Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6465253545556
Results 826 to 837 of 837
  1. #826
    Extraordinary Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    5,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I love this idea!
    ^^^thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Dunno if this option was explored, but I choose to see in other teams, let say the Ultraverse, if there is someone else who remember them.
    Lets try with DC's Ultraforce:



    The strong man: Wildcat (Ted Grant in charge of a new team)

    The armour guy: Technocrat (Geofrey Barron) Gave this guy a chance.

    The femme fatale: Encantadora (Lourdes Lucero)

    The alien warrior: Stealth (from LEGION)

    The walking dead: Deadman (Boston Brand)

    The energetic kid: Sapphire (Candance Gennaro)

    The Protoplasmic guy: Matrix 2 (a new version of the protoplasmic Supergirl, in a new identity).
    ^^^I've never thought of trying this one, now I want to!

  2. #827
    Extraordinary Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    5,002

    Default


    Funky Flashman. Roulette. Stallion. Gus Yale. Magpie.

    The rich and powerful take what they want; they steal it back for you. Sometimes pretty crappy bad guys make fairly decent good guys. They provide... Leverage.

  3. #828
    Extraordinary Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    5,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Dunno if this option was explored, but I choose to see in other teams, let say the Ultraverse, if there is someone else who remember them.
    Lets try with DC's Ultraforce:



    The strong man: Wildcat (Ted Grant in charge of a new team)

    The armour guy: Technocrat (Geofrey Barron) Gave this guy a chance.

    The femme fatale: Encantadora (Lourdes Lucero)

    The alien warrior: Stealth (from LEGION)

    The walking dead: Deadman (Boston Brand)

    The energetic kid: Sapphire (Candance Gennaro)

    The Protoplasmic guy: Matrix 2 (a new version of the protoplasmic Supergirl, in a new identity).
    ^^^okay, I got around to trying this one…:


    BETTE NOIR (Contrary)
    Enemy and sometimes ally of, Martian Manhunter. Team founder and big on manipulation. She like wrapping guys around her little finger w. her powers and looks. Speaking of looks, not too many ppl know the secret she’s hiding regarding her seductive appearance.

    SHAZAM (Prime)
    Pretty straightforward swap here. Both these characters are kids in grown up bodies.

    GALAXOR (Hardcase)
    DC’s not deep on mid level characters but this one clicked for me. Like Hardcase/Prime, Galaxor’s nowhere near as strong as Shazam. He has limited flight capabilities and can fire an energy beam from his chest.

    ATOMIC KNIGHT (Prototype)
    Gardner Grayle was outfitted w. high tech atomic powered armor by STAR Labs. He’s led a small group of volunteers w. similar armor, and been a member of The Outsiders. STAR Labs routinely tweaks and upgrades his gear.

    LIAR LIAR (Pixx)
    Not the most stable character, but a powerful illusionist w. other mental powers she can call on. Bette Noir sees a lot of herself in LL and is actively mentoring the kid. LL is also good w. all types of advanced tech.

    MAXIMA (Topaz)
    Another straightforward swap. Both these characters are alien warrior Queens.

    SIMON DARK (Ghoul)
    Simon’s a living corpse. Actually he’s about 20 corpses all stitched together. He has vaguely defined magic powers, can and usually does, just pop up behind ppl, is superhumanly strong/fast and can take a LOT of physical damage.

  4. #829
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

    Funky Flashman. Roulette. Stallion. Gus Yale. Magpie.

    The rich and powerful take what they want; they steal it back for you. Sometimes pretty crappy bad guys make fairly decent good guys. They provide... Leverage.
    When does this series hit comixology? I'm in!!

  5. #830
    Traveler of omniverses Thor-Ul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Halfway between Asgard & Krypton
    Posts
    3,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^okay, I got around to trying this one…:


    BETTE NOIR (Contrary)
    Enemy and sometimes ally of, Martian Manhunter. Team founder and big on manipulation. She like wrapping guys around her little finger w. her powers and looks. Speaking of looks, not too many ppl know the secret she’s hiding regarding her seductive appearance.

    SHAZAM (Prime)
    Pretty straightforward swap here. Both these characters are kids in grown up bodies.

    GALAXOR (Hardcase)
    DC’s not deep on mid level characters but this one clicked for me. Like Hardcase/Prime, Galaxor’s nowhere near as strong as Shazam. He has limited flight capabilities and can fire an energy beam from his chest.

    ATOMIC KNIGHT (Prototype)
    Gardner Grayle was outfitted w. high tech atomic powered armor by STAR Labs. He’s led a small group of volunteers w. similar armor, and been a member of The Outsiders. STAR Labs routinely tweaks and upgrades his gear.

    LIAR LIAR (Pixx)
    Not the most stable character, but a powerful illusionist w. other mental powers she can call on. Bette Noir sees a lot of herself in LL and is actively mentoring the kid. LL is also good w. all types of advanced tech.

    MAXIMA (Topaz)
    Another straightforward swap. Both these characters are alien warrior Queens.

    SIMON DARK (Ghoul)
    Simon’s a living corpse. Actually he’s about 20 corpses all stitched together. He has vaguely defined magic powers, can and usually does, just pop up behind ppl, is superhumanly strong/fast and can take a LOT of physical damage.
    Well played, I also had though on the roles of Shazam and Atomic Knight, but I did choose more obscure character in their places.
    "But it's the fool who ponders on "what ifs" and "might have beens" for overly long?"
    Richard Swift (The Shade #11).

  6. #831
    Extraordinary Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    5,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Well played, I also had though on the roles of Shazam and Atomic Knight, but I did choose more obscure character in their places.
    Technocrat was a deeeeep dive on your part!
    I was like, “dammit now what”. DC doesn’t have nearly as many armored guys as Marvel.

  7. #832
    ...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,458

    Default

    In this thread:

    We've come up with so many amazing thing using so many interesting and forlorn characters.... Its like D.C. comics makes me more sad and wistful than anything else.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

  8. #833
    Traveler of omniverses Thor-Ul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Halfway between Asgard & Krypton
    Posts
    3,762

    Default

    Yep, a lot of wasted potential being leaving forgotten.
    "But it's the fool who ponders on "what ifs" and "might have beens" for overly long?"
    Richard Swift (The Shade #11).

  9. #834
    Extraordinary Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    5,002

    Default


    The Big Bad
    Trigon the Terrible, of course.

    The Dragon
    Sabbac violently enforces Trigon’s orders.

    The Starscream
    Despero is plotting. Always plotting.

    The Femme Fatale
    Scorch is dangerous on SO many levels.

    The Heir Apparent
    Kid Devil? Really? Say it ain’t so!

    The Major Domo
    Melmoth and loyal staff of red butt baboons.

    The Mortal Minions
    Hellhound, Thrill Devil, and NKVDemon.

  10. #835
    Traveler of omniverses Thor-Ul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Halfway between Asgard & Krypton
    Posts
    3,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

    The Big Bad
    Trigon the Terrible, of course.

    The Dragon
    Sabbac violently enforces Trigon’s orders.

    The Starscream
    Despero is plotting. Always plotting.

    The Femme Fatale
    Scorch is dangerous on SO many levels.

    The Heir Apparent
    Kid Devil? Really? Say it ain’t so!

    The Major Domo
    Melmoth and loyal staff of red butt baboons.

    The Mortal Minions
    Hellhound, Thrill Devil, and NKVDemon.
    A devilish more than meets the eye maybe?
    "But it's the fool who ponders on "what ifs" and "might have beens" for overly long?"
    Richard Swift (The Shade #11).

  11. #836
    ...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

    The Big Bad
    Trigon the Terrible, of course.

    The Dragon
    Sabbac violently enforces Trigonís orders.

    The Starscream
    Despero is plotting. Always plotting.

    The Femme Fatale
    Scorch is dangerous on SO many levels.

    The Heir Apparent
    Kid Devil? Really? Say it ainít so!

    The Major Domo
    Melmoth and loyal staff of red butt baboons.

    The Mortal Minions
    Hellhound, Thrill Devil, and NKVDemon.
    What is this suppose to be? Dial H... for hell?
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

  12. #837
    Extraordinary Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    5,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    A devilish more than meets the eye maybe?


    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    What is this suppose to be? Dial H... for hell?
    Its The Hellfire Club, with a devilish theme instead of chess.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •