Page 122 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2028

Quote Originally Posted by Icefan View Post
    Making their headquarters in the Nashville Parthenon, Tennessee's team is modeled after the original six Olympians, they are...

The New Olympians

Black Lightning "Jefferson Pierce"(Zeus)
    Faith (Hera)
    Aquaman "Arthur Joseph Curry" (Poseidon)
    Sprout "Tefé Holland" (Demeter)
    Jason Blood (Hades)
    Fever "Shyleen Lao" (Hestia)
    ^^^Jason Blood as Hades is an awesome choice!

DC’s Champions of Los Angeles (based on the seventies Marvel team) were already pretty much protecting all things California. The Initiative Program just made it official…:

VARTOX (Hercules)
    Lots of Herc parallels here. Vartox is the MANLIEST of manly men. He has AWESOME facial hair. Awesome CHEST hair. A revealing costume. All women WANT him. All men want to BE him. This ruggedly handsome powerhouse LIVES for heroic battle, the better to prove how MANLY he is.

LADY BLACKHAWK (Black Widow)
    Wearing black leather and sporting a pair of .45s, Zinda Blake is not the woman to mess with. She can pilot anything that flies (to include Vartox’s space yacht, currently moored a few hundred feet above Venice Beach), and order beer in 30 languages. In her spare time she tests experimental planes at Ferris Aircraft, mostly for fun.

THE WONDER TWINS (Angel and Iceman)
    A young dynamic duo here, enjoying the Hell out of L.A., where they’ve become social media darlings slash celebrities slash influencers. Zan can turn into water in all of its states, to include ice. Jayna can assume any animal form, with or without wings.

BLUE DEVIL (Ghost Rider)
    Johnny Blaze was a motorcycle stunt rider before going demonic, and Dan Cassidy was a Hollywood stuntman, who’s now back in L.A. lending his expertise to many of the major studios as a consultant.

MICRON (Black Goliath)
    A late addition to the team, Micron nevertheless makes an immediate impact. This size changing hero is from a Future’s End reality, but he’s not the first DC character to be lost in time and space. The Champions aren’t like the team he’s used to, but they’re growing on him, no pun intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    DC’s Champions of Los Angeles (based on the seventies Marvel team) were already pretty much protecting all things California. The Initiative Program just made it official…:

VARTOX (Hercules)
    Lots of Herc parallels here. Vartox is the MANLIEST of manly men. He has AWESOME facial hair. Awesome CHEST hair. A revealing costume. All women WANT him. All men want to BE him. This ruggedly handsome powerhouse LIVES for heroic battle, the better to prove how MANLY he is.

LADY BLACKHAWK (Black Widow)
    Wearing black leather and sporting a pair of .45s, Zinda Blake is not the woman to mess with. She can pilot anything that flies (to include Vartox’s space yacht, currently moored a few hundred feet above Venice Beach), and order beer in 30 languages. In her spare time she tests experimental planes at Ferris Aircraft, mostly for fun.

THE WONDER TWINS (Angel and Iceman)
    A young dynamic duo here, enjoying the Hell out of L.A., where they’ve become social media darlings slash celebrities slash influencers. Zan can turn into water in all of its states, to include ice. Jayna can assume any animal form, with or without wings.

BLUE DEVIL (Ghost Rider)
    Johnny Blaze was a motorcycle stunt rider before going demonic, and Dan Cassidy was a Hollywood stuntman, who’s now back in L.A. lending his expertise to many of the major studios as a consultant.

MICRON (Black Goliath)
    A late addition to the team, Micron nevertheless makes an immediate impact. This size changing hero is from a Future’s End reality, but he’s not the first DC character to be lost in time and space. The Champions aren’t like the team he’s used to, but they’re growing on him, no pun intended.
    I think I'll just sit back and let you finish this off now loi. you're on fire lately

^^^Jason Blood as Hades is an awesome choice!
    Thanks! I had settled on Faith for the Hera spot, which made me think of Joe Kelly's JL run, and I thought Jason Blood would work well here too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    I think I'll just sit back and let you finish this off now loi. you're on fire lately
    ^^^No, please don’t!
    I wanna see what you come up with!

Quote Originally Posted by Icefan View Post
    Thanks! I had settled on Faith for the Hera spot, which made me think of Joe Kelly's JL run, and I thought Jason Blood would work well here too.
    ^^^That was another good choice; I love that you didn’t use an Amazon.

alright alright, twist my rubber arm lol...

for some reason, I have an inclination to relocate Vibe to Miami and have him recruit a team of Latino heroes to help him protect the state:

Vibe (leader)
    Traci 13 (the team's resident mage)
    Blue Beetle (Jaime, of course, bringing his alien tech along to back up his girlfriend)
    Mirage (illusion-caster with burgeoning psionic abilities)
    Aztek (yes I know the O.G. died fighting The Maggedon or whatever, but with all the subsequent reboots and resets, let's assume he's back somehow)
    Aquagirl (Lorena - probably a good idea to have someone ocean-based here - parts of the state will be submerged soon enough, so they may as well start preparing for it)

for some reason, I have an inclination to relocate Vibe to Miami and have him recruit a team of Latino heroes to help him protect the state:

Vibe (leader)
    Blue Beetle (Jaime, of course, bringing his alien tech along to back up his girlfriend)
    Aztek (yes I know the O.G. died fighting The Maggedon or whatever, but with all the subsequent reboots and resets, let's assume he's back somehow)
    Aquagirl (Lorena - probably a good idea to have someone ocean-based here - parts of the state will be submerged soon enough, so they may as well start preparing for it)
    ^^^And THAT is a winner, Sir!
    Sweet lineup. Florida is covered!

^^^And THAT is a winner, Sir!
    Sweet lineup. Florida is covered!
    thank you as always!

I've decided Plastic Man will head up Rhode Island's team... he'll base them out of Providence and call them The Providents... they'll be a little on the absurd side... a perfect fit for the music scene from that town, which has included two of my personal favourite bands, Six Finger Satellite and Lightning Bolt... but I digress... here's the team:

Plastic Man
    Lady Godiva
    Ambush Bug
    Black Alice
    Creeper
    Ragman

they're all weird, quirky and aloof in their own unique ways... they're all definitely considered annoying in some corners of the hero community... none of them have much of anything in common or much reason to hang out together... and that's perfectly fine with all of them!
    Last edited by Aarkus; 03-30-2024 at 05:55 AM.

Vibe (leader)
    oooohh... make Florida a colony of Atlantis? that could work.

thank you as always!

I've decided Plastic Man will head up Rhode Island's team... he'll base them out of Providence and call them The Providents... they'll be a little on the absurd side... a perfect fit for the music scene from that town, which has included two of my personal favourite bands, Six Finger Satellite and Lightning Bolt... but I digress... here's the team:

Plastic Man
    Lady Godiva
    Ambush Bug
    Black Alice
    Creeper
    Ragman

they're all weird, quirky and aloof in their own unique ways... they're all definitely considered annoying in some corners of the hero community... none of them have much of anything in common or much reason to hang out together... and that's perfectly fine with all of them!
    ^^^It feels like a Rhode Island team if that makes any sense, w. a Great Lakes Avengers vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    oooohh... make Florida a colony of Atlantis? that could work.
    that does seem like a distinct possibility, all things considered

^^^It feels like a Rhode Island team if that makes any sense, w. a Great Lakes Avengers vibe.
    right on, thanks!
    Great Lakes yes, but not so much the overt "are these guys for real?" vibes.... more of a "we liiiiik...mmm respect you, but stay in your own corner, please and thank you" vibe... if that makes sense

right on, thanks!
    Great Lakes yes, but not so much the overt "are these guys for real?" vibes.... more of a "we liiiiik...mmm respect you, but stay in your own corner, please and thank you" vibe... if that makes sense
    ^^^Total sense!
    They’re a powerful team w. combustible attitudes; that has to be respected.

that does seem like a distinct possibility, all things considered
    ^^^We’ve had Sub Diego.
    Are we ready for…Tallaha-Sea?!?

I guess I have 1984 on the brain for some reason...

Gypsy decides to cover Michigan, heads back to JL's old Detroit bunker and invites a handful of her past teammates to form The MC6

Gypsy
    The Ray
    Zatanna
    J'onn J'onzz
    Vixen
    Booster Gold
    (with Skeets in tow)

^^^Total sense!
    They’re a powerful team w. combustible attitudes; that has to be respected.

^^^We’ve had Sub Diego.
    Are we ready for…Tallaha-Sea?!?
    oh no you didn't... lmao