Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Cyclops was one of the original X-Men, and Havok was introduced as his brother. Havok never took off. He does have weaknesses. He cannot fly, he has not invulnerable, cannot survive space, etc.
    Those aren't weaknesses. No more than 'he isn't immortal,' or 'he can't regenerate' aren't 'weaknesses,' it just means that he doesn't have *every* power...

Captain Marvel is a much more powerful energy blaster. She can fly through space, superhumanly strong and fast, invulnerable, plus her cosmic energy powers and absorption.
    And she almost proves my point, being really powerful, and kind of dull.

Look at what even plain Jean Grey can do. Way more powerful than Havok, not counting when she's Phoenix.
    Also not Scott's brother with an identical 'glass cannon' powerset, so less useful as a point of comparison, which was 'very similar characters.'

The Summers dudes are almost a perfect example. Scott, weakest overall, most successful and popular of the three. Vulcan, awesomely powerful, lame as hell. The last Rasputin brother, Mikhail seems like another example. Vastly more powerful than his much more popular and successful siblings. That Braddock reality warper? Most powerful. Least storytime of the three. While being more powerful, or even cosmically powerful, does not guarantee that a character will be boring (or have to be written like a chump consistently to prevent them from overshadowing co-stars or annhilating plots), it does seem that there is a spot where it becomes harder to write meaningful stories for them (certainly not impossible, as decades of stories about Thor, the Silver Surfer or Dr. Strange have shown, but challenging, especially when they are supposed to interact regularly with things that are challenging to a team of people with a *single* mutant power that might not have the ability to do everything.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    If there was a post DG revival, it was done by Xavier as has been mentioned for all the other resurrections save his own in X-Force by Jean. Thats not likely though bc he was a psychopath and the trauma not not dying but living in a horrible state for years is what drove him insane
    Unless Vulcan was revived or returned from the Fault he was in after his battle with Black Bolt, the only telepaths who could of scanned him using Cerebro during Deadly Genesis (and not knowing the true depth of the scans) would have been Rachel or Emma as Xavier was depowered post Decimation and did not get his powers back until the end of RAFTOSE and he was back on Earth and Vulcan in space. So this Vulcan would have been resurrected by Xavier no doubt, but with either only his memories leading into the tragic attempt of his team to save the O5 on Krakoa, or his memories through most of Deadly Genesis since he wasn't on Earth or within range for Cerebro to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Unless Vulcan was revived or returned from the Fault he was in after his battle with Black Bolt, the only telepaths who could of scanned him using Cerebro during Deadly Genesis (and not knowing the true depth of the scans) would have been Rachel or Emma as Xavier was depowered post Decimation and did not get his powers back until the end of RAFTOSE and he was back on Earth and Vulcan in space. So this Vulcan would have been resurrected by Xavier no doubt, but with either only his memories leading into the tragic attempt of his team to save the O5 on Krakoa, or his memories through most of Deadly Genesis since he wasn't on Earth or within range for Cerebro to work.
    You keep saying that but thats not how Cerebro and these resurrections work. His memories were stored in Cerebro during DG. Emma and Rachel arent needed to restore those memories bc they scanned him as his memories arent stored in their head. No doubt he was out of range while in space, but the last recorded backup of him would have been before he left Earth and that may have been done unintentionally by Rachel and Emma but its stored in the Cerebro mind database and accessible to Xavier
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-23-2019 at 08:41 AM.

Incredible Member

That team would be a great x men lineup...as long as this version of Vulcan didn’t kill banshee.

I'd be totally good with the return of Petra & Sway, would love to see what other writers, especially Hickman, might do with those characters.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Maybe they'll be in Moira's book.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You keep saying that but thats not how Cerebro and these resurrections work. His memories were stored in Cerebro during DG. Emma and Rachel arent needed to restore those memories bc they scanned him as his memories arent stored in their head. No doubt he was out of range while in space, but the last recorded backup of him would have been before he left Earth and that may have been done unintentionally by Rachel and Emma but its stored in the Cerebro mind database and accessible to Xavier
    I think I misunderstood your point as I thought you were saying Xavier made scans post Deadly Genesis, which we both know didn't happen. I'm fully aware how the resurrections work just read your statement wrongly.

Sway doesn't sound like the kind of codename they'd give someone back in those days. but i would love to see more of her.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    they did Darwin dirty
    Darwin isn't dead. I always liked him, don't like him being in Limbo for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Darwin isn't dead. I always liked him, don't like him being in Limbo for so long.
    i know he's not dead (i read X-factor). i'm saying that they underutilized him. he's kind of important as one of Xavier's other students.