Page 70 of 122 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1820

A splinter team of Legionnaires who get together to handle a potentially volatile magical situation that threatens lives across the United Planets.

THUNDER (Wonder Woman)
    She’s bright and optimistic but also a mighty Warrior w. links to/empowered by a Godly Pantheon.

THE WHITE WITCH (Zatanna)
    She’s the Legion’s preeminent magic user, so her being involved is a must.

BLOK (Swamp Thing)
    I’ll admit fudging on this one. I really didn’t want to use Chlorophyll Kid for this build, and yeah, Blok has nothing in common w. Swamp Thing BUT, he is White Witch’s boo (he’d be there to watch her back), and I like them as a couple. So replacing a big green plant guy w. a big grey rock guy.

MONSTER BOY (Detective Chimp)
    You never know what you’re gonna get w. Monster Boy when he transforms which is kinda fun, and he’s actually kind of a smart ass and will step up to pretty much anyone, a lot like Detective Chimp.

HARVEST (Man-Bat)
    After fudging on Swamp Thing I really wanted a winged monster-y looking guy here. Harvest is from the 31st Century and has operated in the 21st Century. He’s got a tragic origin but done some really evil stuff too, so I’m thinking he and the others won’t trust/get along despite having a common cause here.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Nightwing in for Nighthawk? How dare you, sir?
    How Dare I? How dare I sir? I suppose if it matters , The answer is that I am Mad...... yes Mad!!!! Hahahahaha heh hehehe hah hah hah!!!!! But really isn’t the pertinent question.... thee crucial question..,, Whst is this fragile, frantic world supposed to do now???? that’s a puzzler.! ;D heh heh Hahahahah!!! But seriously folks, It very nearly was Batman in for Nighthawk but I just thought how unexplored Cw and Nw is outside of the Bat family and how fun it would be to see them together in an other wise Bat Free team dynamic.
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 04-30-2022 at 10:31 PM.

Astonishing Member

^^^Thats pretty cool, (and, I’ve never tried the New Defenders)!
    Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    How Dare I? How dare I sir? I suppose if it matters , The answer is that I am Mad...... yes Mad!!!! Hahahahaha heh hehehe hah hah hah!!!!! But really isn’t the pertinent question.... thee crucial question..,, Whst is this fragile, frantic world supposed to do now???? that’s a puzzler.! ;D heh heh Hahahahah!!! But seriously folks, It very nearly was Batman in for Nighthawk but I just thought how unexplored Cw and Nw is outside of the Bat family and how fun it would be to see them together in an other wise Bat Free team dynamic.
    ^^LOL! I just meant Nighthawk’s usually counted as President of the C-listers Club, while Nightwing’s one of DC’s most respected good guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    Thank You!
    ^^^De nada!

They were going to be the next generation of heroes, but now they’re just a buncha…

TIM DRAKE
    The handwriting was on the wall when Tim was renamed after a chain restaurant. Then he was made to wear an off brand costume and named after a duck. Say what you will about Jason Todd, at least his death was quick.

CASSIE SANDSMARK
    Yara Flor hadn’t even seen print yet when ppl started bashing Cassie and proclaiming Yara as the one true WG.

CONNER KENT
    Once Jon Kent, who’s already taking the Superman name out for a spin was introduced, it was all over for Conner, as he became instantly…superfluous, no pun intended.

KYLE RAYNER
    Ah, Kyle. He overcame so many hurdles to be seen as a Green Lantern, as THE Green Lantern. Now he’s just lost in the shuffle.

CONNOR HAWKE
    Hard to believe Connor was Green Arrow once, was invited to join the JLA, and singlehandedly saved them all from The Key. Now he’s lucky if he shows up in the occasional MA tournament.

MISS MARTIAN
    I mean, she’s connected to J’onn, the most underrated member of the JLA, who was even retconned to not have been a founding member. If it weren’t for the Young Justice cartoon I don’t think anyone’d remember her.

KORYAK
    Aquaman’s illegitimate son. In the scheme of things he falls somewhere behind A.J., Arthur Curry Jr., Andy Curry, Kaldur, Garth, and prob. even Topo.

BART ALLEN
    He started off as Impulse, made it to Kid Flash, but when Bart got the chance to take the Flash identity, it was a spectacular trainwreck. Now, w. both Barry and Wally as the Flash, and Wallace West as Kid Flash, Bart's never going to get past the Impulse stage.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 05-04-2022 at 11:16 AM.

They were going to be the next generation of heroes, but now they’re just a buncha…

.... sums up how I actually feel about most of those characters! well played

The Nineties called.
    They want their AWESOME back.

Chronos leads a No Star Cast of heroes (Argus, Gunfire, Anima, Aztek, Black Condor and Fate) thirty years into the far off future of 2022 to stop the terrifying Time Trapper from remaking the planet in his twisted image.

For this team, the only thing more dangerous than the bad guy is finding out too much about their own destinies, because let’s face it, none of them are really around any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    .... sums up how I actually feel about most of those characters! well played
    Ty, I wish DC hadn’t made it so easy to come up w. that build!

The Nineties called.
    They want their AWESOME back.

Chronos leads a No Star Cast of heroes (Argus, Gunfire, Anima, Aztek, Black Condor and Fate) thirty years into the far off future of 2022 to stop the terrifying Time Trapper from remaking the planet in his twisted image.

For this team, the only thing more dangerous than the bad guy is finding out too much about their own destinies, because let’s face it, none of them are really around any more.
    if this results in Aztek coming back in some way, I'm all for it. was just re-reading that series.

if this results in Aztek coming back in some way, I'm all for it. was just re-reading that series.
    Man, Aztek got totally dinged back then, didnt he?
    A great look/origin, a whole new City to explore and flesh out. He could’ve easily been DC’s Peter Cannon.

Man, Aztek got totally dinged back then, didnt he?
    A great look/origin, a whole new City to explore and flesh out. He could’ve easily been DC’s Peter Cannon.
    agreed 1000% ... I loved the balance between sci-fi and more fantastical elements from that book - for my money, Morrison walked that line more successfully than a lot of others who have tried to

Blades of Heaven

John Chan/Claw

Courtney Mason/Anima

agreed 1000% ... I loved the balance between sci-fi and more fantastical elements from that book - for my money, Morrison walked that line more successfully than a lot of others who have tried to
    ^^^When Morrison’s on point, he’s a great read, yeah!
    Speaking of Aztek…:

EL DORADO! AZTEK! AZTEK! SERPENTEEN! TEZCATLIPOCA! TEZUMAK!

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Ganthet (Professor X)- Probably the closest in terms of powerset because I believe Ganthet has telepathy powers. They are also in the same boat as "let's take a nice but strict character and turn them into an unforgiving secretive *******" in terms of development.

John Stewart (Cyclops)- Personality and powerset are nothing alike besides being a damn good leader and shooting beams. However, the love triangle is what sets John with Scott along with the following two choices. Main leader.

Katma Tui (Jean Grey)- Nothing like Jean in terms of powerset, however, both are very spunky (more so Kat) and married to the main leader and love them dearly. Also, a leader when the need arrives.

Fatality (Emma Frost)- The villain turned good and falls in love with the main leader. Dresses...um, interesting just like Emma!

Bleez (Wolverine)- Scorned past, ruthless, angry, Good lies beneath their hard-ass personality.

Vril Dox (Beast)- Smart as hell, can be an ******* (Vril more so)
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 05-23-2022 at 06:27 PM.