Page 38 of 136 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    With some exceptions like the recent runs at Archie and the upcoming Liefield version-most of their stuff is not in trades.

I think the issue for them and this is an issue Archie has is-not every store stock those books. Even with the Dark Line and recent reboot-it's crapshoot if you could find the books.

I would say in the right hands-you could easily have a book line that could get you into the kids/teen market.
    I’m both looking forward to and apprehensive about the Liefeld project.

I've been thinking a lot about Conner Kent and Tim Drake and how I personally would move them forward, and eventuqlly it got onto the topic of what could be done with their generation of Young Justice from the 90s. I like Titans Academy as steo forward for the Titans generation because it turns the Titans into this internal defender of the superhero community as a whole. It's a way to give them a different purpose than that of the Justice League. Young Justice also needs a new name and their own purpose, and based on the directions I envision for them, this would be how the team would work:

I think the Young Justice generation's new team should be the Cold Cases division. They are trying to fix the failures of other generations that went unpunished. They are worried about the people that got stomped all over and lost hope and desire for trying to have a better life, and they want to find a way to honor the tragedies of the past. Maybe they hunt down a villain that dissapeared, or try to ressurect someone who the world needs right now, or they travel in time and do the fights that the Justice League were too busy to do, and then erase all memory of their time shenanigans.

I don't think we've had a team like this until now. I just can't for the life of me come up with a good name for the team.
    Last edited by Alpha; 01-10-2021 at 11:47 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I've been thinking a lot about Conner Kent and Tim Drake and how I personally would move them forward, and eventuqlly it got onto the topic of what could be done with their generation of Young Justice from the 90s. I like Titans Academy as steo forward for the Titans generation because it turns the Titans into this internal defender of the superhero community as a whole. It's a way to give them a different purpose than that of the Justice League. Young Justice also needs a new name and their own purpose, and based on the directions I envision for them, this would be how the team would work:

I think the Young Justice generation's new team should be the Cold Cases division. They are trying to fix the failures of other generations that went unpunished. They are worried about the people that got stomped all over and lost hope and desire for trying to have a better life, and they want to find a way to honor the tragedies of the past. Maybe they hunt down a villain that dissapeared, or try to ressurect someone who the world needs right now, or they travel in time and do the fights that the Justice League were too busy to do, and then erase all memory of their time shenanigans.

I don't think we've had a team like this until now. I just can't for the life of me come up with a good name for the team.
    Something that reflects their focus on righting forgotten wrongs or something. A good word eludes me too! Sadly Avengers is taken.

Perhaps something like Vigilance or the Watch?

I could see the team get into this sort of thing because they end up with an archive of old Justice League cases and find a connection to some current day shenanigans going on and it begs the question, what other 'unfinished business' is out there, old villain lairs or tech, for instance, that could become a threat once again if not checked up on more frequently (oh look, a new wannabe-bad-guy has stumbled on this old Brainiac lair and wants to go into business for himself with this stuff!).

And so they dig through the archive of past missions to find strings that got left hanging as the new crisis du jour kicked the can further down the road for the League, and, through no fault of their own, they couldn't find time to dot the I's and cross the T's.

It could be a fun way to re-examine / re-contextualize some older League missions. (But stick to older missions, I don't want the younger generation to come across as handling follow-up for *current* League missions, like they're some sort of clean-up crew that trails behind to handle the light work!) Plus some of these 'older missions' could be tales that we never saw, so the writer can go nuts. It could even be lampshaded in the story. "I never heard about Brainiac taking over Australia..." "It says here everyone lost their memories of the time when the cyber-virus turned them all into drones. Everybody woke up a day later and nobody knew what had happened!"

Yeah man, all good ideas. It could be fun and interesting.

I thought of Skeleton Tribunal or Dust Tribunal. The idea of justice stays as a connective tissue with Justice League. But I don't know if it feels like a superhero team or not.
    Last edited by Alpha; 01-11-2021 at 04:25 AM.

The above posts were pretty interesting reading.
    Glad I came in here today!

A Justice League B Team, complete w. their own archenemy...:

It's actually a cool line up im terms of visuals. Their color schemes really blend well together.

^^^thank you.

Edited for content.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 08-24-2021 at 04:13 PM.

Is Phantom Stranger a super hero tho? I haven't read much of him hut I always saw him as just the guy that comes to warn others and showing the judgment of this eternal presence. Didn't see him participating in events

Is Phantom Stranger a super hero tho? I haven't read much of him hut I always saw him as just the guy that comes to warn others and showing the judgment of this eternal presence. Didn't see him participating in events
    Portrayals vary.
    PS has done some punching...

...and been punched in return.

Besides showing up to warn the JLA he’s been associated w. several magic based teams like The Quintessence, Sentinels of Magic, Trenchcoat Brigade, Shadowpact, Spirit Squad and did some time as a Lord of Order.

BTW, thanks for the feedback it’s great to know ppl actually look at these things!

Actually I only come here from time to time. I prefer to have conversations about things and from what I've seen this thread is usually just people offering a line up of characters with a theme. It's more interesting to me to talk about potential stories and how these teams would add to a characters development

Actually I only come here from time to time. I prefer to have conversations about things and from what I've seen this thread is usually just people offering a line up of characters with a theme. It's more interesting to me to talk about potential stories and how these teams would add to a characters development
    I usually try and add exposition to my builds, and if asked would def. talk about how the characters might play off each other etc. but mostly no one ever asks.

Still, I like doing these, and so I just keep posting them for ppl to look at if they want.

Fair enough. I'll try to ask whenever a team grabs my curiosity