Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    BANNED

Percy surely knows how to write characters and their voice. But when it comes to actual battle scenerios, it feels quite generic. I was never really satisfied with this from the beginning. Hope to see more action next issue.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I know deaths have always been a joke in comics, but seriously. It really is a "You killed Kenny!" situation at this point. Its just mindless shock value. And it makes it feel like there are no consequences.

Maybe they just don't bother with security? Its only a mild inconvenience when people die.

I wanted to like this one, but its now just emphasizing why the clones were a terrible writing choice. At least I got some joy seeing QQ being cut down to size.
    Where’s the shock value if everyone know they can come back in a matter of days? Obviously the death are not done for shock value but to trigger events, show the abilities of the enemy, the weakness of mutants’ plan and so on.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It was really cool, i never imagined that the power could be used this way. very creative
    She's actually done it a couple of times, the one that springs to mind immediately is her projecting the emotional content of Xavier's memories during NXM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    What was so creative about? It’s literally projecting thoughts(multiple man’s in this case) which any telepath has done.
    As for the rest of the issue:
    The deaths in HOx/Pox/Dawn of x are so overdone. I didnt feel anything when wolverine got sliced in half cuz I know it’s an easy fix.

Once again humans make boring antagonists. It’s ok for an issue or two but when it’s al humans all the time, it’s pretty lame.
    Any telepath can do it, however many of them don't more specifically telepathy and how it's visually shown has been lackluster for years now. Off the top of my head I can only think of Xavier, Jean, and Emma creating such interactive psychic environments usually a telepath does something like this in their minds or on the astral plane this was a projection.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Once again humans make boring antagonists. It’s ok for an issue or two but when it’s al humans all the time, it’s pretty lame.
    I will say that the unified mutants(no more good vs bad) situation we have now seems to be the fruition of a slow erosion in the past few decades(where Magneto, Mystique, White Queen, and Sabretooth all became X-Men team proper fixtures) of morality, and made it necessary to force intra-team/hero drama(Wolvie vs Scott, AvX, IvX, Storm vs Colossus/Rachel, etc, etc) to have narrative punch. Now that alll the mutants are working together, and all of humanity is now cast as their enemy, it seems even more of an artificial tension. You have dozens of mutants with power over fundamental forces of reality and mind(not to mention hundreds of thousands of additional lower level powers) that can endlessly respawn and have advanced organic/mutagenic housing and technology vs some humans and their sticks and stones? And it's supposed to be a questionable outcome, or even an inevitable loss situation? Please. That's why every human bum on the street has psi shielding and mutant canceling tech all of a sudden. Overall I am enjoying Hickman's new age, but there are definitely some holes in the foundation. I am just so pleased by his audacity that I am sitting back and enjoying the ride anyways.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    Where’s the shock value if everyone know they can come back in a matter of days? Obviously the death are not done for shock value but to trigger events, show the abilities of the enemy, the weakness of mutants’ plan and so on.
    Yes, exactly. It's to show that while death isn't permanent for mutants, that humans still have ways to combat them, frustrate them, and accomplish their own anti-mutant goals.

As for this latest X-Force issue as a whole, it's great. Every issue gets more exciting as it delves more into what this X-Force will be. Love that Forge is essentially their 'Q'.

And man, I really can't wait to see what Percy has lined up for his Wolverine solo.

Astonishing Member

Wasn't Mondo supposed to be on this team or was that New Mutants?

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Seriously, if it was that easy to kill two of the most powerful mutants out there I'm shocked any of our heroes are still around. But shucks, just put them in the goo tubes and next week we're fine. This is the serious downside to what Hickman's done. It was one thing when they'd bring back a dead character after a year or two... but this book is just going to mow down everyone because they CAN.
    You know this made me think about how apparently the mutant right now seem to be...less skilled or more easy to get....
    Remeber when wolvie got his issue with Healing Factor, he repeated how the hyperhealing factor/being immortal somehow made him a sloppy fighter since he never bothered to parry or dodge anyway?
    I think this resurrection thing, kind of put the whole mutants of Krakoa in same field. Why bother checking for traps, why need intelligence, why caring for murder. We can't die anyway so who cares.
    Is not a smart thought line.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    You know this made me think about how apparently the mutant right now seem to be...less skilled or more easy to get....
    Remeber when wolvie got his issue with Healing Factor, he repeated how the hyperhealing factor/being immortal somehow made him a sloppy fighter since he never bothered to parry or dodge anyway?
    I think this resurrection thing, kind of put the whole mutants of Krakoa in same field. Why bother checking for traps, why need intelligence, why caring for murder. We can't die anyway so who cares.
    That's not what's happening tho. They're not solely being more careless because of resurrection they're still riding the high from their successful founding of a mutant nation and their victory over Orchis. That combined without the fact that their national security is still in it's infancy makes them a prime target.

The book even highlights this by pointing out that Xavier was being dangerously careless and trusting.

This book is awesome. That said I’m already tired of the resurrections and the story ideas coming from them. It wasn’t that original or engaging to begin with and has now been beaten to powder. And frankly all it’s setting up is another writer coming in and retconning all this as being clones and revealing the originals tucked away somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Wasn't Mondo supposed to be on this team or was that New Mutants?
    Mondo is on New Mutants

That's not what's happening tho. They're not solely being more careless because of resurrection they're still riding the high from their successful founding of a mutant nation and their victory over Orchis. That combined without the fact that their national security is still in it's infancy makes them a prime target.

The book even highlights this by pointing out that Xavier was being dangerously careless and trusting.
    Xavier's death was most likely a setup. If there's one thing Charles Xavier isn't, its trusting.

This, and I'm also seeing an accelerated intensity from the mutant-hating groups. The official recognition of Krakoa seems to have sent many of them over the edge. And I get the feeling once they figure out the mutants can resurrect, human friends/family will be major targets.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    This book is awesome. That said I’m already tired of the resurrections and the story ideas coming from them. It wasn’t that original or engaging to begin with and has now been beaten to powder. And frankly all it’s setting up is another writer coming in and retconning all this as being clones and revealing the originals tucked away somewhere.
    We're too deep into this for "some writer" to come in an retcon this. Especially since Hickman still has his hands on the reins for the next 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    I don't know. Dying is not an easy thing I think. I suppose it's scary and painful most of the time, even if you know that you can be brought back to life.
    Also, when a group of humans kills your kind, and when you run after them, do you stop in front your own teleport gate and say to yourself "Hey guys, wait a minute, maybe they are going to blow it?". I'm not sure that they would. Especially has it has not happened before.

Mutants, like humains, adapt from experiences. Some experiences are deadly. But for the Mutants, they can learn from those fatals experiences as they can be resurrected. That can make them superior in the long term....
    Last edited by franckd; 12-20-2019 at 03:15 AM.

I feel like everyone is missing the pertinent question here, which is whether Legs Wolverine or Torso Wolverine will get to live next to Jean on the Moon.