Page 42 of 136 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Love the line-up, but can't read the type beyond Captain Marvel's name to determine what the source is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Love the line-up, but can't read the type beyond Captain Marvel's name to determine what the source is.
    I think it says: "Captain Marvel and his amazing team"
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I think it says: "Captain Marvel and his amazing team"
    I think you're close but there's some hyphenated phrase in there.

I think you're close but there's some hyphenated phrase in there.
    I crossed out “Zoo Crew”.

Captain Marvel-Captain Carrot
    Skyrocket-Yankee Poodle
    Max Mercury-Fastback
    Elongated Man-Rubber Duck
    Iron-Pig Iron
    Ryan Choi-Little Cheese
    Zatanna-Alley Kat-Abra
    Sky Man-American Eagle

And thanks for liking the line up. You made my day!

I crossed out “Zoo Crew”.

Captain Marvel-Captain Carrot
    Skyrocket-Yankee Poodle
    Max Mercury-Fastback
    Elongated Man-Rubber Duck
    Iron-Pig Iron
    Ryan Choi-Little Cheese
    Zatanna-Alley Kat-Abra
    Sky Man-American Eagle

And thanks for liking the line up. You made my day!
    Hah! Love it. I'm a little embarrassed as Captain Carrot was my first DC Comic back in the day...though to be fair, I've always hated the addition of American Eagle, which seems to miss the point of the more pun-natured names of the rest of the team. So I'll use that as my excuse.

Hah! Love it. I'm a little embarrassed as Captain Carrot was my first DC Comic back in the day...though to be fair, I've always hated the addition of American Eagle, which seems to miss the point of the more pun-natured names of the rest of the team. So I'll use that as my excuse.
    I actually never heard of this American Eagle character till I started doing this build.
    I don’t remember him from the original series, so I’m guessing he showed up later? And yeah, he seems a little Marvel-y for the Zoo Crew; I almost just ignored him but the Sky Man character seemed like a good fit for the team I wound up with.

On paper Justice Society West Coast is a satellite team set up to safeguard America from Axis threats originating in the Pacific theater.

In reality it’s a way for some Govt. higher ups to get certain heroes they don’t approve of away from the more popular JSAers working out of New York.
    They are described in a controversial internal memo as, in order:
    A mystery man no one’s ever heard of, a Jap, a negro, a fish man, and a dame.

Will the team remain out of sight out of mind, or will they rise to the occasion?

On paper Justice Society West Coast is a satellite team set up to safeguard America from Axis threats originating in the Pacific theater.

In reality it’s a way for some Govt. higher ups to get certain heroes they don’t approve of away from the more popular JSAers working out of New York.

Will the team remain out of sight out of mind, or will they rise to the occasion?
    Nah that sounds interesting. Tell us more

LOVE this. Tsunami is a favorite unused character and Dan Garrett is a character I really wish DC would explore more in period books. Dig the other selections, too.

Thanks, guys!
    It’s weird but, this started out as a waaay more lighthearted idea (as West Coast teams are usually more second stringy and odd), and just kinda morphed into something else entirely.

It could make for a really interesting group of stories. Would love to hear your ideas for the series.

Nice! Reminded me of an a idea I had a while back that I had never did anything with...

Black_Trinity.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    It could make for a really interesting group of stories. Would love to hear your ideas for the series.
    ^^^Well, I figure the team'd be set up in a decrepit Govt warehouse in San Fransisco. Something on the docks to provide easy ocean access. Thered be a “support staff” of two other characters who weren’t thought of as JSA material. Genius Jones, a physically stunted man-child w. the tendency to make adults feel stupid and no adult partner to mind him, and Red Tornado, a joke of an old lady w. a pot on her head who has no business anywhere near the likes of Flash or Green Lantetn.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefan View Post
    Nice! Reminded me of an a idea I had a while back that I had never did anything with...

Black_Trinity.jpg
    ^^^nice!
    I really liked Deadly Nightshade on the old Flash TV show. It’s too bad he never emigrated to the actual comics.

So I got bored the other day and went through the every page here, looking back at all the team variations, and I realized there was something nobody had attempted yet...and now having put it together, I can understand why. With that, here's the DC Comics version of the GREAT LAKES AVENGERS.

Buckle up...this one's getting weird.

DCGLA.jpg

Reload - Mister Immortal (both immortal beings who come back to life after dying)
    Rampage - Big Bertha (both small-framed figures who transform into larger-sized powerhouses)
    Plastic Man - Flatman (both stretching heroes capable of expanding and contracting their forms)
    Azrael (no, not THAT one) - Dinah Soar (both gentle flying creatures of unknown origins)
    Sideways - Doorman (both individuals capable of creating portals)
    Misfit - Squirrel Girl (both inherently goofy characters capable of much more than people give them credit for)
    Steel - Grasshopper (both armored identities who get passed on quite frequently when the current owner dies)
    Scratch - Good Boy (both lycanthropic heroes)