually don't bat an eye. In real life or in the comics.

The severity of ones injuries only matter if the author wants to revisit them down the road.
    Last edited by Kisinith; 12-22-2019 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Yeah, And? My entire point, which you seem to have missed, is that comic books treat fights and consequences unrealistically. (Exactly how realistic is extensive cybernetic augmentation again?) Maybe this will lead to a long period of painful cybernetic reconstruction and swearing of vengeance or maybe after some minor repairs she'll get up, shrug and go out for some tacos. Its a comic book, and either result is equally plausible. In the real world crippling injuries are devastating affairs involving long periods of pain and suffering. Comics routinely treat them as a minor annoyance or an excuse for an upgrade, which is entirely in keeping with your observation.

Further comic violence has a bright red line called "lethal force", if you cross that line you are a killer, anything short of it (really, anything at all short of it) and people usually don't bat an eye. In real life or in the comics.

The severity of ones injuries only matter if the author wants to revisit them down the road.
    Deep down, it's always about how much the author want his/her universe to mirror ours.

Comics have been often despised because they lull us in a universe where actions have little consequences: she died, she will ressurect later, he is crippled, he will walk again… and where the most unexpectable things happen: everything is against the hero, he will miraculously escape…

I am maybe too old for this kind of comic.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe