Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    To me, it’s still well-written and an interesting look at Psylocke.
    Can't agree more about Psylocke II.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

BANNED

It's funny how the defense for this book sounds like nothing more than deflection of criticism.
    Telling people not to read the book doesn't make it good nor is it in any way a valid defense to complaints people have with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Can't agree more about Psylocke II.
    I think the content is asking us to take a closer look at Psylocke’s struggles. She definitely is being treated as impatient and unwilling to compromise, which puts her in precarious situations where she’s in too deep. Respect the X-23 fans but she’s been mishandled so much (even from Taylor’s run) that I find it interesting to deal with something that never properly got resolved. Laura’s humanity, autonomy, and will? Sure, that’s been handled. But all that repressed anger just seemed to melt away in timeskips as something we were all supposed to just move on from. And I’ve been enjoying Cable now since he’s more than just “Old Cable but young” rather now he has new dynamics with his family and his eagerness hasn’t been honed in and he doesn’t have years of experience under his belt, so he’s still learning even if he doesn’t want to.

Fantastic Member

This book is an acquired taste lol. I still think it’s still way better than way better than Excalibur story and art wise. I’m having a hard time trying to understand Kwannon’s decision to stay in Krakoa. Why not just move back to Japan and serve the Hand as an assassin again? I guess they are attempting to give her an identify independent of Betsy. It’s just so weird that after everything Bestsy has been through you would think she would have more kinship with former body mate lol. It’s fascinating how the entity she is fighting seems very reminiscent of the Shadow King but in digital form. At this rate, she seems destined to be Sinister’s prime assassin.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Which would explain her on "Hellions."
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Man, this Apoth guy loves to talk. Thanos sweating.
    Not much combat.

What to do? 5/10?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Inflation for the price and the rest is talent… But you need to stay focus on your work to express it. Today, there are so many distractions like social networks… Well I have work to do. Bye.
    Being fair with the writers I think editorial push them to extend stories to fit a 6-issue tpb.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Being fair with the writers I think editorial push them to extend stories to fit a 6-issue tpb.
    Which is dumb. Just give us 3 2-parters or 6 single issues, etc.
    "Cable was right!"

Here's the thing. I feel like this can be any Asian Hand ninja that wears the uniform.

He took away the name Kwannon.

They decided to give her the Psylocke codename (Which we all know why).

No mention of Revanche. Or Matsuo. Or The Hand.

Did she love Matsuo? Was that kid a product of that relationship? Where's the introspection of being back in the world when she has been gone for so long.

I want more of the Revanche continuity sprinkled into this arc. Instead of it being completely erased or not acknowledged.

So with issue 6 being the final one, that leaves 2 issues to wrap this all up.

I kinda like Apoth, so I'm hoping they fail to kill him. He can become the Techno God of the Post-Humans

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Here's the thing. I feel like this can be any Asian Hand ninja that wears the uniform.

He took away the name Kwannon.

They decided to give her the Psylocke codename (Which we all know why).

No mention of Revanche. Or Matsuo. Or The Hand.

Did she love Matsuo? Was that kid a product of that relationship? Where's the introspection of being back in the world when she has been gone for so long.
    He might have "taken away" the name Kwannon, as in that it's not her real name and she doesn't wanna be called it, but he has acknowledged it and made it into a story element. The meaning is explained on the first issue, we see who gave it to her and when, and we have her explicitly not wanting to be called it. Then she introduces herself as Psylocke, we see the flashback of her masters saying "Your name is Kwannon" as contrast.

I'm pretty sure Matsuo and The Hand have been actually mentioned. And with all the missions we've seen her on in flashbacks, isn't the implication that, she was doing those for the Hand? Though on that part I might be wrong.

The idea of being back in the world when she's been gone: We see her opinions about the current status quo aka Krakoa. And about Betsy. And they've also established that her mind was still there, dormant, while Betsy was in her body. So she's not completely blind about the current world. Not to mention that all her life was being an assassin so I don't think there would be anything new about... Casual life or politics or whatever that she would particular be shocked by or interested in.

There was a brief mention of Matsuo in issue 1 & Nyorin in in issue 3, I believe. However both where just name drops. All we have to go on from her old origin is that & the mention of Nyorin was that she was his "blade". So I wonder is whoever is talking to her/training her in the few flashbacks panels we got Nyorin's clan or was he someone she ended up working for years later.

Thing is, his character is has blank as hers so it does give Hill, or any writer after this mini, pretty much carte blanche to do whatever they want with her character.

I get her anger & distrust of everything around her, I think, if Hill hadn't been stretched thin he could've done something more with the first 3-4 issues. I want the character to succeed cause I've got an interest in certain D-list/unpopular characters getting elevated under good writers. I liked Hills Batman run, but between writing this, Angel, writing/directing Titans, I agree it feels like quality is going down.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    So is Kiwanna her real name?
    What a cute name.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    What a cute name.
    Fun fact it means origan and popular, also it started to spike in use when betsy debuted and she became psylock... then it fell out same time kwannon came in to existence

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I was so looking forward to finally see Apoth and what a disappointment he is. The looks and the powers are as terrible as I find the debut of Metus (cable villain) last year.

I have updated my votes in the X-Books 2019 voting to Apoth as the number one for Least Favorite villain of 2019
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================