Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 259
  1. #61
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Since Nu52’s Legion Lost ended, I’d thought it would be interesting to take those characters, along with some of the fallow characters of the universe which merges DC with Wildstorm. Inferno from the Zero Hour Legion, stranded in our present. Savant, taking the place of Brainiac 5, with Mr. Majestic or Apollo. Maybe Adam Strange & a Green Lantern. With them take a new look at the beyond Earth DCU.

  2. #62
    Extraordinary Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,429

    Default

    DC's version of the "not quite ready for prime-time superteam", The Defenders:
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-31-2019 at 03:17 PM.

  3. #63
    Mighty Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1,723

    Default




  4. #64
    Mighty Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    DC's version of the "not quite ready for prime-time superteam", The Defenders:
    Damn that’s really clever.
    You do really great work, j9ac9k!

  5. #65
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,619

    Default

    DC's Annihilators

    Icon - The counterpart to Gladiator in that they are both Superman stand ins.

    Indigo - The counterpart to Silver Surfer. Both were heralds to massive consumer aliens.

    Blackfire - The counterpart to Ronan the Accuser. An alien who can be both a hero and villain depending on the circumstances.

    Dex Starr - counterpart to Cosmo. They're both space-faring animals.

    Katma Tui - Counterpart to Quasar. I thought of using Kyle in the place of Quasar but figured I'd give Katma more notice and I do like using more obscure or lesser used characters.

    A Reach Scarab warrior whom like Jaime broke free - Counterpart to Ikon the Spaceknight. Both have super armor. Haven't thought of a name for him sadly.

  6. #66
    Mighty Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    DC's Annihilators

    Icon - The counterpart to Gladiator in that they are both Superman stand ins.

    Indigo - The counterpart to Silver Surfer. Both were heralds to massive consumer aliens.

    Blackfire - The counterpart to Ronan the Accuser. An alien who can be both a hero and villain depending on the circumstances.

    Dex Starr - counterpart to Cosmo. They're both space-faring animals.

    Katma Tui - Counterpart to Quasar. I thought of using Kyle in the place of Quasar but figured I'd give Katma more notice and I do like using more obscure or lesser used characters.

    A Reach Scarab warrior whom like Jaime broke free - Counterpart to Ikon the Spaceknight. Both have super armor. Haven't thought of a name for him sadly.
    The Annihilators are a hella tough team to do a one for one swap for, they’re made up of pretty much all unique characters.
    Nice job!

  7. #67
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,619

    Default

    Sentinels of Magic

    Pandora

    Sandman (Sandy Hawkins)

    Tempest (Garth)

    Lilith Clay

    Kwai (Shen Hsien Pu Kwei)

    Sebastian Faust

    Conjura

    Thunder and Lightning (No, not Black Lightning's daughters. The Vietnamese twins that appeared in Wolfman's Teen Titans)

    Bloodwind
    Last edited by Agent Z; 01-06-2020 at 03:50 AM.

  8. #68
    Mighty Member Kaijudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post


    Hah...I just saw this as I'm preparing to do another Marvel Comic that died way too soon, Captain Britain and MI13. Love the line-up! Will do my best not to overlap.

  9. #69
    Mighty Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1,723

    Default

    j9ac9k, I tried a Marvel team based on a DC team based on a Marvel team build, using The Maximums (DC’s version of The Ultimates). Figured i’d go the extra mile and do the side by side comparison you employ.
    Holy cow!
    While I already dug on your build style, actually doing it that way showed me just how difficult it really is. I am NOT doing that again any time soon!


    I didn’t even notice i forgot the names!
    I used US Agent in his Judge Dredd outfit for Soldier.
    Russian Thundergod Perun for Viking, both Axe wielders.
    The Human Robot for Robot.
    A-Bomb for Monster, blue on blue.
    Doc Ock Spidey for Bug. Extra arms, mechanical and natural.
    Atlas for Skyscraper, straightforward big guy swap.
    Yellowjacket for Hornet, as the insect themed heroines.
    Puma for Wolfen as the resident furry guys.

  10. #70
    Mighty Member Kaijudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,092

    Default

    And now Captain Britain and MI13, DC style! With all the members being drawn from DC's British characters:

    1. Captain Britain - Beaumont (both super-strong, super-durable heroes born to wealth)

    2. Black Knight - Shining Knight (recycling this one, but if it ain't broke; both heroes with bladed weapons and ties to medieval times)

    3. Spitfire - Cheetah (both super-speedsters struggling with violent tendencies (at least within the context of Spitfire in the MI13 book))

    4. Blade - The Hood (both hand-to-hand combat types with a predilection for operating in the shadows)

    5. Pete Wisdom - John Constantine (both roguish types with no need for costumes or codenames)

    6. Excalibur - Knight (both younger women with new titles foisted upon them)

  11. #71
    Mighty Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    And now Captain Britain and MI13, DC style! With all the members being drawn from DC's British characters:

    1. Captain Britain - Beaumont (both super-strong, super-durable heroes born to wealth)

    2. Black Knight - Shining Knight (recycling this one, but if it ain't broke; both heroes with bladed weapons and ties to medieval times)

    3. Spitfire - Cheetah (both super-speedsters struggling with violent tendencies (at least within the context of Spitfire in the MI13 book))

    4. Blade - The Hood (both hand-to-hand combat types with a predilection for operating in the shadows)

    5. Pete Wisdom - John Constantine (both roguish types with no need for costumes or codenames)

    6. Excalibur - Knight (both younger women with new titles foisted upon them)
    Nice!
    I did a merged universe version of this once, but straight DC? That’s beyond me.

  12. #72
    Extraordinary Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    j9ac9k, I tried a Marvel team based on a DC team based on a Marvel team build, using The Maximums (DC’s version of The Ultimates). Figured i’d go the extra mile and do the side by side comparison you employ.
    Holy cow!
    While I already dug on your build style, actually doing it that way showed me just how difficult it really is. I am NOT doing that again any time soon!


    I didn’t even notice i forgot the names!
    I used US Agent in his Judge Dredd outfit for Soldier.
    Russian Thundergod Perun for Viking, both Axe wielders.
    The Human Robot for Robot.
    A-Bomb for Monster, blue on blue.
    Doc Ock Spidey for Bug. Extra arms, mechanical and natural.
    Atlas for Skyscraper, straightforward big guy swap.
    Yellowjacket for Hornet, as the insect themed heroines.
    Puma for Wolfen as the resident furry guys.
    Ha - that's awesome! I am flattered that you went with my style. I only did those because I had most of the ideas in my head first - the visuals were a short-cut to not having to verbally explain my reasoning.

  13. #73
    Mighty Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Ha - that's awesome! I am flattered that you went with my style. I only did those because I had most of the ideas in my head first - the visuals were a short-cut to not having to verbally explain my reasoning.
    OMG man, I will stick to writing walls of text, your method is hella cool AND hella hard!

  14. #74
    Astonishing Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,271

    Default

    Honestly just because it’d be nice to have them back and we’ve established some continuity I’d pull an All-new X-men time travel-esque story but with Infinity Inc. However what makes this interesting is that it is pre-crisis Earth 2 Infinity inc. so certain members of the team either have adult counterparts on the present day JSA or do not exist as they are or have died. This way we can make for some return to classic Earth 2 while they travel through the modern DC universe.

    In that case it’s the younger versions of
    Powergirl
    Helena Wayne, Huntress
    Star Spangled Kid
    Nuklon
    Fury
    Silver Scarab
    Northwind
    Brainwave Jr.
    Jade
    Obsidian
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  15. #75

    Default

    So . . . what would the DC Comics version of DAMAGE CONTROL be like?
    Pull List:
    Marvel: Spider-Man:Renew Your Vows, Champions, Marvel Two-in-One, Fantastic Four (2018), Avengers (2018), Mr and Mrs X, Ironheart
    DC: Not much these days, but being cautiously optimistic for Shazam! (2018-2019) and Young Justice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •