Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    I've stopped collecting the WONDER WOMAN comic book because I've grown weary of the sub-par art and the mediocre storytelling, not to mention what I see as some problematic sociopolitical undertones of a book that should be giving readers the opposite upholding the status quo. Though, to be fair, GWW did try to wrestle with those built-in problematics, and JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK is really serving up some of the best Wonder Woman stories of the last couple of years at least. Truth is, I've never gotten over the nobodaddy/Zeus is your father patriarchal yuckiness (and I never will) that was offered up because DC wants WW to be "safe" for the kind of guys who are intimidated by feminist praxis.

In any event, I'm pretty much checked out until HISTORIA because Kelly Sue Deconnick's intersectional feminist approach to the medium is phenomenal (her B*TCH PLANET is a testament to that) and Phil Jimenez is a BRILLIANT artist.

But the main book? Hard pass.
    KSD has a WW story in Giant Size 2 that went on sale this past Wed (if you're interested)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    KSD has a WW story in Giant Size 2 that went on sale this past Wed (if you're interested)
    Oh wow. Thank you!
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    I think you would enjoy the art in the current issue. I feel that it was beautiful, fluid, and overall quite solid.
    This art?

It's alright. Not my particular taste, however.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Oh wow. Thank you!
    Humblest apologies - Amanda Conner, not KSD
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

This art?

Yes, that art.
    I loved it.

This art?

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    Yes, that art.
    I loved it.
    It looked significantly better than issue #82, for sure, however I still don't like the art either. Again, it's not bad at all—after all I know artists like Mark Bagley, John Romita Jr., and Frank Quietly are disvisive. I used to dislike Bagley and JRJR a lot, but came to like them.

With that said, I really think Wonder Woman has been getting cheated out of a good artist. Her book really lacks the star power, and consistency, that the other two members of the trinity get. Her solo book should have an artist of a higher caliber.

Spectacular Member

Wonder woman need Jason Fabok as her main artist

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manakel View Post

How that would be AMAZING!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

That would be dope.

What I really want is a talented writer and talented artist who actually want to work on WONDER WOMAN, rather than just being assigned to write WONDER WOMAN, giving the obligatory "I didn't really get the character at first, but I found an angle that makes her more palpable to me" interview.

A pretty big name (like, super-sought-after big name) comic book artist actually told me that he wants to draw WONDER WOMAN. But there are a lot of politics involved in the selection of creative teams at DC and Marvel that I was not aware of. I always thought if you were talented and expressed interest, you would eventually get to work on the books you want to work on. But apparently, that's not how it works.
    Last edited by SonOfBaldwin; 12-22-2019 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    It looked significantly better than issue #82, for sure, however I still don't like the art either. Again, it's not bad at all—after all I know artists like Mark Bagley, John Romita Jr., and Frank Quietly are disvisive. I used to dislike Bagley and JRJR a lot, but came to like them.

With that said, I really think Wonder Woman has been getting cheated out of a good artist. Her book really lacks the star power, and consistency, that the other two members of the trinity get. Her solo book should have an artist of a higher caliber.
    I really, really loved Nicola Scott's art on the book. Every page was a masterpiece and you could tell that every panel was made with love.

What I really want is a talented writer and talented artist who actually want to work on WONDER WOMAN, rather than just being assigned to write WONDER WOMAN, giving the obligatory "I didn't really get the character at first, but I found an angle that makes her more palpable to me" interview.

A pretty big name (like, super-sought-after big name) comic book artist actually told me that he wants to draw WONDER WOMAN. But there are a lot of politics involved in the selection of creative teams at DC and Marvel that I was not aware of. I always thought if you were talented and expressed interest, you would eventually get to work on the books you want to work on. But apparently, that's not how it works.
    Yeah, it's so obvious there's some political game involved when it comes to who writes and draws the books, and I don't mean the standard industry process.

I really, really loved Nicola Scott's art on the book. Every page was a masterpiece and you could tell that every panel was made with love.

That is good art, and what makes it for me is the paneling. It conveys a story and a scene really well. These recent issues lack so many panels that the visual scenes are all so compressed, it removes so much of the story on a visual level. It sucks.

Fabok would be great, but I'd also take David Marquez.

Yeah, it's so obvious there's some political game involved when it comes to who writes and draws the books, and I don't mean the standard industry process.
    Well, it's also an industry based on highly subjective material. As Stan the man put it, it's about what YOU think is good, but no matter what you like you won't get a consensus. The question is what sells the most books. But the bean counters have to guess based on speculation since they can't see how popular an idea will be ahead of time.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

That would be dope.

I think Steve Orlando is a writer that wants to work on Wonder Woman. I don't think he feels he got "stuck" with the book by any means. For quite a while he's talked about how much he loves the character and wants to build her up. Evidence of this is using MIA characters like Mayfly, Tezcatlipoca, Queen Atomia, & Paula Von Gunther. He's also brought back the Invisible Jet in a big way. Diana comes across as compassionate and confident and not arrogant or overly violent. I'd say he's done his homework and is putting in his best effort so far.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I think Steve Orlando is a writer that wants to work on Wonder Woman. I don't think he feels he got "stuck" with the book by any means. For quite a while he's talked about how much he loves the character and wants to build her up. Evidence of this is using MIA characters like Mayfly, Tezcatlipoca, Queen Atomia, & Paula Von Gunther. He's also brought back the Invisible Jet in a big way. Diana comes across as compassionate and confident and not arrogant or overly violent. I'd say he's done his homework and is putting in his best effort so far.
    Correct. But please note that I said "talented writer." No disrespect to Mr. Orlando, but I'm not really a big fan of his writing for what I see as some sociopolitical problematics. I also have some technical problems with this writing in terms of plotting, pacing, dialogue, etc.
    Last edited by SonOfBaldwin; 12-23-2019 at 08:22 AM.

Fabok would be great, but I'd also take David Marquez.
    David Marquez would be AWESOME!