Page 116 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2033

Quote Originally Posted by Icefan View Post
    No Machine Man?
    ^^^LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^LOL!
    ironically, MM was a member of the Avengers AI team that Marvel already did a while back. it was Vision, Aaron, Victor Shade, a Doombot and someone else I'm forgetting, as the line-up

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    ironically, MM was a member of the Avengers AI team that Marvel already did a while back. it was Vision, Aaron, Victor Shade, a Doombot and someone else I'm forgetting, as the line-up
    ^^^I think everybody forgot THAT lineup!

^^^I think everybody forgot THAT lineup!
    it completely ignored a bunch of characters who would have worked perfectly in that setting too: Jocasta, Danger, M-11, Warlock (the technarch New Mutants guy, not Adam), an Adaptoid... could've been a lot better than it was, for sure

GridArt_20240203_103429663.jpg

Task Force eXiles

Bloodsport (Earth-Prime)

The leader of the task force that deals with threats throughout the multiverse and acquiring and "recruiting" villains, items, or metamaterials that will be useful for Amanda Waller. Dubois is armed with a high-tech military suit with nanotech-based weaponry making him a deadly marksman.

Harley Quinn (Earth-52)

A young Harley Quinn in her early 20s has a similar history to her prime counterpart before her road to redemption. Amanda Waller has always known that while HQ is crazy, unpredictable,e and impulsive she is always an essential asset to this task force. The Wall has now a clown that she not only controls but owns as well.

Captain Boomerang (Earth-Prime)

OG Member of Task Force X who is now been drafted into Task Force eXiles because of his vast experience. Darkness has a rivalry with Dubois thinking that he should lead the team. Boomerang is an excellent long-range combat with his boomerang and now equipped with a speed-force gauntlet, he is now the fastest boomerang alive!

Match (Earth-Prime)

Amanda Waller's very own Superboy and the Team's moral compass. Match alongside Nocturna the only one who has morality in the task force and they don't like the jobs they do but still need to be done if they want to be free.

Nocturna (Earth-43)

Nocturna's vampiric abilities make her a key asset with her ability to gather information through hypnosis and enhanced physique for combat. Unlike Match, Nocturna does not believe that she, Match, and the Squad will never be free and will forever do Waller's bidding.

Black Siren (Earth-3)

"Recruited" by the Suicide Squad. Black Siren's sound-based power makes her a utility player with her ability to detect sound frequencies and emit a powerful sonic scream in the field.

Clayface (Earth-23)
    Team's Monster. Clayface's mastery of shapeshifting makes him a formidable force both in and out of the field

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    GridArt_20240203_103429663.jpg

Task Force eXiles

Bloodsport (Earth-Prime)

The leader of the task force that deals with threats throughout the multiverse and acquiring and "recruiting" villains, items, or metamaterials that will be useful for Amanda Waller. Dubois is armed with a high-tech military suit with nanotech-based weaponry making him a deadly marksman.

Harley Quinn (Earth-52)

A young Harley Quinn in her early 20s has a similar history to her prime counterpart before her road to redemption. Amanda Waller has always known that while HQ is crazy, unpredictable,e and impulsive she is always an essential asset to this task force. The Wall has now a clown that she not only controls but owns as well.

Captain Boomerang (Earth-Prime)

OG Member of Task Force X who is now been drafted into Task Force eXiles because of his vast experience. Darkness has a rivalry with Dubois thinking that he should lead the team. Boomerang is an excellent long-range combat with his boomerang and now equipped with a speed-force gauntlet, he is now the fastest boomerang alive!

Match (Earth-Prime)

Amanda Waller's very own Superboy and the Team's moral compass. Match alongside Nocturna the only one who has morality in the task force and they don't like the jobs they do but still need to be done if they want to be free.

Nocturna (Earth-43)

Nocturna's vampiric abilities make her a key asset with her ability to gather information through hypnosis and enhanced physique for combat. Unlike Match, Nocturna does not believe that she, Match, and the Squad will never be free and will forever do Waller's bidding.

Black Siren (Earth-3)

"Recruited" by the Suicide Squad. Black Siren's sound-based power makes her a utility player with her ability to detect sound frequencies and emit a powerful sonic scream in the field.

Clayface (Earth-23)
    Team's Monster. Clayface's mastery of shapeshifting makes him a formidable force both in and out of the field
    ^^^This is clever from the name to the lineup. Awesome!

I did this over in the Marvel section and decided to try it here, too. The best Avengers teams were the ones to have a solid mix of characters with their own books and characters without, so you can still have character growth within the team title unimpacted by the solo books, an idea that applies to the Justice League, too. Taking that idea to the extreme, here's a team of previous League members who've never had their own solo title, either in the Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age, whatever. And we're talking having headlined their own series, mini, or one-shot, so a solo story in, say, an anthology book doesn't disqualify them but a solo book in a publishing initiative (like Girlfrenzy or the Helmet of Fate) does. I'm mainly looking at the main League team, regardless of what it was called at the time, not any of the tangential off-shoots like Justice League Arcana from Trinity or something like Justice League Queer. Times when there were two existing main teams, like JLA/JLE or Justice League of America/Justice League, are allowed.

The team is:

Commander Steel - Recently returned after seemingly dying for a second time, the grandson of the WWII-era Commander Steel falls back on what was the happiest time in his life: his time serving on the League in Detroit. He has a lot to make up for, including his own irrational actions that led to him being killed, as well as the tarnished legacy of his grandfather. As a result, Steel will be the member who works hardest to make sure the team is doing all the good it can.

Doctor Light - Though always having been active in the background, Dr. Light took a big step forward during the Dark Crisis, playing an instrumental role in the heroes' eventual victory. Between her new stature in the superhero scene and the expansion in her powers, Light joins the new League, in part because all of the scientific/financial resources available to her through the League's various former members/benefactors will allow her to study her condition more...though without the godawful new armor she picked up.

Tasmanian Devil - Having previously worked with the League, multiple incarnations of the Global Guardians, the Ultramarines, and the Sleeping Soldiers, as well as having been killed and resurrected, Tasmanian Devil feels like he's ready to return to the big time, to a team with the longest reach where he'll do the most good. One of the more physically imposing members, Tas will have fun playing with his powers, which apparently now seem to manifest in both a larger, bulkier form and a leaner, more sinewy and vicious form.

Firehawk - Having the distinction of serving in the incredibly short-lived League of the 52 series, Firehawk is a hero who's never had much of a chance to shine on her own, always appearing solely as a supporting player for a headlining hero (even her membership in the League was alongside said headliner). Fairly limited post-New 52 (and actively replaced during it), Firehawk's presence on the team, as her own character and hero, gives her the opportunity to show she's worthy of being her on her own.

Bloodwynd - A "non-member" member who's very introduction was in deceit, the actual Bloodwynd has never had a real chance to regularly work alongside other members of the team...not that he would necessarily want to. With the dark nature of his powers and his reserved personality, Bloodwynd is definitely someone who works best alone. Still, he feels compelled to join the team, perhaps sensing an impending threat that will require their efforts alongside his own.

Jesse Quick - Another legacy of a pair of WWII-era heroes, although ones with a much better standing, Jesse Quick is arguably the most quintessential superhero member of the team, more than living up to the memories of her parents. Jesse comes to the team with a style, professionalism, and attitude that makes her the de facto leader, though others might take issue with that. Having no interest in dealing with the upheaval of the JSA, she joins with the blessing of stay-at-home dad Hourman.

Geo-Force - To say Geo-Force's inclusion on the team runs the risk of being problematic is an understatement. Vacillating between the airs of blueblood aristocracy, a sensitive grounded nature, and a hotheaded emotional rage, Geo-Force is on something of a redemption tour after his actions in the Shadow War. Even though his powers are a tremendous asset to the team and he's been vouched for by a certain pointy-eared founder, Geo-Force still runs the risk of rubbing his teammates the wrong way...particularly in matters of leadership.

Element Woman - A League member in the New 52 era, Element Woman left to join the Doom Patrol, but has been seen in none of that team's appearances since Rebirth. Maybe a refugee in the current DCU continuity post-Doomsday Clock, Element Woman eventually finds her way back to different League that will help her find a home. Given how little of her past was ever told and her complete absence from the comics post-New 52, she's the character who could be built upon and developed the most, with her slightly needy, self-involved personality butting up against other characters. I'll admit I'm not a fan of Element Woman, but I do think there aren't any bad characters, just bad writing of characters, and I'd love for someone to change my mind about her.

And that's it! As I said in the Avengers post, I'm almost certain none of these characters have led their own books, but correct me if I'm wrong!
    Last edited by Kaijudo; 02-07-2024 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    I did this over in the Marvel section and decided to try it here, too. The best Avengers teams were the ones to have a solid mix of characters with their own books and characters without, so you can still have character growth within the team title unimpacted by the solo books, an idea that applies to the Justice League, too. Taking that idea to the extreme, here's a team of previous League members who've never had their own solo title, either in the Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age, whatever. And we're talking having headlined their own series, mini, or one-shot, so a solo story in, say, an anthology book doesn't disqualify them but a solo book in a publishing initiative (like Girlfrenzy or the Helmet of Fate) does. I'm mainly looking at the main League team, regardless of what it was called at the time, not any of the tangential off-shoots like Justice League Arcana from Trinity or something like Justice League Queer. Times when there were two existing main teams, like JLA/JLE or Justice League of America/Justice League, are allowed.

The team is:

Commander Steel - Recently returned after seemingly dying for a second time, the grandson of the WWII-era Commander Steel falls back on what was the happiest time in his life: his time serving on the League in Detroit. He has a lot to make up for, including his own irrational actions that led to him being killed, as well as the tarnished legacy of his grandfather. As a result, Steel will be the member who works hardest to make sure the team is doing all the good it can.

Doctor Light - Though always having been active in the background, Dr. Light took a big step forward during the Dark Crisis, playing an instrumental role in the heroes' eventual victory. Between her new stature in the superhero scene and the expansion in her powers, Light joins the new League, in part because all of the scientific/financial resources available to her through the League's various former members/benefactors will allow her to study her condition more...though without the godawful new armor she picked up.

Tasmanian Devil - Having previously worked with the League, multiple incarnations of the Global Guardians, the Ultramarines, and the Sleeping Soldiers, as well as having been killed and resurrected, Tasmanian Devil feels like he's ready to return to the big time, to a team with the longest reach where he'll do the most good. One of the more physically imposing members, Tas will have fun playing with his powers, which apparently now seem to manifest in both a larger, bulkier form and a leaner, more sinewy and vicious form.

Firehawk - Having the distinction of serving in the incredibly short-lived League of the 52 series, Firehawk is a hero who's never had much of a chance to shine on her own, always appearing solely as a supporting player for a headlining hero (even her membership in the League was alongside said headliner). Fairly limited post-New 52 (and actively replaced during it), Firehawk's presence on the team, as her own character and hero, gives her the opportunity to show she's worthy of being her on her own.

Bloodwynd - A "non-member" member who's very introduction was in deceit, the actual Bloodwynd has never had a real chance to regularly work alongside other members of the team...not that he would necessarily want to. With the dark nature of his powers and his reserved personality, Bloodwynd is definitely someone who works best alone. Still, he feels compelled to join the team, perhaps sensing an impending threat that will require their efforts alongside his own.

Jesse Quick - Another legacy of a pair of WWII-era heroes, although ones with a much better standing, Jesse Quick is arguably the most quintessential superhero member of the team, more than living up to the memories of her parents. Jesse comes to the team with a style, professionalism, and attitude that makes her the de facto leader, though others might take issue with that. Having no interest in dealing with the upheaval of the JSA, she joins with the blessing of stay-at-home dad Hourman.

Geo-Force - To say Geo-Force's inclusion on the team runs the risk of being problematic is an understatement. Vacillating between the airs of blueblood aristocracy, a sensitive grounded nature, and a hotheaded emotional rage, Geo-Force is on something of a redemption tour after his actions in the Shadow War. Even though his powers are a tremendous asset to the team and he's been vouched for by a certain pointy-eared founder, Geo-Force still runs the risk of rubbing his teammates the wrong way...particularly in matters of leadership.

Element Woman - A League member in the New 52 era, Element Woman left to join the Doom Patrol, but has been seen in none of that team's appearances since Rebirth. Maybe a refugee in the current DCU continuity post-Doomsday Clock, Element Woman eventually finds her way back to different League that will help her find a home. Given how little of her past was ever told and her complete absence from the comics post-New 52, she's the character who could be built upon and developed the most, with her slightly needy, self-involved personality butting up against other characters. I'll admit I'm not a fan of Element Woman, but I do think there aren't any bad characters, just bad writing of characters, and I'd love for someone to change my mind about her.

And that's it! As I said in the Avengers post, I'm almost certain none of these characters have led their own books, but correct me if I'm wrong!
    ^^^Man, I am really impressed by these two builds of yours. You really went all in. Thanks for sharing them!

DC is already giving me the team I want with the “Ape-ril Special” coming in a couple months. TAKE MY MONEY, DC!

Using the the patented Defenders archetypes for a quick build…

DR. MIST
    The centuries old Sorcerer would rather go it alone, but knows he needs some physical backup to buy him time to work his magic. With not a lot of options he goes on to recruit…

JOSIAH POWER
    The hulking, incredibly erudite energy manipulating attorney at law disagrees on pretty much every subject with…

WISE SON
    The completely invulnerable, street savvy ex-gang leader, who is more than willing to make those disagreements physical.

NIX UOTAN
    The last Monitor of the Multiverse considers himself above all of his teammates’ petty squabbling. Honestly if the stakes weren’t so high, he’d have refused Dr. Mist’s request for aid.

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    DC is already giving me the team I want with the “Ape-ril Special” coming in a couple months. TAKE MY MONEY, DC!
    ^^^First I’m hearing of this.
    I’m up for more Gorilla-Warfare!

THE LOBO FAMILY

Lobo (as Captain Marvel)
    Slobo (as Captain Marvel Jr.)
    Crush (as Mary Marvel)
    Lobo The Duck (as Hoppy The Marvel Bunny)
    Lobo One Million (as Uncle Marvel)

Feetal’s Gizz is their version of Holy Moley

New 52 Lobo (as Black Adam)

BOOSTER GOLD
    A time traveler from the future who’s putting together a group of young heroes (most of which have connections to Young Justice) and turns them into a lean mean strike team.

SUPERBOY
    Faster than a speeding bullet, Superboy is Booster’s right hand man who keeps the team in line and enforces his orders.

ROCKET
    Her energy powers include explosive punches that can put guys as strong as Icon on his ass.

SLOBO
    He’s Booster’s short tempered rampaging physical juggernaut, always ready to go on the warpath.

SON OF VULCAN
    He wears alien space armor, weilds a monomolecular sword, and has a hand shaped scar over one eye.

ARTEMIS CROCK
    A fierce fighter and hunter in a feline themed costume who unofficially goes by the name Tigress.

HARLEY QUINN
    Booster and his chalk white one time kinda sorta gf are still on good terms, and she’s agreed to help him whip the team into shape, teaching them some cutthroat tactics.

^^^This is clever from the name to the lineup. Awesome!
    Thanks.

--

Created a team of teenage superheroes without being part of either the Teen Titans or the Young Justice brand.

THE META-TEENS

Bunker and Solstice (two meta-gene active metas) found out that there was a set of teenagers who were captured and underwent experimentation to trigger their metagenes. Solsitce having experience with Harvest, a mad scientist who forcibly activated a secondary mutation granting her "smoky black form" felt that they needed to find and rescue these teens.

BUNKER

Miguel wass fortunate enough to not be captured and have his power recently manifested to fight his pursuers. Having experience in a team of superheroes and working with other heroes such as Red Hood and Wonder Woman. By default, Miguel makes the best leader of this ragtag group of Metas because of his powers, experience, and personality.

SOLSTICE

Kiran Singh used to be a beacon of light figuratively and literally but it all has changed ever since her trauma with Harvest that forcibly activated a secondary mutation she now embraces herself as an elemental powerhouse with a new attitude.

THUNDERCORE

Alexei was formerly known as Thunder and is the older twin of Alexa. He has the metahuman ability to manipulate thunder emitting immensely powerful shockwaves.

AMPERSHOCK

Alexa was formerly known as Lightning and is the younger twin of Alexei. She has the metahuman ability to control/influence electrical phenomena within the upper atmosphere allowing her to summon lightning as well as manipulate the shape and size of those said energy.

SPACIAL

Eduardo Dorado Jr is the street-wise teen who has the metahuman ability to create distortions within space but primarily uses it for teleportation because it is a safer application of his space bending power.

HALCYON

Tye Longshadow alongside five other metas has been captured and experienced which activated their hidden potential. Tye has the ability to manifest an astral form in the shape of a muscular body, of varying size. He also have the ability to perceive and interact with the astral plane and gain insight from that said plane from deep mediatitve training

SEISHIN

Asami Koizumi is a teenage Japanese girl who was born with a mystically enriched meta-gene that allows her to harness her inner latent energy, gain superhuman capabilities and use them in combat as well as the ability to exert invisible energy from her body. She goes by the name "Seishin" which means 'spirit' in Japanese.

GridArt_20240216_144829745.jpg
    Last edited by Incognito; 02-16-2024 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Thanks.

--

Created a team of teenage superheroes without being part of either the Teen Titans or the Young Justice brand.

THE META-TEENS

Bunker and Solstice (two meta-gene active metas) found out that there was a set of teenagers who were captured and underwent experimentation to trigger their metagenes. Solsitce having experience with Harvest, a mad scientist who forcibly activated a secondary mutation granting her "smoky black form" felt that they needed to find and rescue these teens.

BUNKER

Miguel wass fortunate enough to not be captured and have his power recently manifested to fight his pursuers. Having experience in a team of superheroes and working with other heroes such as Red Hood and Wonder Woman. By default, Miguel makes the best leader of this ragtag group of Metas because of his powers, experience, and personality.

SOLSTICE

Kiran Singh used to be a beacon of light figuratively and literally but it all has changed ever since her trauma with Harvest that forcibly activated a secondary mutation she now embraces herself as an elemental powerhouse with a new attitude.

THUNDERCORE

Alexei was formerly known as Thunder and is the older twin of Alexa. He has the metahuman ability to manipulate thunder emitting immensely powerful shockwaves.

AMPERSHOCK

Alexa was formerly known as Lightning and is the younger twin of Alexei. She has the metahuman ability to control/influence electrical phenomena within the upper atmosphere allowing her to summon lightning as well as manipulate the shape and size of those said energy.

SPACIAL

Eduardo Dorado Jr is the street-wise teen who has the metahuman ability to create distortions within space but primarily uses it for teleportation because it is a safer application of his space bending power.

HALCYON

Tye Longshadow alongside five other metas has been captured and experienced which activated their hidden potential. Tye has the ability to manifest an astral form in the shape of a muscular body, of varying size.

SEISHIN

Asami Koizumi is a teenage Japanese girl who was born with a mystically enriched meta-gene that allows her to harness her inner latent energy, gain superhuman capabilities and use them in combat as well as the ability to exert invisible energy from her body. She goes by the name "Seishin" which means 'spirit' in Japanese.

GridArt_20240216_144829745.jpg
    ^^^I like this seven man band!