Page 105 of 136 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2033

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^I'm surprised that’s never been done. The current Danger Street book is in the ballpark but a pure Kirby character crossover would be cool!
    Indeed. Yhere is a lot of potential there.

^^^I think your choice of The Demon (a human w. a monstrous barely controlled oddly colored alter ego) would really work better as the Hulk.
    I kicked myself for not seeing that!
    Grant Morrison tried to do it in Seven Soldiers but Frankenstein was the chosen one in the end.

Now, to your Kirby Defenders, I oposse... Ditko's Defenders!! (AKA the Unity, but I like more Atlas Force):

Unity.jpg

The cosmic powered alien, the royal from an enigmatig realm surrounded by darkness; The man who can change himself and reality (and change is magic); the man with an uncontrollable monster inside him; the sworder with an strange relationship to death; an urban vililante who is the odd man out of the team.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 11-09-2023 at 10:00 AM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

^^^Claw seems both the odd man out AND a good fit!
    How’d you do that?!?
    To my knowledge, he's actually a space character himself.

In later stories it was revealed that Claw existed on the same world (Pytharia) as the original Starfire, which is apparently not Earth. Both Starfire and Claw were revealed as two of the "eternal champions of the Sornaii". The implications of this revelation were never explored, as the series ended in a cliffhanger.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claw_the_Unconquered

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post

Grant Morrison tried to do it in Seven Soldiers but Frankenstein was the chosen one in the end.

Now, to your Kirby Defenders, I oposse... Ditko's Defenders!! (AKA the Unity, but I like more Atlas Force):

Unity.jpg

The cosmic powered alien, the royal from an enigmatig realm surrounded by darkness; The man who can change himself and reality (and change is magic); the man with an uncontrollable monster inside him; the sworder with an strange relationship to death; an urban vililante who is the odd man out of the team.
    I recognize Nightshade and Creeper. Who are the others?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post

Unity.jpg

^^^Morrison needs to check out OUR team builds.

Your Ditko team would be an F’ing blast to read!
    I could see the late great Kieth Giffen as the writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    To my knowledge, he's actually a space character himself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claw_the_Unconquered
    ^^^Well spank my butt and call me Susan!
    I did NOT know that.
    How cool!

If Thor-Ul doesn't mind me answering for him:

Prince Gavyn Starman
    Nightshade
    Shade the Changing Man
    The Creeper
    Stalker
    Odd Man

Starman; Nightshade
    Shade the Changing man; Creeper
    Stalker; OddMan

All Steve Ditko characters for DC.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    If Thor-Ul doesn't mind me answering for him:

Prince Gavyn Starman
    Nightshade
    Shade the Changing Man
    The Creeper
    Stalker
    Odd Man
    You beat me for one minute!! Hahaha. Yes, I don't mind.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 11-10-2023 at 02:19 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

RED STAR
    Leonid Kovar doesn’t always agree w. his Govt. but he loves his Country. It’s why he grudgingly takes command of the Kremlin’s latest pet project, the Winter Guard.

PERUN
    Ivana Molotova’s had several different codenames, costumes, and motivations. She’s taken on yet another new codename and gotten a new costume design, hoping these’ll stick.

SABBAC
    Russian crime boss Ishmael Gregor’s Putin approved pardon was predicated on two things. That as Sabbac he serve as the Winter Guard’s heavy hitter, and that he commit no new crimes (on Russian soil).

VOSTOK-X
    The physically enhanced, up armored Cosmonaut is a pretty straightforward person. He simply wants to use his gifts in a productive manner, and for a just cause.

GRAY WOLF
    Dubbed “the Chechen Batman” by some, the quietly intense street level bruiser doesn’t particularly like being drafted onto the Winter Guard.

RED LANTERN
    The Winter Guard's first mission sees them investigating a bizzare energy event and recovering the confused, recently returned Golden Age hero. Now their mission statement is to acclimate Vladimir Sokov to the modern world, and convince him the Winter Guard is the home he so desperately needs now.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 11-11-2023 at 10:16 AM.

Old JLA lineup from a few years ago I’d forgotten about.

Teen Titans: Lost Generation

Robin (Nightwing)

Jason now has his team of Titans to lead. Fighting various metahuman, alien, and mystical threats.

Supergirl (Wonder Girl)

Part of a legacy. Linda Danvers' angelic elemental powers make her an excellent addition to the Titans

Kid Devil (Kid Flash)

A superhero fanboy who purposefully gave themselves demonic powers to fight alongside his idol/mentor.

Phantasm (Raven)

A Young psychic who has been possessed by a multitude of souls from Azarath. Phantasm is the team's resident psychic and mystic.

Argent (Beast Boy)

A teenage alien hybrid with a power that correlates with her distinctive appearance.

Hotspot (Cyborg)

Isaiah qualified to enter college, but on his first day at Ivy University, he and two other students his life was about to be changed forever when he discovered his alien heritage.

Prysm (Starfire)

A six-foot-four tall woman with the ability to metabolize solar energy for strength and power.

Risk (Jericho/Terra)

Risk's missing limb does not prevent him from being a hero he has fought hard times and struggles and he wants to get back up again.

Honorary Members: Kyle Rayner, Ravager and CM3
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Incognito; 11-15-2023 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Teen Titans: Lost Generation

Robin (Nightwing)

Jason now has his team of Titans to lead. Fighting various metahuman, alien, and mystical threats.

Supergirl (Wonder Girl)

Part of a legacy. Linda Danvers' angelic elemental powers make her an excellent addition to the Titans

Kid Devil (Kid Flash)

A superhero fanboy who purposefully gave themselves demonic powers to fight alongside his idol/mentor.

Phantasm (Raven)

A Young psychic who has been possessed by a multitude of souls from Azarath. Phantasm is the team's resident psychic and mystic.

Argent (Beast Boy)

A teenage alien hybrid with a power that correlates with her distinctive appearance.

Hotspot (Cyborg)

Isaiah qualified to enter college, but on his first day at Ivy University, he and two other students his life was about to be changed forever when he discovered his alien heritage.

Prysm (Starfire)

A six-foot-four tall woman with the ability to metabolize solar energy for strength and power.

Risk (Jericho/Terra)

Risk's missing limb does not prevent him from being a hero he has fought hard times and struggles and he wants to get back up again.

Honorary Members: Kyle Rayner, Ravager and CM3
    ^^^Cool line up!
    Risk is a favorite of mine, despite (or maybe because of) his crappy treatment by creators.

^^^A couple of years ago (way back on pg.39) I did a villain team using the original Avengers lineup(s) as a template w. David Cain as the superhumanly skilled human who assumes leadership, the godly steppenwolf, the armored Raptor, the hulking Grundy, and a couple of insect themed characters.
    Wanted to turn it into a Kooky Quartet type team after Cain has to start over from scratch…:

DAVID CAIN
    One of the world’s deadliest assassins, looking to take things in a different direction by recruiting some new blood.

INERTIA
    Because speed kills. Wearing Kid Zoom colors for the lulz.

ENCANTADORA
    She can go from wide eyed and innocent to sexy and seductive on a dime. Plus she has magic, of course.

CAPTAIN BOOMERANG
    Cocky bad boy w. a signature weapon who immediately starts to second guess his leader, the ‘old man’, Cain.

Had an idea inspired by this...

300mm-arrow-high-power-traffic-light-6.jpg

... don't have a name for the group though.

_cc107baf-9b4b-4f72-b707-e6eae71cca46.jpg

Green Arrow - Connor Hawke
    Red Arrow - Emiko Queen
    Golden Arrow - Lian Harper

Quote Originally Posted by Icefan View Post
    Had an idea inspired by this...

300mm-arrow-high-power-traffic-light-6.jpg

... don't have a name for the group though.

_cc107baf-9b4b-4f72-b707-e6eae71cca46.jpg

Green Arrow - Connor Hawke
    Red Arrow - Emiko Queen
    Golden Arrow - Lian Harper
    ^^^Sweet!

Three crossed arrows represent friendship, so that could be their symbol?

[center]Wanted to turn it into a Kooky Quartet type team after Cain has to start over from scratch…:

DAVID CAIN
    One of the world’s deadliest assassins, looking to take things in a different direction by recruiting some new blood.

INERTIA
    Because speed kills. Wearing Kid Zoom colors for the lulz.

ENCANTADORA
    She can go from wide eyed and innocent to sexy and seductive on a dime. Plus she has magic, of course.

CAPTAIN BOOMERANG
    Cocky bad boy w. a signature weapon who immediately starts to second guess his leader, the ‘old man’, Cain.
    that is a neat team idea. Especially since Encantadora isn't one of the "best" but quite there.

^^^Sweet!

Three crossed arrows represent friendship, so that could be their symbol?
    Yeah, now that you mention it, I'm reminded of the Japanese story of The Three Arrows...

The Japanese story of The Three Arrows is a legend about a feudal lord named Mōri Motonari, who ruled over the Chūgoku region in the 16th century. He wanted to teach his three sons the importance of unity and cooperation, so he gave them a lesson with three arrows. He asked each son to break one arrow, which they did easily. Then he gave them three arrows bundled together and asked them to break them all at once, which they could not. He explained that one arrow can be broken easily, but three arrows held together are strong and unbreakable. He urged his sons to work together for the benefit of their clan and their region. It is also a symbol of the Buddhist concept of sangha, or the community of practitioners.