Page 30 of 135 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^lol, that’s clever!
    I agree. I mean, Marvel made a duo off the term "Cloak & Dagger" and they've been around for decades and had a tv show.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I agree. I mean, Marvel made a duo off the term "Cloak & Dagger" and they've been around for decades and had a tv show.
    Heck yeah that’s a great point.

I remember there was a book called Sachs and Violens...now that is a stretch!

Go for it!
    Very well then. Allow me to introduce my revamped version of Conjura and El Dragon.

With some inspiration from the Netflix Castlevania show, these two are a pair of heroes who fight threats of a mystical nature. El Dragon aka Mateo Rivera is a Spanish doctor who underwent an operation that infused him with dragon DNA an attack from an evil sorcerer left him for dead. He fights with two swords to help control his new powers.

Conjura (Gianna Diop) is a recently accomplished sorceress and member of a magic police organization who fights alongside him.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 10-31-2020 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I wonder if a Fire and Ice team up with Cloak and Dagger would have been nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Very well then. Allow me to introduce my revamped version of Conjura and El Dragon.

LOL probably my two favorite untapped peripheral DC creations^
    Confession: that image above, is somewhat my "revamped" version of them.-

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...be-canon/page4

They don't actually appear in a single one of those panel images together. I edited those all to make them appear as duo team (essentially a flipped cloack and dagger), out of the obscure Super Dictionary.
    As well as inserting them in each-others respective panels, I edited the panel made to represent the pillars of Hercules, strait between their ancestral Spain and North Africa.
    I also gave him the twin forked'blade. He doesn't actually carry any sword in the Dictionary.
    Then combined them to somewhat narrate, where she opens a portal in time, to go get him, to fight in the modern world.
    But I'd love to see them catch on as a duo team.

With some inspiration from the Netflix Castlevania show,...
    Now I have to watch Castlevania, if you think it lends itself well...
    I know it's your take just an FYI he is given a name in the Dictionary, as Miguel Rodriguez.
    Not sure if Conjura was given one .
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-31-2020 at 08:16 PM.

With some inspiration from the Netflix Castlevania show, these two are a pair of heroes who fight threats of a mystical nature. El Dragon aka Mateo Rivera is a Spanish doctor who underwent an operation that infused him with dragon DNA an attack from an evil sorcerer left him for dead. He fights with two swords to help control his new powers.

Conjura (Gianna Diop) is a recently accomplished sorceress and member of a magic police organization who fights alongside him.
    Massive deep dive. NICE!

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    LOL probably my two favorite untapped peripheral DC creations^
    Confession: that image above, is somewhat my "revamped" version of them.-

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...be-canon/page4

They don't actually appear in a single one of those panel images together. I edited those all to make them appear as duo team (essentially a flipped clock and dagger), out of the obscure Super Dictionary.
    As well as inserting them in each-others respective panels, I edited the panel made to represent the pillars of Hercules, strait between their ancestral Spain and North Africa.
    I also gave him the twin forked'blade. He doesn't actually carry any sword in the Dictionary.
    Then combined them to somewhat narrate, where she opens a portal in time, to go get him, to fight in the modern world.
    But I'd love to see them catch on as a duo team.

Now I have to watch Castlevania, if you think it lends itself well...
    I know it's your take just an FYI he is given a name in the Dictionary, as Miguel Rodriguez.
    Not sure if Conjura was given one .
    Oh, I didn't know about his name or this was your edit. Sorry, I'd have given you credit if I did. Well, thanks.

Massive deep dive. NICE!
    Agree, along with Lex Luthor's infamous forty cakes crime in the same book, it's hard to find more obscure and bizarre references in the DC legendarium. I really wish they were brought into canon.

Oh, I didn't know about his name or this was your edit. Sorry, I'd have given you credit if I did. Well, thanks.
    LoL full credit where it's due, goes to the wonderfully bizarre minds behind the Super Dictionary, and anyone who remembers it!
    Seeing someone else quote the image (I forget I'd put it out there) somewhat out of context , just want to be clear they were slightly edited, and are not exactly as they were in the book.
    Although I love that there might be a notion out there, they might exist as a team-duo, which was the idea. Now reminds me to drop it into more threads!

Besides the (Conjura)Cloak & Dagger(Dragon) vibe.
    Together they also work aesthetically as bizarre DC analogs based on another couple team-duo:
    -Wanda & Vision. While still being completely their own bizarre thing.

Last edited by Güicho; 11-04-2020 at 01:44 PM.

Hawkwoman (Kendra Munoz) and Owlwoman (Wenona Littlebird)

How about this for a story arc- GL Cops based by way of Spielberg character types.
    Although they've since muddled their once distinctive personality types so much, most might not recognize the parallels.

Space Station Amity is being preyed upon by a once human mutated Shark who swallowed a Sinestro Corps member and it's yellow power ring, as the Station and it's victims are consumed by fear, which now fuels it.
    GL Corps stalwart Hal Jordan is dispatched to monitor and patrol the situation. Although the Guardians maintain the Space Station must remain open, as it's a nexus of universal commerce and diplomacy.
    As the population is preyed upon and consumed by fear, brazen Guy Gardner announces for the glory of the hunt, the accolades, and a possible reward, he'll bring in the Shark. As well as young erudite upstart John Stewart who plans to trap it in a cage, of his own design.... now the three distinct personality types must work together to bring in the creature ....

Stewart as Hooper, Jordan as Brody, Gardner as Quint
    The Shark as the Shark
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-16-2021 at 06:26 AM.

Find myself in a Supernatural state of mind, what w. the series finale and all.

I can see all four Robins in the Sam & Dean roles, albeit at different points.

^^^That could be DC’s Runaways
    Who would you put on DC’s Gifted team?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    who/what are The Gifted?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    haven't seen the show or anything but I think Duke Thomas and his Parents (if they get unjokerized) could fit that sort of central super-family on the run dynamic of the main characters pretty well. I mean they're minus one child, but I could see them being willing to adopt and reform someone like Null from Juvie Arkham to fill the second child's role.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."