Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well, it's also an industry based on highly subjective material. As Stan the man put it, it's about what YOU think is good, but no matter what you like you won't get a consensus. The question is what sells the most books. But the bean counters have to guess based on speculation since they can't see how popular an idea will be ahead of time.
    The rationale must go beyond sales. The artist I'm talking about is a HUGE draw and has a very large fanbase. When this person draws a comic, it is usually a top 10 comic book.

So it's weird that DC has been weird about their interest to draw the book.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Correct. But please note that I said "talented writer." No disrespect to Mr. Orlando, but I'm not really a big fan of his writing for what I see as some sociopolitical problematics. I also have some technical problems with this writing in terms of plotting, pacing, dialogue, etc.

I get it. To each his/her own.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

The rationale must go beyond sales. The artist I'm talking about is a HUGE draw and has a very large fanbase. When this person draws a comic, it is usually a top 10 comic book.

Now you've got me intrigued. I'd like to know who this artist is. Maybe we could start requesting that DC gives him/her a shot at this book.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I read a comment from Orlando the other day where he mentioned his "first 12 issues" so that leads me to believe he's on this book for an extended period of time.
    Cool deal, will at least give it a chance. Thanks!

well, it's a speculative thing. And yes, probably highly biased. I don't think they actually use metrics and stuff.

I was pretty bored. For a moment, I forgot that the current storyline was about the Cheetah, so when I saw the cover I was kind of intrigued. It looked like another 1 shot and I've been a fan of Orlando's more episodic work, but...eh...I just don't see any creative passion in this. I was worried that this Silent whatever was going to be a villain and have Cheetah job to increase this character's rep, but at least that didn't happen.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I was pretty bored. For a moment, I forgot that the current storyline was about the Cheetah, so when I saw the cover I was kind of intrigued. It looked like another 1 shot and I've been a fan of Orlando's more episodic work, but...eh...I just don't see any creative passion in this. I was worried that this Silent whatever was going to be a villain and have Cheetah job to increase this character's rep, but at least that didn't happen.
    If year of the villain wasn't so poorly done, as far as wondie verse goes. I think things would be better. But gww left this event unfinished, and Orlando has to work with what he has. I like that Diana doesn't feel like an outsider in her own book anymore. And that Cheetah is far more competent now than during gww run. I just hope Orlando can finish this year of the villain mess fast. So we can move on to better things.