Page 5 of 132 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Since Nu52’s Legion Lost ended, I’d thought it would be interesting to take those characters, along with some of the fallow characters of the universe which merges DC with Wildstorm. Inferno from the Zero Hour Legion, stranded in our present. Savant, taking the place of Brainiac 5, with Mr. Majestic or Apollo. Maybe Adam Strange & a Green Lantern. With them take a new look at the beyond Earth DCU.

DC's version of the "not quite ready for prime-time superteam", The Defenders:
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-31-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    DC's version of the "not quite ready for prime-time superteam", The Defenders:
    Damn that’s really clever.
    You do really great work, j9ac9k!

DC's Annihilators

Icon - The counterpart to Gladiator in that they are both Superman stand ins.

Indigo - The counterpart to Silver Surfer. Both were heralds to massive consumer aliens.

Blackfire - The counterpart to Ronan the Accuser. An alien who can be both a hero and villain depending on the circumstances.

Dex Starr - counterpart to Cosmo. They're both space-faring animals.

Katma Tui - Counterpart to Quasar. I thought of using Kyle in the place of Quasar but figured I'd give Katma more notice and I do like using more obscure or lesser used characters.

A Reach Scarab warrior whom like Jaime broke free - Counterpart to Ikon the Spaceknight. Both have super armor. Haven't thought of a name for him sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    DC's Annihilators

Icon - The counterpart to Gladiator in that they are both Superman stand ins.

Indigo - The counterpart to Silver Surfer. Both were heralds to massive consumer aliens.

Blackfire - The counterpart to Ronan the Accuser. An alien who can be both a hero and villain depending on the circumstances.

Dex Starr - counterpart to Cosmo. They're both space-faring animals.

Katma Tui - Counterpart to Quasar. I thought of using Kyle in the place of Quasar but figured I'd give Katma more notice and I do like using more obscure or lesser used characters.

A Reach Scarab warrior whom like Jaime broke free - Counterpart to Ikon the Spaceknight. Both have super armor. Haven't thought of a name for him sadly.
    The Annihilators are a hella tough team to do a one for one swap for, they’re made up of pretty much all unique characters.
    Nice job!

Sentinels of Magic

Pandora

Sandman (Sandy Hawkins)

Tempest (Garth)

Lilith Clay

Kwai (Shen Hsien Pu Kwei)

Sebastian Faust

Conjura

Thunder and Lightning (No, not Black Lightning's daughters. The Vietnamese twins that appeared in Wolfman's Teen Titans)

Bloodwind
    Last edited by Agent Z; 01-06-2020 at 03:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

Hah...I just saw this as I'm preparing to do another Marvel Comic that died way too soon, Captain Britain and MI13. Love the line-up! Will do my best not to overlap.

j9ac9k, I tried a Marvel team based on a DC team based on a Marvel team build, using The Maximums (DC’s version of The Ultimates). Figured i’d go the extra mile and do the side by side comparison you employ.
    Holy cow!
    While I already dug on your build style, actually doing it that way showed me just how difficult it really is. I am NOT doing that again any time soon!

I didn’t even notice i forgot the names!
    I used US Agent in his Judge Dredd outfit for Soldier.
    Russian Thundergod Perun for Viking, both Axe wielders.
    The Human Robot for Robot.
    A-Bomb for Monster, blue on blue.
    Doc Ock Spidey for Bug. Extra arms, mechanical and natural.
    Atlas for Skyscraper, straightforward big guy swap.
    Yellowjacket for Hornet, as the insect themed heroines.
    Puma for Wolfen as the resident furry guys.

And now Captain Britain and MI13, DC style! With all the members being drawn from DC's British characters:

1. Captain Britain - Beaumont (both super-strong, super-durable heroes born to wealth)

2. Black Knight - Shining Knight (recycling this one, but if it ain't broke; both heroes with bladed weapons and ties to medieval times)

3. Spitfire - Cheetah (both super-speedsters struggling with violent tendencies (at least within the context of Spitfire in the MI13 book))

4. Blade - The Hood (both hand-to-hand combat types with a predilection for operating in the shadows)

5. Pete Wisdom - John Constantine (both roguish types with no need for costumes or codenames)

6. Excalibur - Knight (both younger women with new titles foisted upon them)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    And now Captain Britain and MI13, DC style! With all the members being drawn from DC's British characters:

1. Captain Britain - Beaumont (both super-strong, super-durable heroes born to wealth)

2. Black Knight - Shining Knight (recycling this one, but if it ain't broke; both heroes with bladed weapons and ties to medieval times)

3. Spitfire - Cheetah (both super-speedsters struggling with violent tendencies (at least within the context of Spitfire in the MI13 book))

4. Blade - The Hood (both hand-to-hand combat types with a predilection for operating in the shadows)

5. Pete Wisdom - John Constantine (both roguish types with no need for costumes or codenames)

6. Excalibur - Knight (both younger women with new titles foisted upon them)
    Nice!
    I did a merged universe version of this once, but straight DC? That’s beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    j9ac9k, I tried a Marvel team based on a DC team based on a Marvel team build, using The Maximums (DC’s version of The Ultimates). Figured i’d go the extra mile and do the side by side comparison you employ.
    Holy cow!
    While I already dug on your build style, actually doing it that way showed me just how difficult it really is. I am NOT doing that again any time soon!

I didn’t even notice i forgot the names!
    I used US Agent in his Judge Dredd outfit for Soldier.
    Russian Thundergod Perun for Viking, both Axe wielders.
    The Human Robot for Robot.
    A-Bomb for Monster, blue on blue.
    Doc Ock Spidey for Bug. Extra arms, mechanical and natural.
    Atlas for Skyscraper, straightforward big guy swap.
    Yellowjacket for Hornet, as the insect themed heroines.
    Puma for Wolfen as the resident furry guys.
    Ha - that's awesome! I am flattered that you went with my style. I only did those because I had most of the ideas in my head first - the visuals were a short-cut to not having to verbally explain my reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Ha - that's awesome! I am flattered that you went with my style. I only did those because I had most of the ideas in my head first - the visuals were a short-cut to not having to verbally explain my reasoning.
    OMG man, I will stick to writing walls of text, your method is hella cool AND hella hard!

Honestly just because it’d be nice to have them back and we’ve established some continuity I’d pull an All-new X-men time travel-esque story but with Infinity Inc. However what makes this interesting is that it is pre-crisis Earth 2 Infinity inc. so certain members of the team either have adult counterparts on the present day JSA or do not exist as they are or have died. This way we can make for some return to classic Earth 2 while they travel through the modern DC universe.

In that case it’s the younger versions of
    Powergirl
    Helena Wayne, Huntress
    Star Spangled Kid
    Nuklon
    Fury
    Silver Scarab
    Northwind
    Brainwave Jr.
    Jade
    Obsidian
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

So . . . what would the DC Comics version of DAMAGE CONTROL be like?
    Pull List: Currently Empty