Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default New Mutants #4 discussion *spoilers*

X-Force and this book are doing their best to paint Sage as the most incompetent person in Krakoa. Doug pls come back (and Hickman. And the actual New Mutants).

Angel, Beak, Glob, Maxine, Manon and the kids all get locked up in the basement without food as hostages. Armor gets brought to the house so the new villain can explain his backstory to her ("something something evil big pharma corporations ruined my country and now I want some part of that too"). They also want to send Hisako to Krakoa so she can bring some Krakoan drugs for them.

After the guards finally bring them food, Angel manipulates them into removing her power dampener so she can eat, and by doing so she frees the rest of the mutants by dissolving their collars.

Angel destroys all their power dampeners, and Maxine and Manon prove they are still creepy as ever by turning the guards after each other instead of just neutralizing them.

Aaand this arc is still lasting for another issue since the cliffhanger is Boom Boom arriving in the farm (while drinking a bottle of booze).

4/10. When will my husband Sunspot return from war...
    Last edited by nandes; 12-18-2019 at 05:06 PM.

BANNED

It’s lasting for two more issues lol (#6 and #8).

BANNED

Sage was perfect in this. Why should she entertain any of these buffoons. If anything Im surprised she implied BoomBoom changes underwear frequently. Or even wear any. She was showing incredible restraint.

I really dont care about about anybody here, only Tabitha.
    Whilst reading this, I feel like I'm looking at my watch wondering when Sunspot and Moonstar are coming back to the pages.

They should have let Hickman finish his story first.

Brisson side story is meh.

This was sooo boring.

I'm really bothered by Angel Salvadore being a good mummy type of character. Between her and Beak they could have used this to give us some nice anti-Krakoan points of view but nah inhibitor collars for everyone, even the one whose only power is having a beak.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It’s lasting for two more issues lol (#6 and #8).
    WHAT?! HOW?!

This is Sage looking at her panels all day

So they follow mutants on a website. And these bad guys from Latin America decided they want to go to Nebraska to hold Beak and Angel hostage to get free medicine and sell it for profit.

Can anyone explain to me why Glob didn't just die when they put the collar on him? Or at least revert to a normal appearance? This just looks goofy.

BANNED

This plot is interesting insight in how the medecine is distributed. It sucks that it interrupted the flow of the best XBook but its an interesting story, villain and BoomBoom/Pixie/Sage <3

Yes Maxine and Manon act like evil little sh-ts!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    This was sooo boring.

I'm really bothered by Angel Salvadore being a good mummy type of character. Between her and Beak they could have used this to give us some nice anti-Krakoan points of view but nah inhibitor collars for everyone, even the one whose only power is having a beak.
    Why would you want any anti-Krakoan point?X-men leaving Xavier intial dream of co-existence isn't enough?

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    They should have let Hickman finish his story first.

Brisson side story is meh.
    I guess Hickman himself wanted new mutant/space story to catch up with his X-men.
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 12-18-2019 at 09:57 AM.

Maxine and Manon >>>

They were the best part of the issue.

French twins being conniving a-holes is good actually. Also if we’re just gonna ignore M-Day, can we PLEASE get Prodigy back?