Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I thought it was a very solid first issue. The new boss is a total ******* and makes you actually sympathetic for the murderers he’s in charge of. I love that this book is trying to get back to what helped to make the Ostrander run so classic. The characters are expendable so anyone (besides Harley and Deadshot of course) could die at any moment. Hopefully like the 80s Squad and Gail’s Secret Six we’ll see a seldom used or even formerly laughable villain become a fan favorite.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Anyone else here reading COPRA from Image and if so what do you think about it? For me its a Hommage to 80s SS not a total rip-off

I loved it. Taylor even made HQ tolerable. The concepts, dialog and art were awesome. Tom Taylor rules.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

I'm pretty sure I haven't enjoyed the SS this much since Ostrander's days--and I can't remember the last time a comic hooked me so well from the first issue launch. Great, interesting characters--and I'm borderline shocked that Harley didn't actually annoy me. (Not a HQ fan...)

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Sounds ok, but if they really wanted to hook me in, kill off Harley.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JLH View Post
    I'm pretty sure I haven't enjoyed the SS this much since Ostrander's days--and I can't remember the last time a comic hooked me so well from the first issue launch. Great, interesting characters--and I'm borderline shocked that Harley didn't actually annoy me. (Not a HQ fan...)
    After DCeased I'm sure if I should pay for Taylor's SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    I have my usual question: how much do I need to know about the previous continuity to follow the new iteration? I've never read any Suicide Squad, nor seen the movie, but I really enjoyed Taylor's Injustice, particularly his characterization of Harley, a character I'd previously had no particular opinion about. Should I pick this up?
    If you know nothing about previous continuity, why not read the John Ostrander run? It will almost certainly be much more enjoyable than this current one.