Page 102 of 136 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2033

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    OH, yes, it was. But still is a cool name.
    ^^^I'll Grant you that! But the line up? Outrageously bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^I'll Grant you that! But the line up? Outrageously bad!
    Your line-up is far better.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Your line-up is far better.
    ^^^Thanks, Thor-Ul!
    Now we just gotta work on Primal Force!

^^^Thanks, Thor-Ul!
    Now we just gotta work on Primal Force!
    Something primal based I suppose. Or the extreme 90s version of the super-pets
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Something primal based I suppose. Or the extreme 90s version of the super-pets
    ^^^Ha! The super pets!

I will admit, Marvel’s done a lot more w. their animal characters than DC has. I actually enjoyed the League of Super Pets movie, but Marvel’s Pet Avengers is the one to beat comics wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Thanks. I did a reworking of the roster and made Tim Hunter an associate as he might be a but too powerful and experienced for a team.

Anita Fite (leader)

Sandy Hawkins (second-in-command)

Khalid Nassour (medical expert)

Anna Fortune (technomagic and magical weapons expert)

Marguerita Covas (tarot reader and precog)

Eddie Bloomberg (resident demon)

Lyta Milton (Demigoddess and magical powerhouse)

Associates

Cassie Sandsmark, Traci 13, Timothy Hunter and Zachary Zatara.
    One idea I'd always wanted to do was to make a Teen Titans team with Lyta. :̃ So that part I like.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    One idea I'd always wanted to do was to make a Teen Titans team with Lyta. :̃ So that part I like.
    ^^^Hard to believe this character hasn’t made a comeback, she seems like someone who’d do well and fit in w. a lot of today's young heroes.

^^^Clever picks man, you didn’t go for the obvious and that’s great!

I esp. like the interconnections between the teams. Built in rivalry!
    Thanks

While making the roster I want some of the members from each team to have a history with each other with Mari and Mandy having an intense rivalry similar to Starfire and Blackfire, G.R.I.D feeling that he was forgotten similar to both Cyborg and his dad and both Morrigan and Wyld represent good and evil with one don't want to be like the Unkindness and the other joins as her servant.

GridArt_20231009_133000868.jpg

DC's Midnight Sons
    - Horizon Moon

I, Vampire (Blade)
    Hawkman (Mr. Knight)
    Artemis (Elsa Bloodstone)
    Doctor Mist (Doctor Voodoo)
    Swamp Thing (Man-Thing)
    Connor Hawke (Iron Fist)
    Etrigan (Ghost Rider)
    Last edited by Incognito; 10-09-2023 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Thanks

While making the roster I want some of the members from each team to have a history with each other with Mari and Mandy having an intense rivalry similar to Starfire and Blackfire, G.R.I.D feeling that he was forgotten similar to both Cyborg and his dad and both Morrigan and Wyld represent good and evil with one don't want to be like the Unkindness and the other joins as her servant.

GridArt_20231009_133000868.jpg

DC's Midnight Sons
    - Horizon Moon

I, Vampire (Blade)
    Hawkman (Mr. Knight)
    Artemis (Elsa Bloodstone)
    Doctor Mist (Doctor Voodoo)
    Swamp Thing (Man-Thing)
    Connor Hawke (Iron Fist)
    Etrigan (Ghost Rider)
    ^^^Thats a “hell” of a team!!!

^^^Hard to believe this character hasn’t made a comeback, she seems like someone who’d do well and fit in w. a lot of today's young heroes.
    While pondering it I realized there's two factors here.

1: limited usage character: William Messner-Loebs created her and she got used all of 14 times. 3 of which were "secret files" books, another was a cameo in a recap of Circe's history, most appearances were written by either Rucka or Jimenez. that's not really a wide usage.

2: power scaling: Circe is often called a "powerful witch"... well.. she's actually superhuman in that regard. She's a demi-Titan and not even part Human. Her father is Hyperion, one of the most powerful of the Titans. Her mother was one of the Oceanid nymphs. Then you have Ares as Lyta's father. That pedigree is gonna be someone to fear. she'd probably have powers more like a full-goddess than a demi-goddess.

Which... hmm.... I feel like Donna Troy would have good reason to pay attention here. If it's the Titan Seed origin for Donna... one of the Titans involved in that project... was Hyperion himself. Donna acting as mentor for Hyperion's grandchild would make a lot of sense. Donna is actually one of the few people who can legit claim to be Lyta's family. One of the others is Devastation... which... different reason to be interested, but... potential plot hook too.

While pondering it I realized there's two factors here.

1: limited usage character: William Messner-Loebs created her and she got used all of 14 times. 3 of which were "secret files" books, another was a cameo in a recap of Circe's history, most appearances were written by either Rucka or Jimenez. that's not really a wide usage.

2: power scaling: Circe is often called a "powerful witch"... well.. she's actually superhuman in that regard. She's a demi-Titan and not even part Human. Her father is Hyperion, one of the most powerful of the Titans. Her mother was one of the Oceanid nymphs. Then you have Ares as Lyta's father. That pedigree is gonna be someone to fear. she'd probably have powers more like a full-goddess than a demi-goddess.

Which... hmm.... I feel like Donna Troy would have good reason to pay attention here. If it's the Titan Seed origin for Donna... one of the Titans involved in that project... was Hyperion himself. Donna acting as mentor for Hyperion's grandchild would make a lot of sense. Donna is actually one of the few people who can legit claim to be Lyta's family. One of the others is Devastation... which... different reason to be interested, but... potential plot hook too.
    ^^*Wow, that’s some crazy stuff; great detective work on your part!

^^*Wow, that’s some crazy stuff; great detective work on your part!
    Diana and Cassie also have reasons for watching over Lyta, but, Donna's is a bit different.

Diana and Cassie also have reasons for watching over Lyta, but, Donna's is a bit different.
    ^^^Donna’s the one I’d explore/like to see explored.

Future Legends

The year is 2120. Typical cyberpunk dystopia. Dr. Carter X. Nichols, descendant of the guy that used to send Batman back in timer with hypnosis, has decided what his future world needs is heroes. Using "time snares" an invention of his own, he manages to trap several heroes from the past and awaken them in his time, of course putting them back is something he never actually thought of.

The team consists of...

Dr. Carter X. Nichols: Not really a member of the team, but he got them into the future, and he provides them with gadgets and a place to saty. He's a bit Doc Brown and a bit Professor Farnsworth.

Arrowette: She never really wanted to be a superhero and had put her costume days behind her, or so she thought. Still, even in the future, she'd rather just help Nichols around the base than suit up and fight crime.

General Glory: The cliche boy-scout of a superhero take up to eleven, and now thrust into a world more cynical than he's ever known.

Joker's Daughter: So times she claims to be Two-Face's daughter, sometimes Riddler's, sometimes Penguins, etc. Her own memory seems to be a bit messy. She's pretty sure she used to be a Teen Titan and might have run around in some kind of Leatherface style mask for a while. She's the very definition of a person that tries perhaps too hard.

Crimson Avenger: The most jaded, and thus the most at home in her new time. As something of a minor spirit of Vengeance, she's sometimes pulled away from the team's missions in order to fulfill her own goals.

Firestorm: Ronnie Raymond, the heavy hitter of the team and most "normal" one here. However his merging with Martin Stein has been affected by the time travel and sometimes acts a bit glitchy.

Elongated Man: While not acting as a typical team leader, he tends to be the rational one of the group.

Sue Dibny: Sue knew that her husband would someday return, even when nobody else believed it, and she was right. Sadly, by the time he returned, she was long dead. Being a ghost isn't that bad though and the couple seems to be handling it well.

Captain Boomerang: What do you mean the Suicide Squad wasn't a team of heroes? Did Nichols get it wrong? Oops... well, it's not like Boomerbutt has anywhere else to go.

Jack O'Lantern: Because every team needs at least one mysterious mystic guy, right? Honestly, I just really like the guy's costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Future Legends

The year is 2120. Typical cyberpunk dystopia. Dr. Carter X. Nichols, descendant of the guy that used to send Batman back in timer with hypnosis, has decided what his future world needs is heroes. Using "time snares" an invention of his own, he manages to trap several heroes from the past and awaken them in his time, of course putting them back is something he never actually thought of.

The team consists of...

Dr. Carter X. Nichols: Not really a member of the team, but he got them into the future, and he provides them with gadgets and a place to saty. He's a bit Doc Brown and a bit Professor Farnsworth.

Arrowette: She never really wanted to be a superhero and had put her costume days behind her, or so she thought. Still, even in the future, she'd rather just help Nichols around the base than suit up and fight crime.

General Glory: The cliche boy-scout of a superhero take up to eleven, and now thrust into a world more cynical than he's ever known.

Joker's Daughter: So times she claims to be Two-Face's daughter, sometimes Riddler's, sometimes Penguins, etc. Her own memory seems to be a bit messy. She's pretty sure she used to be a Teen Titan and might have run around in some kind of Leatherface style mask for a while. She's the very definition of a person that tries perhaps too hard.

Crimson Avenger: The most jaded, and thus the most at home in her new time. As something of a minor spirit of Vengeance, she's sometimes pulled away from the team's missions in order to fulfill her own goals.

Firestorm: Ronnie Raymond, the heavy hitter of the team and most "normal" one here. However his merging with Martin Stein has been affected by the time travel and sometimes acts a bit glitchy.

Elongated Man: While not acting as a typical team leader, he tends to be the rational one of the group.

Sue Dibny: Sue knew that her husband would someday return, even when nobody else believed it, and she was right. Sadly, by the time he returned, she was long dead. Being a ghost isn't that bad though and the couple seems to be handling it well.

Captain Boomerang: What do you mean the Suicide Squad wasn't a team of heroes? Did Nichols get it wrong? Oops... well, it's not like Boomerbutt has anywhere else to go.

Jack O'Lantern: Because every team needs at least one mysterious mystic guy, right? Honestly, I just really like the guy's costume.
    ^^^Great concept and line up.
    I really like you using Ralph and Sue as a team, and Ralph as unofficial leader.
    The mix of personalities from goody goody to cutthroat would make for both fun AND drama!

I’m totally jelly.