Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    I feel like everyone is missing the pertinent question here, which is whether Legs Wolverine or Torso Wolverine will get to live next to Jean on the Moon.
    "Live next to Jean on the moon"

Worded like that it sounds like the worst kind of fanfiction possible.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I feel like everyone is missing the pertinent question here, which is whether Legs Wolverine or Torso Wolverine will get to live next to Jean on the Moon.
    Wolverine/Jean/Wolverine love triangle

Wait...yeah if he can regrow rom a cell will this make 2...or was his lower half lost
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    That's not what's happening tho. They're not solely being more careless because of resurrection they're still riding the high from their successful founding of a mutant nation and their victory over Orchis. That combined without the fact that their national security is still in it's infancy makes them a prime target.

The book even highlights this by pointing out that Xavier was being dangerously careless and trusting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    You know this made me think about how apparently the mutant right now seem to be...less skilled or more easy to get....
    Remeber when wolvie got his issue with Healing Factor, he repeated how the hyperhealing factor/being immortal somehow made him a sloppy fighter since he never bothered to parry or dodge anyway?
    I think this resurrection thing, kind of put the whole mutants of Krakoa in same field. Why bother checking for traps, why need intelligence, why caring for murder. We can't die anyway so who cares.
    Is not a smart thought line.
    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I will say that the unified mutants(no more good vs bad) situation we have now seems to be the fruition of a slow erosion in the past few decades(where Magneto, Mystique, White Queen, and Sabretooth all became X-Men team proper fixtures) of morality, and made it necessary to force intra-team/hero drama(Wolvie vs Scott, AvX, IvX, Storm vs Colossus/Rachel, etc, etc) to have narrative punch. Now that alll the mutants are working together, and all of humanity is now cast as their enemy, it seems even more of an artificial tension. You have dozens of mutants with power over fundamental forces of reality and mind(not to mention hundreds of thousands of additional lower level powers) that can endlessly respawn and have advanced organic/mutagenic housing and technology vs some humans and their sticks and stones? And it's supposed to be a questionable outcome, or even an inevitable loss situation? Please. That's why every human bum on the street has psi shielding and mutant canceling tech all of a sudden. Overall I am enjoying Hickman's new age, but there are definitely some holes in the foundation. I am just so pleased by his audacity that I am sitting back and enjoying the ride anyways.
    Or writers now are simply free to be more realistic. After all, the only real reason super heroes are usually so effective and unbeatable, despite most of them not even having a proper fight/military/strategic training, it’s that they are the main characters in their story and they can’t be killed, if not rarely. If it wasn’t for this reason, that has nothing to do with their skills, ability, or narrative realism, but it’s just a need of the format (ongoing stories without a real end featuring always the same character), considered the amount of fights and level of violence featured in super hero stories what we are seeing in X-Force would be the norm. Everyone is so used to see heroes run into fights that, while most readers are surprised Wolverine can be killed by the portal, nobody thought how stupid it is, not in this instance but in general in super hero stories, that heroes usually just run or teleport into battles without first sending a decoy or a drone first to gather information.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    Or writers now are simply free to be more realistic. After all, the only real reason super heroes are usually so effective and unbeatable, despite most of them not even having a proper fight/military/strategic training, it’s that they are the main characters in their story and they can’t be killed, if not rarely. If it wasn’t for this reason, that has nothing to do with their skills, ability, or narrative realism, but it’s just a need of the format (ongoing stories without a real end featuring always the same character), considered the amount of fights and level of violence featured in super hero stories what we are seeing in X-Force would be the norm. Everyone is so used to see heroes run into fights that, while most readers are surprised Wolverine can be killed by the portal, nobody thought how stupid it is, not in this instance but in general in super hero stories, that heroes usually just run or teleport into battles without first sending a decoy or a drone first to gather information.
    True but it still robs any sort of stakes from any story. It ends up with us going ah he’ll be cloned back to life next issue oh well.
    Last edited by WeaponX; 12-20-2019 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    True but it still robs any sort of stakes from any story. It ends up with us going ah he’ll be cloned back to life next issue oh well.
    The stakes arent about whether a character dies or not. The new status quo is making people change how they view stories. The current stories are giving a sense of security bc death is meaningless now but Id wager this is intentional bc there will be a point where the resurrections no longer work and the first mutant that cant be brought back will serve as a twist for this world thats been built

Astonishing Member

If the only stakes in your story come from whether or not a character is gonna die that's a sign of poor writing to me. The stakes in this story aren't gonna come from the mortality of its characters but moreso the over all safety and security of Krakoa. Besides if humans can just stroll into mutant paradise and kill with impunity that kinda defeats the purpose of Krakoa.

Also really glad they included that bit about adamantium for those who really had a be ib their bonet about how wolverine got his claws back after his resurrection.

I'm actually interested in seeing the repercussions of the attack on Greenspace. What's been stolen/destroyed and how many casualties due to the X-Men's failure to resist the attack.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

That's what I wondered immediately on seeing Wolvie cut in half: are both halves going to regenerate the missing bits like a planarian flatworm?

This is my favourite of all the new X-Books. The last scene where we were set-up to watch Wolverine and Pink Hair kick human-ass, only to have them so easily butchered was such a fun surprise.

Jean is amazing on this team. Grim and serious and while gracefully floating around. If I could levitate my feet would never touch the ground.

And Forge flirting up a storm with Wolverine was everything. Is he canonically bisexual? if not, he sure is now. Looking forward to seeing more of his gigantic thighs and his lop-sided moustache.

The X-Force really do need to step up their game tho. I hope they get their act together soon.
    Last edited by Ravyn; 12-23-2019 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Brilliant!
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

X-Fans June 2019: Rosenberg keeps killing characters. He sucks.

X-Fans December 2019: Percy keeps killing characters. He rules.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Don't be gross.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post

Rosenberg wrote meaningless deaths for shock value, to prop up other characters and be depressing.

Percy wrote interesting deaths made to establish the villains, develop the characters dying, with us knowing they'll come back.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Is Domino going to keep smoking out of her empty eyesocket? If so, can we confine her to offpanel?

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post

I don't have anything against Rosenberg, but his Uncanny made no sense.