Page 9 of 121 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Never realized how all these snake names overlap.

Or, intertwine if you will...like snakes.

Primal Force

Over a millennia ago a race from another dimension named the Durathan invaded Earth with the intent of plundering our races to replace the ones they had squandered. Stading between us and total annihilation were the gods, creatures and warrior defenders of nature. The invasion was repelled but some of the Durathan remained on Earth, hidden in human society and taking advantage of out decaying environment. Now it is time for a new team of heroes to defend nature once again.

Mari McCabe/Vixen

Miiyahbin Marten/Equinox

Dominic Mndawe/Freedom Beast

Zoraida, the Elf Queen

Wynnd of Atlantis

Ya'Wara

Skye Alchesay

Atlee/Terra

DC characters in their civilian ID's as .... the A-Team!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Primal Force

Over a millennia ago a race from another dimension named the Durathan invaded Earth with the intent of plundering our races to replace the ones they had squandered. Stading between us and total annihilation were the gods, creatures and warrior defenders of nature. The invasion was repelled but some of the Durathan remained on Earth, hidden in human society and taking advantage of out decaying environment. Now it is time for a new team of heroes to defend nature once again.

Mari McCabe/Vixen

Miiyahbin Marten/Equinox

Dominic Mndawe/Freedom Beast

Zoraida, the Elf Queen

Wynnd of Atlantis

Ya'Wara

Skye Alchesay

Atlee/Terra
    I thought you completely made this up. I barely heard of Primal Force even when it was ongoing!
    Nice find on your part.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    DC characters in their civilian ID's as .... the A-Team!
    Is it wrong i’m suddenly attracted to Murdock, now?

I don't have a name for this team, but it'd be an homage to Marvel's Defenders. Not any specific lineup, just a mix of some of the classic members. I more or less took what the DCAU already did and expanded it.

Doctor Fate (Doctor Strange)

Inza (Clea)

Aquaman (Namor)

Big Barda (Valkyrie)

Frankenstein (Hulk)

Hawkgirl (Nighthawk)

Blue Devil (Daimon Hellstrom)

Batgirl (Hellcat)

The only character I couldn't decide on an analogue for was Silver Surfer.

Quote Originally Posted by lorddeathman2 View Post

Yeah he’s not a simple switch out character.
    Nice line up, though!

When the New Age of Heroes imprint hit, I was really getting a kick out of how unashamed it was about ripping off popular Marvel characters. I mean, why not? These two companies steal from each other constantly, and at the time most of Marvel's big names had been replaced by legacies (Cho-Hulk, Riri, etc).

And the idea of a DC version of the Avengers has been in the back of my head ever since. And I think it actually looks like a surprisingly intriguing roster, all things considered. Maybe not a "good" roster, but an intriguing one.

Uncle Sam. Standing in for Captain America, of course. The spirit of 76, a national avatar born the day the Constitution was signed, as powerful as the belief in America.

Etrigan the Demon/Jason Blood. Our Hulk stand-in. A socially awkward intellectual who, in times of crisis, becomes a monster of rage and flaming death who is almost as much a threat to his allies as his enemies.

Barda. Our Thor stand in. A (New) god renowned for strength and ferocity in battle. Orion could work too, but we need some ladies up in here!

The Silencer. Standing in for Black Widow. A stealth-based femme fatale trying to go straight and leave her dark past behind.

Shado. Our Hawkeye stand in. A sniper of unparalleled skill. Almost went with Deadshot, but he gets enough panel time in Suicide Squad and Shado's a character I always wanted to see beyond the Arrow title.

Steel. John Henry Irons (his niece Natasha will do in a pinch) is one of the most brilliant and noble heroes the DCU has to offer. He might be the obvious and boring choice to take Tony Stark's place, but as great as options like Rocket Red might be, nobody is better suited (ha!) for this than Dr. Irons.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

^^^That ain’t too shabby!
    I love teams that mix characters who seem at odds powers/personality wise...

I really hit a wall though, w. a few characters.

I have nothing for The Moth. DC is shallow on street level bug characters. I wanted to stay away from say, Ted Kord, as the Charlton characters are too connected to the Watchmen book.

Also have nothing for Silk Spectre II and Silhouette. So yeah any suggestions welcome!

I don't have a name for this team, but it'd be an homage to Marvel's Defenders. Not any specific lineup, just a mix of some of the classic members. I more or less took what the DCAU already did and expanded it.

Inza (Clea)

Aquaman (Namor)

Big Barda (Valkyrie)

Frankenstein (Hulk)

Hawkgirl (Nighthawk)

Batgirl (Hellcat)

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Yeah he’s not a simple switch out character.
    Nice line up, though!
    Could be Arin or Takion.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Inza (Clea)

Aquaman (Namor)

Big Barda (Valkyrie)

Frankenstein (Hulk)

Hawkgirl (Nighthawk)

Batgirl (Hellcat)

I would say Orion. While totally opposite in terms of personality,(although they are both tortured in their own way) he's a cosmic powerhouse with Kirby roots who glides through space, has a symbiotic relationship with a semi-inanimate object and has a complicated relationship with one of the most baddest bads in the universe. (I know that gives you two New Gods, but why not?)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 01-24-2020 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Could be Arin or Takion.
    Takion’s the character i’ve seen most often used in builds!