Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Pyro schtick was always that he can control flames, but not generate them. Hence the flamethrower he carries around. The good old days, when mutant powers had limitations to make them interesting!
    This!

This is precisely why over-powered mutants should be taken down a notch and make way for mutants like Stitch, Dazzler, Skein, etc.

Mutants with limitations are much more interesting IMO.

does Pyro retain his memories pre-death? i imagine that could be pretty traumatic. he had a real rough ride towards the end of his life. it will be interesting to see if he ever reunites with Mystique, Avalanche (whenever he's resurrected), Blob, Moira, etc. judging by the face tat, he'll probably flame out before then.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    This!

This is precisely why over-powered mutants should be taken down a notch and make way for mutants like Stitch, Dazzler, Skein, etc.

Mutants with limitations are much more interesting IMO.
    *Shortpack*

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    does Pyro retain his memories pre-death? i imagine that could be pretty traumatic. he had a real rough ride towards the end of his life. it will be interesting to see if he ever reunites with Mystique, Avalanche (whenever he's resurrected), Blob, Moira, etc. judging by the face tat, he'll probably flame out before then.
    Add it to the list of "Why haven't these characters interacted yet?". It's a long list.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Pyro's powers are rubbish. You might as well have a human on the team with a flame thrower. He doesn't seem to use his powers to control flames. Maybe it's time he became a proper pyrokinetic.
    He amplifies and manipulates them into constructs, which is much more interesting than genero heat-spawning character #1617÷627362>÷8$^÷ cnks.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    He amplifies and manipulates them into constructs, which is much more interesting than genero heat-spawning character #1617÷627362>÷8$^÷ cnks.
    I agree i think Pyro has one of the coolest powers i think people miss that he doesn't just control fire he turns them into semi living beings that can act. I always thought his powers were way cooler than say human torch. That would be an awesome match up with him turning Johnny's fire into living constructs that start doing mega damage so Human Torch retreats realizing he is just helping him do more damage. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I agree i think Pyro has one of the coolest powers i think people miss that he doesn't just control fire he turns them into semi living beings that can act. I always thought his powers were way cooler than say human torch. That would be an awesome match up with him turning Johnny's fire into living constructs that start doing mega damage so Human Torch retreats realizing he is just helping him do more damage. lol
    His power would be useless because Johnny can absorb fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    It would be nice to see this power demonstrated rather than him just shooting flames out of a flame thrower.

My thoughts.

Kitty getting smacked in the nose again is funny.

Bishop was good but his skydiving freakout was odd.

The pillow attack was brutal.

Brazil seems like an odd choice to be the bad guys.

I'm liking this book way more than I thought... aaaand it's the Hellfire kids. I'm out. Maybe I'll return next arc.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I was enjoying this book, but the Hellfire Bratz? Nope, book dropped.

I may come back after their arc, but I just cannot read those characters.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    His power would be useless because Johnny can absorb fire.
    Not really useless he may not be able to hurt johnny but he can use him to cause quite a bit of damage. If he creates flying flame creatures Johnny has to catch them before they do damage in order to stop them and in order to fly after them he has to flame on. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Not really useless he may not be able to hurt johnny but he can use him to cause quite a bit of damage. If he creates flying flame creatures Johnny has to catch them before they do damage in order to stop them and in order to fly after them he has to flame on. lol
    that and, theoretically, Johnny's powers would be useless against Pyro. could St. John maybe extinguish Johnny's flames mid flight or cause him to go super nova at a bad time? they've fought before (Marvel Adventures Spider-man #31). but it wasn't canon.