Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

I still believe that this book is the best X-book. Better than the main title, and in many ways the real successor of HOX. My only concern is that they are using the "immortality" of the X-men too much. They are at risk to seem less efficient and powerful than before.
    But I never read Benjamin Percy comics, and he is already for me one of the best new talents of Marvel.
    Last edited by lordozone; 12-18-2019 at 05:51 PM.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    You don't have to let 4 of them kill Xavier in the presence of Jean,wolverine and beast and also 33 other mutants and also while they're seeing suspicious bogies dropping on Krakoa to make them a credible threat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    So creating a way to infiltrate Krakoa, and assassinating Xavier isn't a big deal? Xavier is extremely important to Krakoa.
    You totally missed my point here.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

You totally missed my point here.
    You're aware of the fact that the "bogies" registered as Domino correct?

BANNED

You're aware of the fact that the "bogies" registered as Domino correct?
    And since when Domino became multiple women?

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

It looked like one signature to me when I read it. Regardless, the computer and Sage said that they were Domino returning to Krakoa, not just four random people jumping whether you like it or not. That's the reason behind them not being quick to attack.

From the Island, the four guys can't been as 4 individuals, but as a small glowing mass entering the atmosphere. That's how it is drawn, with Black Tom being concerned as he watches it. He warns Sage and she replies that she's "aware, that the monitor is acting a glitchy, but it looks like Domino"

BANNED

It looked like one signature to me when I read it. Regardless, the computer and Sage said that they were Domino returning to Krakoa, not just four random people jumping whether you like it or not. That's the reason behind them not being quick to attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    From the Island, the four guys can't been as 4 individuals, but as a small glowing mass entering the atmosphere. That's how it is drawn, with Black Tom being concerned as he watches it. He warns Sage and she replies that she's "aware, that the monitor is acting a glitchy, but it looks like Domino"
    They dropped on parachute. I don't see why security can't figure out there's 4 of them.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

How do you prepare against terrorist attacks? How do you prepare against mass shooting? You have to consider the unexpected and unpredictable factors. Don't forget that this nation is new. And that's one of the point of this book : they have to improve their defense, like they will surely have to improve their laws. A nation is not a nation just because Magneto and Xavier said so. They have to build it. And then, it will never be 100 % safe.
    All of this, Krakoa is a fairly new nation with unrecognized sovereignty in several parts of the world and animosity by several different people, countries, or factions. Like the one we're seeing now, these enemies have planned accordingly for the security measures that the X-men currently have in place. And as they do the X-men are asseeing the situation then adjusting their approach and direction it's literally the purpose of the series.

But unlike so many of the DOX books, this series with each issue is growing what we know about these attacks, and the X-men's response based on the current information they have. What we aren't seeing is the X-men used interchangeably based on power sets. Percy is developing each character as well as the scope of the series and what its seeking to do. In a much more engaging and dynamic manner than having most the cast in other series who are OOC, absent, or irreverent. The story is affecting everyone not just the author's favorites.

One guy's take...

The tech is essentially in it's infancy. In addition, there is no telling how long Black Tom has been interfacing with the island. While we have a "Ballpark..." idea of the amount of time that Doug and Forge have been working on navigating it, Black Tom and Sage are largely unknowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    New York is destroyed almost weekly in Marvel, I don't understand the problem with Krakoa.

If security were perfect there would be no story to tell. Like, it is a country, not some kind of impregnable fortress.
    No there would be story. There just wouldnt be a story like this where the X-men are made out to be incompetent chumps

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Hard to dispute X-Force is the de facto "Flagship" title at this point. Just the most action-packed, the most prominent characters, and advances plots the most of any book
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Hard to dispute X-Force is the de facto "Flagship" title at this point. Just the most action-packed, the most prominent characters, and advances plots the most of any book
    Its also where Xavier is after his big role in House of X/Powers of X, which is pretty significant

Why is everyone saying that Krakoa has been attacked three times and its defense system is bad? The two attacks in this issue were not on the island, but on two separate facilities far away, one in San Francisco, one by New York. It had nothing to do with Krakoa’s defense system or the lack of it.

Sure, given how much humans hate mutants you need better security for these places too that are related to Krakoa, but it’s not the same when they breached the island and assassinated Xavier. And as someone already pointed out, how can you prevent terrorist attacks on certain random easily accessible places? Because these were on much accessible places than Krakoa.

The X-Men weren’t ready for defending the island in the first issue, it was a lesson to learn but they’re already working on it, but sure they aren’t ready for defending countless places all over the world all of a sudden either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No there would be story. There just wouldnt be a story like this where the X-men are made out to be incompetent chumps
    I'm not sure why krakoa being attacked by super soldiers/trained assassins financed by shadowy organizations with enough resources that would probably dwarf smaller countries makes the X-Men incompetent.

Right now the mutants still have no idea who's attacking them not to mention licking the wounds of their first attack right on the heels of this second one. They're effectively playing defence against a superior military intelligence.

Really enjoyable issue.
    >You'd think the hundreds of telepaths on Krakoa would be scanning for any and everything that might be a threat to mutants... and not be as ethical as Xavier used to be about neutralizing them.
    >Seeing QQ dead is a highlight of my X-Men reading for 2019. Pity it's temporary.
    >Will Domino have to rescue Logan from Xeno now? Will Xeno cover all their operatives in Logan's endless supply of flesh?

Favourite panel...
    comps.jpg
    'Summers News and Media' is such a deep dive. When was the last time Scott was a radio announcer? The 60s? Nice trivia, though.
    'Wolverine Waste Management'? The shaaaaaade, Professor. The shaaaaaaade!
    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I mean like Krakoa has been breached 3x.
    And almost in every DOX Book Humans use Power Dampers on them......
    I feel like this is just sabotage at this point. Like they are showing that Krakoa for ALL the POWERFUL mutants and EXTREMELY SMART mutants they have they are........Useless and pathetic. IMO.
    I think that's perfect. If mutants were partying nonstop on their tropical island without a care in the world forever, would we care to read about it weekly? The fact that mutants who set themselves up as being better than humans can still be outsmarted, depowered, and killed [temporarily] by humans raises questions about mutants' supposed superiority and 'higher' evolutionary ranking. As someone who isn't drinking the Krakoan Kool Aid, I'm very happy to see this approach being taken to [pun intended] humanize our heroes and remind them they're still human, not the invulnerable gods they seem to think they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    Why is everyone saying that Krakoa has been attacked three times and its defense system is bad? The two attacks in this issue were not on the island, but on two separate facilities far away, one in San Francisco, one by New York. It had nothing to do with Krakoa’s defense system or the lack of it.
    Sure, given how much humans hate mutants you need better security for these places too that are related to Krakoa, but it’s not the same when they breached the island and assassinated Xavier. And as someone already pointed out, how can you prevent terrorist attacks on certain random easily accessible places? Because these were on much accessible places than Krakoa.
    The X-Men weren’t ready for defending the island in the first issue, it was a lesson to learn but they’re already working on it, but sure they aren’t ready for defending countless places all over the world all of a sudden either.
    Instead of having endless raves, perhaps every single mutant should be trained to defend themselves and their homeland. Also, with how easily mutant powers can be turned off, every mutant should have their own techno-Witchblade like Forge gave Domino.
    Last edited by nx01a; 12-18-2019 at 06:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'