Page 74 of 135 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2016

The original Champions line up’s always fun to do. A big guy, a femme fatale, a flying guy, an ice guy, a spooky guy.

FREIGHT TRAIN (Hercules)
    I do NOT like the codename Freight Train. But, considering Freight Train has the same powerset as Marvel’s Strong Guy, and Strong Guy’s codename is, well, Strong Guy, I guess Freight Train isn’t so bad.

ONYX (Black Widow)
    She was a longstanding member of the League of Assassins, who decided to retire, which of course, didn’t last. She’s good enough to go a couple rounds w. Cassandra Cain, which is no small feat.

BLACK CONDOR (Angel)
    Originally a rebellious freedom fighter from the no longer existing Earth-10, where the Nazis won WWII, B.C. is an aerial commando proficient w. all types of weapons and explosives.

FROSTBITE (Iceman)
    Is able to absorb heat from any object and leave it frozen solid. He can store that heat inside him and release it as blasts of concussive energy.

THE SPECTRE (Ghost Rider)
    Spectre will be nerfed in terms of power, and figuring out how and why is a mystery he and the team will need to solve. Right now he’ll be able to fly, turn invisible and intangible, using phase attacks like Marvel’s Vision. When solid he’ll have an ambiguous amount of super strength and invulnerability. He'll be able to sense evil and see through disguises/illusions. His human host Crispus Allen will lend his detective skills when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

This one came together in bits and pieces while I was working on a completely different thing.

It’s a riff on Fantastic Four 348-349. An untold tale of The Terrifics, who are thought to be dead so Josiah Power, Sideways, Etrigan, and Timberwolf get together as The -new- Terrifics to track down their killers.

While Marvel’s new FF was made up of their most popular characters at the time, mine wound up being the opposite…:

JOSIAH POWER (Joe Fixit)
    I went through a few other characters who better matched Joe in personality but none of them had what I felt was most important. I was looking for a big brawny badass in a suit & tie. Josiah’s got the look (and can turn into a grey, stone-like seven-foot giant, w. super strength, invulnerability and energy-based powers) so Josiah’s got the job. Besides, lawyers can be fixers!

SIDEWAYS (Spider-man)
    DC didn’t even TRY and hide the Spidey-ness! Still, he’s a nice enough kid; a young inexperienced hero w. the ability to teleport and open transdimensional rifts in space time. Oh and he’s super strong, durable and agile. This team up’ll give him some good OJT.

ETRIGAN (Ghost Rider)
    Etrigan’s popularity peaked in the 90s. This guy was EVERYWHERE back then. He still shows up occasionally, so he hasn’t been totally forgotten. Switching him out w. Ghost Rider is standard on a lot of team builds. And man, I’ve always loved his rhyming!

WOLVERINE (Timberwolf)
    I liked how in the FF story Wolvie was never actually in costume. So I went looking for someone Wolverine-y who dressed casual and remembered that Timberwolf at one point had an outfit w. dark colors, a jacket and gloves. He had constant bed head and perma stubble, too! I thought Timberwolf being a 31st century character like The Terrifics’ Phantom Girl was a nice touch, and the two made a cute couple in the LoSH cartoon.

I still like my version better.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    New Terrifics would be something like this:

Attachment 120650
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I still like my version better.
    ^^^I remember that build now (pardon my crap memory I have issues from my military service-TBI and PTSD), and I liked it!
    I was actually considering Brimstone for the above Champions build before going w. Crispus Allen.

I’ve done the original Avengers line up a gazillion times, so this is a gazillion and one.

THUNDERER (Thor)
    This guy is a weather god of Australia's Mowanjum people and the last survivor of Earth 7. I like his outfit except for the lack of pants, so I gave him some.

HARDWARE (Iron Man)
    A genius-level inventor who fights injustice wearing a high-tech weaponized exoskeleton, Hardware’s a proactive hero who identifies potential trouble/trouble makers and goes after them.

THE VETERAN (Captain America)
    Most ppl in the Military consider this guy a Tall Tale, until they see him in action. Nearly indestructible, an expert at land-sea-air warfare, and functionally immortal, The Veteran’s fought in every American conflict since 1775 and holds the rank of General.

SOLOMON GRUNDY (The Hulk)
    I love me some Grundy, but I know he isn’t a team player. Unlike The Hulk who left The Avengers and stayed gone, Grundy will show back up semi-regularly, to lend a hand in emergencies it cause a little mayhem.

BUMBLEBEE (The Wasp)
    A skilled scientist, Bumblebee can shrink down to insect size while retaining her full grown strength. She can fly and fire bio-electric blasts.

MAL DUNCAN (Hank Pym)
    Last but not least is Mal Duncan, the character that got me thinking about this build when I realized how much he and Hank Pym have in common. Both guys have dated and or married insect themed females who are more popular than them. Then there’s the fact that Mal started out just hanging w. The Teen Titans as himself before becoming Guardian, then Herald, then Hornblower, and then Vox, while Hank started out as Ant-Man, then Giant Man, then Goliath, Yellowjacket, and even took the Wasp name. He’s also just gone w. Hank Pym scientific adventurer, as a moniker.

Nah, you are good. New Terrifics would be something like this:

Attachment 120650
    I’ve done the original Avengers line up a gazillion times, so this is a gazillion and one.

THUNDERER (Thor)
    This guy is a weather god of Australia's Mowanjum people and the last survivor of Earth 7. I like his outfit except for the lack of pants, so I gave him some.

HARDWARE (Iron Man)
    A genius-level inventor who fights injustice wearing a high-tech weaponized exoskeleton, Hardware’s a proactive hero who identifies potential trouble/trouble makers and goes after them.

THE VETERAN (Captain America)
    Most ppl in the Military consider this guy a Tall Tale, until they see him in action. Nearly indestructible, an expert at land-sea-air warfare, and functionally immortal, The Veteran’s fought in every American conflict since 1775 and holds the rank of General.

SOLOMON GRUNDY (The Hulk)
    I love me some Grundy, but I know he isn’t a team player. Unlike The Hulk who left The Avengers and stayed gone, Grundy will show back up semi-regularly, to lend a hand in emergencies it cause a little mayhem.

BUMBLEBEE (The Wasp)
    A skilled scientist, Bumblebee can shrink down to insect size while retaining her full grown strength. She can fly and fire bio-electric blasts.

MAL DUNCAN (Hank Pym)
    Last but not least is Mal Duncan, the character that got me thinking about this build when I realized how much he and Hank Pym have in common. Both guys have dated and or married insect themed females who are more popular than them. Then there’s the fact that Mal started out just hanging w. The Teen Titans as himself before becoming Guardian, then Herald, then Hornblower, and then Vox, while Hank started out as Ant-Man, then Giant Man, then Goliath, Yellowjacket, and even took the Wasp name. He’s also just gone w. Hank Pym scientific adventurer, as a moniker.
    I aprove this.... but Thunderer should show more legs.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I aprove this but....
    ^^^Thank you! But?

Thunderer should show more legs.

AZRAEL
    I’m pretty stoked about seeing new Azrael material on the shelves; I never liked him in the nineties but he’s grown on me over the years.

CAPTAIN COMET
    The Captain was born in 1931, a hundred thousand years ahead of his time as a powerful psychic/psionic. He’s spent most of his life in space but comes back to Earth occasionally. Azrael considers getting him on the team a huge coup.

AQUAWOMAN
    Queen Marella of Earth 2 doesn’t like the Aquawoman name, but she def. lives up to it, as a skilled Warrior and tactician. She possesses aquakinesis on a massive scale, not seen in other Atlanteans.

DANNY CHASE
    Dc’s version of cousin Oliver, Danny’s considered the most annoying Teen Titan ever, which is something Azrael can relate to. He’s a gifted telekinetic though, and has a sharp scientific mind.

FIRE
    Beatriz da Costa Is a pyrokinetic. She’s a veteran of multiple super teams, multilingual, a skilled investigator and above average h2h combatant. She brings a lot to the table, including a great sense of humor.

ROUNDHOUSE
    Azrael knows the William Wu’s suffered family losses, and his goofball humor is a defensive reaction against depression and sadness. Azrael is looking to mentor both Wu’s scientific and heroic aptitudes.

”To me, my Dubbilex-Men!”

DUBBILEX (Prof. Xavier)
    Dub is an exceptionally powerful telepath, and has mentored his share of superhumans while living and working at Project Cadmus.

OMAC (Cyclops)
    Michael Costner’s here as Dub’s Cycloptic star pupil.

LOOKER (Marvel Girl)
    A redhead w. the full spectrum of psionic abilities: TP, TK, post/precognition, psychometry…and she’s a vampire, to boot.

ULGO (The Beast)
    Gorilla City’s most brilliant scientist. As a gorilla he can of course rip off your arms if he wanted. In true Hank McCoy goes too far fashion, he once tried turning every human on Earth into gorillas.

NORTHWIND (The Angel)
    The fierce Feitherian fights w. beak, talons, and magical pyrokinetic abilities. He can outfly the most advanced combat helicopters or leave them behind, at his top speed of 415 km/h.

YETI (Iceman)
    Hu Wei can transform, sometimes unwillingly, into a monstrous form that gives him incredible physical power and the ability to generate freezing temperatures. Dub is teaching him to control his powers.

^^^Sabretooth’s new Exiles team is an odd cast of characters, and I’m a fan of odd line ups, so wanted to DC it up, see what came of it.

BRONZE TIGER (Sabretooth)
    Well, both feline themed badasses rock orange outfits quite well. Sabretooth on average owns Wolverine in a fight, and BT is a better h2h fighter than Batman, which means both have major street cred.

TUATARA (Third Eye)
    Third eye and Tuatara both have, you guessed it, three eyes, that give each of them mental powers. Tuatara can see into the past and future; hours/days/weeks even months in either direction while asleep, and several seconds either way when awake, which doesn’t sound like much but comes in super handy in h2h combat, letting him kick butt like a boss.

SCORCH (Melter)
    Scott Fischer has a very Doom Patrol power, constantly radiating a fiery energy that makes physical contact damn near impossible. If he loses control or cuts loose he can go full Human Torch at the risk of killing himself. I guess his biggest drawback was not catching on.

SHADOW THIEF (Nekra)
    Not gonna lie, I went w. ex-Mossad agent Aviva Metula for the pale skin/black outfit. Her shadow power’s completely different from Nekra’s hate fueled strength amping but she IS a pretty angry person. Both these women are definitely powerhouses who will try and rip a guy’s head off, w. Aviva being the more versatile of the two.

LIGHTNING (Oya)
    After considering a few other characters I went w. Jennifer Pierce. She doesn’t run hot and cold like Oya, using lightning instead, but she’s the least popular of the Pierce sisters and I wanted to give her some screentime. Plus if BT gets her injured or something he’d have Black Lightning up in his face which is a fight I’d like to see.

OFF-RAMP (Madison Jeffries)
    Both these guys are gruff Everyman types who enjoy drinking and smoking. They’re both mechanics; Jeffries is always looking to upgrade his awesome Box armor and Off-Ramp’s always tuning up his beloved hot rod, "Roadshow". Powers-wise, Off-Ramp is one of DC’s best teleporters, able to open warp gates anywhere in the world for him to drive through or use them on opponents offensively. A future story showed that he’ll eventually be able to warp through time as well as space.

An extraordinary league of characters…:

CONGO BILL
    One time gorilla now back to being a Great White Hunter.

LOOKER
    Vampire trying to do good. Sometimes.

BLOCKBUSTER
    Never turn your back on this guy.

KOBRA
    Eco-terrorist w. a dedicated cult following.

GENTLEMAN GHOST
    Undead 19th century thief. Loves his job.

A poster at another site liked the Azrael team I put together a couple weeks ago and gave me a different theme to try. So, here goes.

AZRAEL
    A Knight in The Order of St. Dumas, Azrael’s been tasked w. putting together a team geared towards handling very specific types of enemies/emergencies.

ZAURIEL
    Ex member of Heaven’s Eagle Host, ex Guardian Angel, now operating on Earth. He doesn't actually want to be on the team but given their, as he puts it "pseudo religious" mission statement he doesn't want them running around unchecked either.

FAITH
    Has never had an origin story but is at least half Hispanic and mentioned she was raised/trained by a G14 classified black ops team she eventually had a falling out with.
    Between that, her name, and her power to create an aura of trust and confidence within the ppl around her, I’m making Faith a Nephalem. Her dad was part of the previously mentioned black ops team who were tasked w. capturing a supposed “fallen Angel” that had been reported in Arizona as performing miracles and gaining a cult like congregation. Faith’s dad fell in love w. the Angel and they went on the run together.
    Not long after Faith was born, her dad’s old team took the hybrid baby and raised her as their own. Faith cut ties w. the team after she pieced together her true origin. As to her parents' whereabouts, that's a loose end.

BLUE DEVIL
    Having been unwillingly reincarnated into a Demon by the Dark Lord Neron, Blue Devil constantly flips Hell the bird by using his powers for good, which has put him on several other teams prior to this one.

CATHOLIC GIRL
    The deeply devout, one time partner to Nun of The Above, Catholic Girl can fly, generate a glow equivalent to a lighthouse beacon (one million foot candles), create force fields around herself out of that same glow when she recites the "Hail Mary", and can fire bolts of concentrated light energy. It’s unknown how she got her powers but Catholic Girl clearly views them as being a heavenly gift.

ARCHANGEL
    An amnesiac of alien origin mostly associated w. the Teen Titans, Archangel was originally dubbed Azrael, but when he was recruited for the team by Jean-Paul Valley who also used the name, he took the name Archangel to avoid confusion and because he thought it sounded cool. Archangel can fly, has latent psychic powers, and is faster/stronger than Humans. Though Archangel and Zauriel look made to partner up, Zauriel doesn’t seem to think all that highly of the so called “space Angel”. And yet, when Blue Devil begins to counsel and train the youngster, Zauriel can feel himself experiencing both envy and wrath.

HUNTRESS
    Raised Catholic, Huntress’ religion is incredibly important to her. She can be seen praying regularly and either straight up wears a crucifix in costume or has some type of crucifix design incorporated into her outfit. Over time she’s become a respected street leveler skilled at h2h, spy craft, and detective work. Huntress is one of the few Gotham heroes who doesn’t actively court Batman’s favor.

KID CRUSADER
    Being on this team is hard for KC, as he feels his past actions (aligning himself w. the mercenary Deathstroke and attempting to kill the Teen Titan Kid Devil) will make his teammates question his right to be there and his abilities in the field. He doesn’t know it but that’s why Azrael chose him. As the “failed Batman” Azrael’s been in KC’s shoes and wants to help him. KC also treads lightly around Blue Devil, who’s protégée he nearly killed. For his part Blue Devil doesn’t seem to be holding a grudge; though not overly friendly he’s been nothing but professional w. KC from day one.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 08-21-2022 at 07:46 AM.

A poster at another site liked the Azrael team I put together a couple weeks ago and gave me a different theme to try. So, here goes.

AZRAEL
    A Knight in The Order of St. Dumas, Azrael’s been tasked w. putting together a team geared towards handling very specific types of enemies/emergencies.

ZAURIEL
    Ex member of Heaven’s Eagle Host, ex Guardian Angel, now operating on Earth. He doesn't actually want to be on the team but given their, as he puts it "pseudo religious" mission statement he doesn't want them running around unchecked either.

FAITH
    Has never had an origin story but is at least half Hispanic and mentioned she was raised/trained by a G14 classified black ops team she eventually had a falling out with.
    Between that, her name, and her power to create an aura of trust and confidence within the ppl around her, I’m making Faith a Nephalem. Her dad was part of the previously mentioned black ops team who were tasked w. capturing a supposed “fallen Angel” that had been reported in Arizona as performing miracles and gaining a cult like congregation. Faith’s dad fell in love w. the Angel and they went on the run together.
    Not long after Faith was born, her dad’s old team took the hybrid baby and raised her as their own. Faith cut ties w. the team after she pieced together her true origin. As to her parents' whereabouts, that's a loose end.

BLUE DEVIL
    Having been unwillingly reincarnated into a Demon by the Dark Lord Neron, Blue Devil constantly flips Hell the bird by using his powers for good, which has put him on several other teams prior to this one.

CATHOLIC GIRL
    The deeply devout, one time partner to Nun of The Above, Catholic Girl can fly, generate a glow equivalent to a lighthouse beacon (one million foot candles), create force fields around herself out of that same glow when she recites the "Hail Mary", and can fire bolts of concentrated light energy. It’s unknown how she got her powers but Catholic Girl clearly views them as being a heavenly gift.

AZRAEL
    An amnesiac of alien origin mostly associated w. the Teen Titans, Azrael can fly, has latent psychic powers, and is faster/stronger than Humans. Though Azrael and Zauriel look made to partner up, Zauriel doesn’t seem to think all that highly of the so called “space Angel”. And yet, when Blue Devil begins to counsel and train the youngster, Zauriel can feel himself experiencing both envy and wrath.

HUNTRESS
    Raised Catholic, Huntress’ religion is incredibly important to her. She can be seen praying regularly and either straight up wears a crucifix in costume or has some type of crucifix design incorporated into her outfit. Over time she’s become a respected street leveler skilled at h2h, spy craft, and detective work. Huntress is one of the few Gotham heroes who doesn’t actively court Batman’s favor.
    OG Azrael needs a new name or is going to be confusing. Also, Kid Crusader could join this team.

OG Azrael needs a new name or is going to be confusing.
    ^^^It’d be a nice jab at Marvel to rename him Archangel! Maybe Silver Swan…

Also, Kid Crusader could join this team.
    ^^^Kid Crusader was never even on my radar, what a good choice!
    Kid Crusader’s history w. Blue Devil’s old partner would make it extra juicy!

EDIT,
    I used your suggestions, Ty!
    Last edited by Riv86672; 08-21-2022 at 07:46 AM.

Justice League Dark but this time starring characters who have darkness based abilities:

-Obsidian/Todd Rice

-Shadow Lass

-Nightshade/Eve Eden

-Shade

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

HIRO OKAMURA (Hiro Takachiho)
    Popularly known as Toyman, Hiro runs a multi million dollar tech company. He specializes in physics, robotics, cybernetics, genetics, weapons technology, biochemistry, and computer programming. His inventions are often inspired by anime, manga, and superhero influences. His dozens of Govt. contracts ensure Hiro’s usually in the loop on situations that may serve to threaten Japan. On the flip side, the Govt. knows who’s usually to blame when superhuman battles erupt in the Country for no discernible reason.

COMPOSITE SUPERMAN (Baymax)
    One of Hiro Okamura’s coolest inventions, Composite Superman was originally a giant mecha, which Hiro has since scaled down to a “mere” 12 feet tall. The Superman/Batman themed robot is at the cutting edge of nano technology and is Hiro’s bodyguard and some would argue, best friend.

RYUKU ORSONO (Wasabi-No Ginger)
    Codenamed Bushido, Ryuku’s family have a generations long history of protecting and fighting for the honor of, Japan. Ryuku’s a lifelong martial artist, still working to improve; his weapons are infused w. the spirits of his ancestors and so are much more powerful than they appear at first, letting Ryuku fight evenly w. opponents, whether engaging modern weapons or ancient magic.

ARASHI OHASHI (Go-Go Tomago)
    There are two famous women in Tokyo named Arashi, and no one’s ever put together that they’re one and the same. Arashi Ohashi is head of a highly lucrative software and video game design firm, tabloid fodder, and a force to be reckoned w. in the City’s nightclub scene. Arashi is one of the most popular heroes in Japan, speeding through Tokyo on a gravity defying rocket powered motorcycle tricked out w. all manner of offensive weaponry and defensive/lifesaving devices. Arashi wears a protective exoskeleton able to withstand high caliber weaponry and massive blunt force trauma. Her senses enhancing motorcycle helmet lets Arashi see and hear across multiple spectrums and frequencies.

TERYX (Fredzilla)
    Teryx comes from Mystery Island, which is nearly impossible to locate and where dinosaurs still exist and have evolved. While a bit of an elitist, believing himself better than mammals, he’s not militant, which many of his brethren are, advocating for the extinction of mankind. This difference of opinion has led Teryx to either leave or be exiled from his home, he won’t say which. A powerful fighter, Teryx relies on superhuman speed to deliver precise strikes w. his claws. His prehensile tail can subdue, restrain, and even crush, superhuman opponents.

AME OKUMURA (Honey Lemon)
    Raised by a Yakuza crime lord Ame was saiko-komon of Clan Ishiguro by day, and a Tokyo Drift style street racer by night; it was during one of these races that she became temporary host to Etrigan The Demon. Upon his initial appearance Etrigan ripped Ame’s prized possession, a stuffed Teddy bear, in half. The bear had a creepy history. It was given to her by her surrogate father to remember her dead mother by. It was stuffed w. 2 dozen hummingbird skulls, a gift from another Yakuza child who’d grow to be a psychopath and assassin, and was magically put back together by Etrigan when he and Ame were finally separated. The bear now has a type of sentience and access to Hammer Space. It can absorb/redirect attacks against Ame, and if she asks politely provide Ame w. convenient objects to use on her adventures w. Big Hero 6.