Page 22 of 135 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    You know, JL West Coast May be the only variation of a League DC hasnt done.
    Space teams, time teams, magic teams, alt reality teams, an entire event based on Leagues w. different A meanings, international teams...but no West Coast!
    Does the OG team even count as East Coast? I'm pretty sure Flash and Martian Manhunter are "Middle Americans".

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Does the OG team even count as East Coast? I'm pretty sure Flash and Martian Manhunter are "Middle Americans".
    Youre right about Flash and MM, prob. the others too, actually, but their HQ was in Rhode Island. Thats about as east coast as it gets!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

The greatest show on earth(circus theme)

The Fantastic Tex thompson - the ringmaster
    The Astonishing Zatara - the magician
    The Invincible Superman - the strongman
    The Unerring Vigilante- the marksman/knife thrower
    The Hilarious Creeper - the clown/jester
    The Athletic Nightwing and Flamebird - the acrobats/trapeze artists.
    The Ever-dominant Animal man - the animal tamer
    The Fantabulous Fire - fire breather
    The Eternal Swampthing - "freak"
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-07-2020 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    The greatest show on earth(circus theme)

The Fantastic Tex thompson - the ringmaster
    The Astonishing Zatara - the magician
    The Invincible Superman - the strongman
    The Unerring Vigilante- the marksman/knife thrower
    The Hilarious Creeper - the clown/jester
    The Athletic Nightwing and Flamebird - the acrobats/trapeze artists.
    The Ever-dominant Animal man - the animal tamer
    The Fantabulous Fire - fire breather
    The Eternal Swampthing - "freak"
    That’s a great concept!

That’s a great concept!
    Thanks, it was basically an extension of an idea based on an old cover. I replaced one character though and added couple of characters (bill congo with animal man. The reason is, i wanted to keep it more superhero like).

I wanted a team with the old pulp flavours.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Thanks, it was basically an extension of an idea based on an old cover. I replaced one character though and added couple of characters (bill congo with animal man. The reason is, i wanted to keep it more superhero like).

I wanted a team with the old pulp flavours.
    Oh how cool; I’d never seen that cover or that line up before!
    You did a great build off of it. Nice!

Oh how cool; I’d never seen that cover or that line up before!
    You did a great build off of it. Nice!
    It's basically some of the guys that co-starred action comics magazine back in the day. Zatara actually made his debut with superman in the same issue. Honestly, dc doesn't look into its publication enough. There is a treasure trove of characters with huge variety,not just superheroes.

So true, DC has so many great unused characters!

BANNED

So true, DC has so many great unused characters!
    But DC is still okay because it has Batman and his family (with family i mean other heroes).

Not sure what this Egyptian themed team would be named, but I could see them in a 12 issue limited series, tackling a specific mission. There’d be a lot of globe trotting, some space travel, maybe even a little time hopping. Could be fun.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

^ That looks freakin' great^
    Lol, I don't know if I really want a 3RD beetle active but do this and I can't wait to have a "the beetles" joke in the book.

This. Because I'm a Just a little lazy. . . I should do the illustrations you taught me haha.

Still, though.

Netflix Defenders.

Josiah Power (from the power company) = Luke Cage, Power Man

Richard Dragon (Granted otherworldy power from the black candle of neron + martial arts) = Iron First.

Dr. Midnite = Daredevil both blind street level crimefighter. I don't have the best understanding of the dr if I'm honest but hey there you go. I do get "I don't need to see so let me blind everyone" as a tactic

Manhunter = Kate Spencer / Jessica Jones

I say I'm lazy because I should really do a set of pics with this but also...

I should probably do the real "Dc comics: heroes for hire" with this as a base but... just off the top of my head starting with Josiah Power / Richard Dragon as Power man and Iron first just... it just writes itself.

I'd give Richard Dragon some lingering hell powers from Neron so he's yes an amazing martial artist "the best" but also... he's a magical scrapper.

The team would have a lot or realms covered. Corporate/Political, Mystical, and Sci-fi if the Kate Spencer orgin was played up a lot more.
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 09-07-2020 at 10:28 PM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    ^ That looks freakin' great^
    Lol, I don't know if I really want a 3RD beetle active but do this and I can't wait to have a "the beetles" joke in the book.
    ^^^hey we have like 7 earth born GLs! No reason Green should get all the love.
    Seriously though, thanks for liking the team. I almost did add the other Beetles (and even Booster Gold), but it started getting too unwieldy.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post

Still, though.

Netflix Defenders.

Josiah Power (from the power company) = Luke Cage, Power Man

Richard Dragon (Granted otherworldy power from the black candle of neron + martial arts) = Iron First.

Dr. Midnite = Daredevil both blind street level crimefighter. I don't have the best understanding of the dr if I'm honest but hey there you go. I do get "I don't need to see so let me blind everyone" as a tactic

Manhunter = Kate Spencer / Jessica Jones

I say I'm lazy because I should really do a set of pics with this but also...

I should probably do the real "Dc comics: heroes for hire" with this as a base but... just off the top of my head starting with Josiah Power / Richard Dragon as Power man and Iron first just... it just writes itself.

I'd give Richard Dragon some lingering hell powers from Neron so he's yes an amazing martial artist "the best" but also... he's a magical scrapper.

The team would have a lot or realms covered. Corporate/Political, Mystical, and Sci-fi if the Kate Spencer orgin was played up a lot more.
    ^^^i really like this idea.
    Richard Dragon w. a Supernatural ability he could adapt into his fighting style would be pretty cool!

Plus now I really want to see this crossover happen...:

This version of H4H even had their own lawyer, since She-Hulk was on the team. She could spout legal mumbo jumbo right back at Josiah Power if he tried to get funny.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    You know, JL West Coast May be the only variation of a League DC hasnt done.
    Space teams, time teams, magic teams, alt reality teams, an entire event based on Leagues w. different A meanings, international teams...but no West Coast!
    Maybe the classic Trinity with Metropolis, Gotham and WW then at the UN (or Washington?) count as East coast Trinity.
    And as you indicate Flash, Martian Manhunter maybe and the Hawks as "Middle America"
    I always thought of the Hard Traveling Heroes as the West Coast Trinity.

Last edited by Güicho; 09-14-2020 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Maybe the classic Trinity with Metropolis, Gotham and WW then at the UN (or Washington?) count as East coast Trinity.
    And as you indicate Flash, Martian Manhunter maybe and the Hawks as "Middle America"
    I always thought of the Hard Traveling Heroes as the West Coast Trinity.

Good point on the hard travelers; they def. had a West Coast feel!

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

.... Anyone ever notice that the Trinity basically has the avengers as some of thier primary enemies?

There came a day like no other....

Bane = Captain America Chemically enhanced superhuman

Ironman = Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist. . . wait... Did I say Iron Man? I mean Lex luthor

Ares: A Warrior BORN. Prince to the the King of the gods constantly finding himself intrigued by the machinations of the mortal realm...

They are: THE AVENGERS!

You could also do the dark avengers with that same template.

Captain Atom is the sentry and is slowly being mentally consumed by his future self. Monarch.
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 12-21-2020 at 02:58 PM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.