Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I was so looking forward to finally see Apoth and what a disappointment he is. The looks and the powers are as terrible as I find the debut of Metus (cable villain) last year.

I have updated my votes in the X-Books 2019 voting to Apoth as the number one for Least Favorite villain of 2019
    The Metus stuff was so poor I’m still not sure whether it actually happened or was a fever dream, even though Hope still has the scars in newer books.

Incredible Member

While excalibur is finally taking off this issue of FA hit the rock botton. And it had indeed an interesting number 1.

Ok this was probably the best issue because i feel i got it. Basically the villain feels humans still need to evolve and since mutants and god abandoned them (even though mutants abandoning their persecutors made my eyes roll so far back i'm typing this almost blind.) So he wants to basically turn humans into post humans (mix them with tech) so he can control them. Still the weakest of all the books and none of the voices feel right to me and i give a lot of leeway on things like that. But the last page literally made me go "well got damn now we stealing Dr. Manhattan."
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Apoth could definitely use a more creative design but I’m into his reasoning and existence. People are saying nothing happened but we’ve basically gotten all we needed of the motivation behind Apoth, the stakes behind Cable’s kidnapping, and his connection to Psylocke.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Apoth could definitely use a more creative design but I’m into his reasoning and existence. People are saying nothing happened but we’ve basically gotten all we needed of the motivation behind Apoth, the stakes behind Cable’s kidnapping, and his connection to Psylocke.
    I think most people don't actually read this book and the wording is so deep and wordy that if you just skim it you won't gleam the story but your right everything was pretty much laid out in this issue. Just because the characters didn't move much doesn't mean the story didn't.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The only good thing about Apoth's motivation is that it ties into the narrative that mutants lose due to human/machine evolution. I read his first encounter with Kwannon a couple of times and I have no idea what happened.

Also both events were way too wordy.

So something happened but it was a mere crumb compared to sandwiches the other books offered last Wednesday.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The only good thing about Apoth's motivation is that it ties into the narrative that mutants lose due to human/machine evolution. I read his first encounter with Kwannon a couple of times and I have no idea what happened.

Also both events were way too wordy.

So something happened but it was a mere crumb compared to sandwiches the other books offered last Wednesday.
    He pretended to be a baby and that made her cry meaning manipulating her means she loves them or because apoth manipulated her is proof of love? Honestly I thought it was betsy psylock being the one to save apoth also wouldnt apoth view its creator as parents insted of witch ever psylock chose not to kill the thing that they thought was a baby

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I guess Apoth has some kind of physical form that can be slain which is why Kwannon was sent to kill it in the past and he probably took advantage of her empath powers to get away. Hill still needs to explain how Overdrive really works and how he located Kwannon's daughter.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    He pretended to be a baby and that made her cry meaning manipulating her means she loves them or because apoth manipulated her is proof of love? Honestly I thought it was betsy psylock being the one to save apoth also wouldnt apoth view its creator as parents insted of witch ever psylock chose not to kill the thing that they thought was a baby
    I think it was deeper than just pretending. He says he was just born, newly created and imo he chose a child voice because yes he knew it would manipulate Kwannon but he also wanted her to feel his infancy in hopes that she would not destroy him. From her deciding not to kill him the love grew from there, though he was under the mechanics of many masters Kwannon who was an assassin sent to destroy him defied her own "coding" and chose to let him live showing him mercy, in that moment he learned mercy and showed Kwannon such because once again she chose to actually listen to him again, something i doubt those who saw him as nothing more than tech did. I could easily see someone deciding someone who showed them mercy and allowed them to live was their real parent as opposed to a creator that abdanonded you and as far as you know left you die alone.

That was actually the part i liked most because it showed Kwannon's heart. it made me think all deep like "for who would cry for a program."

But what stood out as a WTF for me and i overthink things too much was if she couldn't open the door, and he couldn't open the door, how did she get out in the next panel.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Oh and i liked that it solidified that humans and mutants have a common enemy. In the interview on the data page it's made explicit the program has no soul. Imo this is very much the mind of Orichis and what is to say this program without soul isn't what ultimately corrupts Nimrod in the future so there is A LOT of potential that was laid out in this issue. If Apoch wants to force humans to turn to post humans, and artificial intelligence is the construct in which humans are using to eradicate mutants. It is the most clear indication of Moira's biggest fear and the consequence in store for man.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Just read the issue. Here's some random thoughts.

The scene from the past felt like feudal Japan but it was probably the 80s.

Laura seems to have regressed to a violent child.

When Cable was told to give a message to the one he knows as Psylocke I want him to deliver it to Betsy by mistake.

Why not call herself Revanche again?

I thought she made peace with the real Psylocke after she got sick.

I think I am done with this. It's okay but not worth the $6.