Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    Do they explicitly include New52 Superman in that? Do they explictly exclude him? Is there a picture of one with the right look where it could be him?
    Yes, new52 superman and his world split to preserve him. Everytime reality warping event affects a superman,The meta verse creates a duplicate earth to preserve superman. New52 is called earth52.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I’ve always said, if Clark wanted to give up his civilian life, he should of faked his death or something.
    He actually did something like that briefly in a New52 arc (It may have only been one issue). "Clark Kent" died in an accident, but Superman carried on and took on a new civilian persona (with a different name, etc.). Eventually, he comes to regret it, but realizes he can't go back to his old life in a conventional way, because his friends at the newspaper have all held a funeral and grieved and there wouldn't have really been a good way to explain it without recriminations.

Eventually, some sort of an out presents itself where another powerful character (I can't remember who) offers him a chance to go back in time and not kill off the Clark persona, or wipes and replaces the key people's memories of Clark's "death" with Clark not dying and doing generic Clark stuff, so Superman can just step back in there and resume his old life.

This predated and was completely separate from the Truth arc where Lois outed his secret identity to the world.
    Last edited by SuperCrab; 12-20-2019 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yes, new52 superman and his world split to preserve him. Everytime reality warping event affects a superman,The meta verse creates a duplicate earth to preserve superman. New52 is called earth52.
    That's awesome!!! Superman lives!!! Now we just need someone at DC Comics to approve a book about Earth 52's Superman...

That's awesome!!! Superman lives!!! Now we just need someone to approve a book about Earth 52's Superman...
    I doubt that will happen but,hey! Anything is possible. Also, in main-universe new52 ended with clark taking on superboy costume, saving ma and pa from death.

Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-20-2019 at 12:17 AM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

That's awesome!!! Superman lives!!! Now we just need someone at DC Comics to approve a book about Earth 52's Superman...
    I knew you'd get a kick out of that panel when I read it. Christmas came a little early for you, SuperCrab.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I doubt that will happen but,hey! Anything is possible. Also, in main-universe new52 ended with clark taking on superboy costume, saving ma and pa from death.

Not gonna lie, I'm not too fond of the fact that Earth-52's Supes is the only unsmilling one. But I'm so thrilled for him to be there, alive and kicking that it's really a minor bother !

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Not gonna lie, I'm not too fond of the fact that Earth-52's Supes is the only unsmilling one. But I'm so thrilled for him to be there, alive and kicking that it's really a minor bother !
    He is smiling but in authoritative sort of way. Hey! Geoff johns is a Donner fanboy. He doesn't get any other superman. So, you can't expect him to write new52 or any other superman in good way.Although he did write that decent goldenage superman in ac#1000. But, Even that was just a short story.Even that had problems.

Unlikely. But if will be, the life of the New 52 Superman from Earth 52 will be identical to that the New 52 Superman from Earth 0. Married and has a son Jon Almost no one liked the old version of New 52 Superman, and so DC decided to remove him and later change his history, which became more popular.
    Last edited by _Beautiful_Temptress_; 12-20-2019 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by _Beautiful_Temptress_ View Post
    Unlikely. But if will be, the life of the New 52 Superman from Earth 52 will be identical to that the New 52 Superman from Earth 0. Married and has a son Jon Almost no one liked the old version of New 52 Superman, and so DC decided to remove him and later change his history, which became more popular.
    You do realize that the whole point of those panels is to state that, yes, there is actually a real Champion of the Oppressed, truly in love with the Goddess of War, out there in the Multiverse, right ? Not more of the Superdad and Lois Bore with their perfect little Privileged Life. WHich is already changing, thanks to Bendis who is actually making something interesting out of this premise.

Here we go again. The stupid shipping wars. Here is a great idea, nobody cares who superman dates as long as he helps people. This is about Doomsday clock.New52 superman has his fair share of fans. He doesn't have to be turned into superdad. If dc decides to publish something it can and has all the reasons to succeed.
    Vice versa, superman and lois have been fighting for truth and against prejudice before you or me existed. So, calling the 'characters' privileged is not appropriate. In a way, everyone is privileged. They are only human.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I see what Johns did as him doing what we've asked DC to do for years now: Give every previous continuity their own universe. Now the question remains: Will they stick with this? DC has this bad habit of everyone who comes after ignoring what was done before or trying to undo it. I'm so grateful for Earth 1985 but I can't pretend anything will come of it or that some editor five years from now won't decide to just undo it because he thinks it's stupid or has a "better" idea in mind. Everyone wants the version they grew up with. Ten years from now the DCAU might be the "official" DCU just because whoever is in charge grew up with that version. And everything else will be jettisoned because they think it's stupid. It's DC's instability that worries me.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Lol that’s Frank for ya.
    No it won’t. It’s New 52 Superman who has the Morrison origin who dates Diana the Goddess of War, and that’s fine. It’s out there just like how the t-shirt and jeans Superman from Sideways is out there. That incarnation out there existing doesn’t “ruin” E0 Superman who is married to Lois and has living Kents and a son. They can both coexist now.

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Kind of presumptuous and somewhat condescending of you to claim such a thing, ain't it?
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

Isn't it kind of petty if there are countlessly many Earths in the DCU and we can't even let one we don't like exist in the background?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Speak for yourself.

It had plenty of fans and plenty of haters. Same with Rebirth. Basically, all of these linewide relaunches get fans of the versions being replaced to throw temper tantrums, but overall they accomplish their goal of getting attention and a sales boost even if it just a temporary measure despite noises from displeased fans. New 52 and Rebirth are effectively the same, 5G will likely be as well, and whatever comes around further down the line will likely be the same.