Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 430
  1. #361
    Astonishing Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    3,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Thanks! Yeah, I added those descriptors because I figured not everyone would be familiar with the A.B.C. Warriors. (they're a Brit comic published in 2000AD and have had some tpbs of their own)
    Well you really nailed the spirit of each character swap, and the side by side comparison pics really went towards locking it down. I love that type of presentation!

    EDIT: Working on a build right now, and going to try your patented side by side, even though it always kicks my butt when i do!
    Last edited by Riv86672; 09-16-2020 at 11:52 AM.

  2. #362
    Astonishing Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    3,127

    Default

    Man j9ac9k, i will never do your style on a regular basis!
    It was fun, though. Wanted to see if I could do a US version of the original Excalibur line up for the heck of it...:


    GENERAL GLORY- Why him?
    He’s usually drawn very muscly, he’s the superpowered living embodiment of his Country, and, he has a Military rank in his name.

    YELLOW PERI - Why her?
    She’s a bright, upbeat, pretty blonde w. magical abilities.

    KID DEVIL - Why him?
    He’s an acrobatic demonically handsome action guy.

    GYPSY - Why her?
    She was introduced as a naive young girl w. a low key power and evolved into a highly trained butt kicking operative.

    NIGHTFIRE - Why her?
    She’s the daughter of one of comics’ most well known couples from an alternate future timeline.

  3. #363
    Extraordinary Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,054

    Default

    Hey - "American Excalibur" is a fun idea - well done!(especially the deep dive for Nightfire - totally fits!) I've never even heard of Yellow Peri - sounds like a great analogue for Meghan. Where's she from?

    I'm hoping to do another build, just waiting for inspiration...

  4. #364
    Astonishing Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    3,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Hey - "American Excalibur" is a fun idea - well done!(especially the deep dive for Nightfire - totally fits!) I've never even heard of Yellow Peri - sounds like a great analogue for Meghan. Where's she from?

    I'm hoping to do another build, just waiting for inspiration...
    Thanks, j9ac9k! Glad you liked it.
    Nightfire was a lucky find. I wasn’t going to finish this build, but she really helped bring things together and matched up well.

    Yellow Peri is a character from the 80s Superboy comic.

    She’s pretty much been ignored for going on 40 years now, but I’ve always liked the concept.

  5. #365

  6. #366
    Astonishing Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    3,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    DC's Big Hero 6:
    That turned out as such a wickedly bizarre line up. I LOVE IT!!!

  7. #367
    Astonishing Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    3,127

    Default

    Wanted to see what Scrooge McDuck’s rogues gallery might look like as DC characters.
    I didn’t get them all, but I managed quite a few...:






  8. #368
    Extraordinary Member Güicho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Wanted to see what Scrooge McDuck’s rogues gallery might look like as DC characters.
    I didn’t get them all, but I managed quite a few...:

    https://i.ibb.co/fdWxX6f/9-B486-AE9-...6-E83-A251.jpg



    What the Duck! That's fantastic. You went deeper into Duckburg lore than I imagined possible?
    You have to do the heroes, if old man Wayne is Scrooge, Dick becomes Donald? - does that make the later adopted Robins his progeny?

    Hyue The smart one? - Tim
    Dewey the guts? - Jason
    Louie the Evil one? - Damian
    Webby, the ah, girl one? - Stephanie

    Also Don Kanard?

    Is that a hybrid of
    Saint Canard (a place?)
    And Don Karnage? (My absolute favorite Disney Villain!

    Who (you won't find it mentioned on any wiki, or Disney reference guide), is completely taken from the over-the-top character; His Excellency Captain Esteban from Zorro the gay blade, as performed by Ron Leibman, and goes criminally un-cited to this day- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dFuYWIw5A4

    Also, if you're invoking TaleSpin, you have got to do the entire crew of the SeaDuck & all the Sky Pirates.
    Don't leave us hanging. :-)
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-24-2020 at 06:39 PM.

  9. #369
    Astonishing Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    3,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    What the Duck! That's fantastic. You went deeper into Duckburg lore than I imagined possible?
    You have to do the heroes, if old man Wayne is Scrooge, Dick becomes Donald? - does that make the later adopted Robins his progeny?

    Hyue The smart one? - Tim
    Dewey the guts? - Jason
    Louie the Evil one? - Damian
    Webby, the ah, girl one? - Stephanie

    Also Don Kanard?

    Is that a hybrid of
    Saint Canard (a place?)
    And Don Karnage? (My absolute favorite Disney Villain!

    Who (you won't find it mentioned on any wiki, or Disney reference guide), is completely taken from the over-the-top character; His Excellency Captain Esteban from Zorro the gay blade, as performed by Ron Leibman, and goes criminally incited to this day- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dFuYWIw5A4

    Also, if you're invoking TaleSpin, you have got to do the entire crew of the SeaDuck & all the Sky Pirates.
    Don't leave us hanging. :-)
    ACK! I misspelled KARNAGE! sorry about that!
    Glad you liked it, and i love the idea of old man Bruce as Scrooge, and Steph as Webby is gold!

    If Dick is Donald, then is Barbara Della? Alfred as Duckworth!
    We need a third Robin, though...

  10. #370
    Extraordinary Member Güicho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

    If Dick is Donald, then is Barbara Della? Alfred as Duckworth!
    LOL Duckworth the Dog butler, so bizarre. Yeah he absolutely is Alfred, to Scrooge's Wayne.
    There was even an aunt Harriet Cooper analog in Bentina Beakley.


    Della? I'm not entirely caught up with the new show yet.
    So it only took them some 80+ years to finally flesh out and officially explain this character?
    I really like who they came up with, and how the show got to play and build it as a mystery.

    Della as Barbara?
    Yeah once you've centered on Scrooge as Wayne, which fits great, expanding out relationship(wise) it gets wonky, still as far as the role, she fits perfectly
    Another way to go was the more one-to-one Batman/ Darkwing cast and spiral out form there, not sure where that lands you?
    Although in this line-up, Darkwing can fill the Crimson Avenger role, with Launchpad as Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    We need a third Robin, though...
    I stopped counting and distinguishing "new" Robins about a decade ago, is there another? Or is there another Duck nephew I'm also not aware of?
    This task you've embarked us on, is a very imprecise and chaotic science. It could all just blow up any minute!
    Also runs roughshod over the previous Three Caballeros analogs

    Some of my favorite lines from that show:

    Webby (meeting the triplets): So who is the evil triplet?
    Huey & Dewey: (Point directly at Louie
    Louie: Ehh, (shrugs, doesn't deny it).

    Scrooge [can't bother to remember their individual names]: I am not lumping you all together.
    Huey: Oh really, Which triplet am I?
    Scrooge (looks at shirt): Ahh, ...Bluey?
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-25-2020 at 06:46 AM.

  11. #371
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    5,709

    Default

    Threat based Groups
    Extraterrestrial Threat Exterminators - Starfire - Green Lantern Corps - Superman - Supergirl
    Extradimensional Threat Eliminators - Power Girl - Jay Garrick - Helena Wayne - Alan Scott - Val Zod
    Supernatural Threat Subduers - Zatanna - Constantine - Deadman - Andrew Bennett - Batwoman
    Deific Threat Defenders - Wonder Woman - Artemis - Donna Troy - Cassie Sandsmark - Mister Miracle - Big Barda
    Temporal Threat Terminators - Barry Allen - Booster Gold - Wally West - Bart Allen - Rip Hunter
    Natural Threat Neutralizers - Swamp Thing - Poison Ivy - Vixen - Animal Man - Beast Boy
    Scientific Threat Sanitizers - Ryan Choi - Ray Palmer - Mr. Terrific
    Marine Threat Mystifiers - Aquaman - Tula - Garth - Mera - Dolphin - Jackson Hyde
    International Threat Inhibitors - Fire - Ice - August General in Iron - Ted Kord
    Underworld Threat Underminers - Red Hood - Bizarro - Killer Croc - Roy Harper - Catwoman
    Assassination Threat Averters - Damian Wayne - Katana - Cassandra Cain - Emiko Queen
    Cyberworld Threat Cleaners - Cyborg - Oracle - Spoiler
    Psychological Threat Protectors - Batman - Harley Quinn
    City Threat Conquerors - Red Robin - Oliver Queen - Connor Hawke
    Espionage Threat Enders - Dick Grayson - Helena Bertinelli - Max Lord - Grifter
    Psychic Threat Preventers - Lilith - Martian Manhunter - Miss Martian - Raven
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 09-25-2020 at 06:49 AM.

  12. #372
    Extraordinary Member Güicho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Threat based Groups
    ...
    Psychological Threat Protectors - Batman - Harley Quinn
    Protectors? These two damaged psyches?

  13. #373
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    5,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Protectors? These two damaged psyches?
    Look, when all you have is a hammer...

    I welcome the addition of a good DC psychiatrist superhero. I just don't know any.

    Wait... I just remember... Lilith is one right? I'm gonna switch her to this

  14. #374
    Extraordinary Member Güicho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Look, when all you have is a hammer...

    I welcome the addition of a good DC psychiatrist superhero. I just don't know any.

    Wait... I just remember... Lilith is one right? I'm gonna switch her to this
    You've actually assembled a pretty great field division list. It'd be interesting to see the entire DCU compelled to function that way for an arc.
    If the DCU pantheon was somewhat run as a massive military or planed strategic defense org, it would likley be broken down into the divisions you indicate.
    Or at minimum the naturall cliques everyone would group into on their cafeteria lunch breaks.
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-25-2020 at 07:49 AM.

  15. #375
    Astonishing Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    3,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    LOL Duckworth the Dog butler, so bizarre. Yeah he absolutely is Alfred, to Scrooge's Wayne.
    There was even an aunt Harriet Cooper analog in Bentina Beakley.


    Della? I'm not entirely caught up with the new show yet.
    So it only took them some 80+ years to finally flesh out and officially explain this character?
    I really like who they came up with, and how the show got to play and build it as a mystery.

    Della as Barbara?
    Yeah once you've centered on Scrooge as Wayne, which fits great, expanding out relationship(wise) it gets wonky, still as far as the role, she fits perfectly
    Another way to go was the more one-to-one Batman/ Darkwing cast and spiral out form there, not sure where that lands you?
    Although in this line-up, Darkwing can fill the Crimson Avenger role, with Launchpad as Wing?


    I stopped counting and distinguishing "new" Robins about a decade ago, is there another? Or is there another Duck nephew I'm also not aware of?
    This task you've embarked us on, is a very imprecise and chaotic science. It could all just blow up any minute!
    Also runs roughshod over the previous Three Caballeros analogs

    Some of my favorite lines from that show:
    While it seemed like a fun idea, reading your post really shows what a nightmare it’d be to do!

    Also, you need to binge the 2017 reboot Ducktales. It’s pretty damn fun!

    Also ALSO...

    Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Or at minimum the naturall cliques everyone would group into on their cafeteria lunch breaks.
    ...this made me laugh out loud, because it’s prob. exactly what would happen!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •