Page 119 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 2032

they do that with a LOT of bug-themed characters....

Exactly! For example that new girl from the golden age forgotten sidekicks, Ladybug, who is supposed to be the lost sidekick of the Red Bee. Powers? Guess what? C'mon.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Exactly! For example that new girl from the golden age forgotten sidekicks, Ladybug, who is supposed to be the lost sidekick of the Red Bee. Powers? Guess what? C'mon.
    ^^^Shrinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Shrinking?
    Ding-ding-ding-ding! Bingo! And naturally, she built herself a insect fliying armour.
    Really, I expected better from Johns there.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Department of Metahuman Operations

Directors: Mister Bones and Sasha Bordeaux

Team:

Commander Steel (Leader)

Vibe

Owlwoman

La Encantadora

Cynthia Reynolds

Ted Kord

Based on the original New Warriors.

New Titans

The Signal (Night Trasher)
    Teen Lantern (Kid Nova)
    Aquagirl (Namorita)
    Hotspot (Firestar)
    Superboy (Justice)
    Impulse (Speedball)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Titans L̶.̶A̶.̶ WTF!?

Beast Boy
    ar was selected by Dick to lead a Los Angeles branch for the Titans due to a unanimous decision. Gar who used to be an egotistical fame-seeker and is now an iconic hero would lead the Titans again he did not know that all of them were going to be hard work.

Flamebird
    Bette serves as Gar's right hand, Bette felt there cannot be a Titans LA without the Flamebird. She felt this ancillary group was a calling for her since all of the members were either unproven, inexperienced or rejected something that she could relate to.

The Protector
    The 'straight-edge' hero with a good heart also has an addiction to drugs to fuel up his lack of powers. Bette serves him not only as his leader but his friend

Hard Drive
    The 'boy scout' wants to keep the team's image through whatever means, and sees himself as part of the 'trinity' with Gar and Bette even though they see him as one of the recruits.

Monstergirl
    The sly trickster who loves to instigate every fight she sees. Gar sees himself in her as they are both shapeshifters with a snark sense of humor so he hopes that she becomes a great hero.

Aura
    Lindsay Wah has a lot of potential with her ability to manipulate magnetism but only if Bette and Gar can stop her from drinking alcohol and go to rehab to sort out her addiction.

Shiny Happy Aquazon
    The second-generation-born teen heroine from Japan joins Titans LA, for one thing, Fame. Just like Monstergirl, Gar sees himself in Aquazon because he used to be in the limelight he will show her why she does not need fame by doing good deeds

The troublesome jerk and former member of the Doom Patrol is something that Gar can relate to as a young kid but Wayne seems to be very difficult and rebellious.

Zatara
    Cousin of Zattana, Zachary is one of the most powerful members of this group and he knows it and wants everyone including Titans LA to know it as well. The arrogant sorceress loves to show off to the audience, especially the female audience.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Ding-ding-ding-ding! Bingo! And naturally, she built herself a insect fliying armour.
    Really, I expected better from Johns there.
    To be fair, there are several "obvious" things. like giving hydro kinesis to Atlanteans for example... doesn't really make sense for tit to be literally EVERYONE, but more common than otherwise sure.

random idea for a 60s/70s themed Outsiders build:

Animal Man
    Black Lightning
    Creeper
    Deadman
    Metamorpho
    Ragman
    Zatanna

^^^Metamorpho as a the legacy character.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    random idea for a 60s/70s themed Outsiders build:

Animal Man
    Black Lightning
    Creeper
    Deadman
    Metamorpho
    Ragman
    Zatanna
    I sort of love that..

Jason Todd can’t ever seem to have a proper full on solo book. He’s always involved w. some sort of team dynamic, even in his current mini.

So, here’s Red Hood & The Warriors.
    Jason as helmeted team leader Night Thrasher. Superboy and Bulleteer as flying powerhouses Nova and Namorita. Roundhouse as youngest bounciest member Speedball. Hourman and Jesse Quick as power couple Justice and Firestar.

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    I sort of love that..
    thanks! I think it would be a fun "period piece" at the very least, if not a modern iteration...

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

Jason Todd can’t ever seem to have a proper full on solo book. He’s always involved w. some sort of team dynamic, even in his current mini.

So, here’s Red Hood & The Warriors.
    Jason as helmeted team leader Night Thrasher. Superboy and Bulleteer as flying powerhouses Nova and Namorita. Roundhouse as youngest bounciest member Speedball. Hourman and Jesse Quick as power couple Justice and Firestar.
    I'm just now noticing the parallels between Red Hood and Night Thrasher... not just similarities in their M.O./execution, but also that they are both characters I sort of wish I liked more than I actually do lol

love the nod to Jesse and Rick tho. they were fun to read in '00's JSA

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    I'm just now noticing the parallels between Red Hood and Night Thrasher... not just similarities in their M.O./execution, but also that they are both characters I sort of wish I liked more than I actually do lol

love the nod to Jesse and Rick tho. they were fun to read in '00's JSA
    ^^^For me the big similarity between RH and NT right now is both have mini series out I’m not collecting despite liking the characters!

Rick and Jesse are a fun couple when given the chance!