DC Team Psych:
    Metamorpho/Shawn
    Wonder Girl/Juliet
    Johnny Quick/Lassie
    Jade/Chief Vick
    Danger/Woody
    Aqualad/Gus

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Hey, someone other than me remembered Koryak.
    Heck yeah I remember him!

It’s odd how he looks more like the live action Aquaman than Aquaman.

The Warrior King of Buredunia
    The White God of Kilimanjaro
    The Immortal Golden Gorilla
    The Great White Hunter

By offering great wealth, asylum, and diplomatic immunity, Matthew Bland/The Red Lion has put together a small but powerful group he intends to push as the premier super team on the continent, the self styled guardians of Africa.

Why in the world isn't Vixen there? I do love B'wanna Beast tho

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Why in the world isn't Vixen there? I do love B'wanna Beast tho
    Well, Vixen would actually add legitimacy to this team, which is not what I was going for!

This is basically an evil Black Panther and three white guys laying claim to being the designated heroes of all Africa. They’re supposed to piss ppl off, both in-story and as a concept.

And yeah, I like B’wanna Beast, too!

Was posting about the OG Excalibur line up elsewhere, about how only two were actually English. Played w. that concept here.
    I enjoyed the chemistry between Vixen, Dr. Mist, and Impala in the first story arc from DC’s Truth & Justice, so I reversed the male/female ratio to start.
    Given that Vixen debuted alongside (different versions of) Vibe and Gypsy, I went w. them to round out the team.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    I humbly present to you. Dc's

Illuminati.

Mr. Fantastic. Proffessor Xavier. Namor.

Dr Strange. Iron Man. Black Panther. Black Bolt

The Hawk God

Posting those was exceptionally challenging for me as I never do any uploading hosting blah blah. . . I'm gonna have to put the explanations off for now. Sorry.
    Man... I only ever put 1 picture up on one of these things and I can't help but come back and think. "Goddamn I wanna read this book"

Funny thing is there are PLENTY of books in this thread I feel the same way about.

I just wanna say that some of the people in this thread are amazingly talented people.

So here's how the line up should be explained. The Illuminati was made up of the "Secret Rulers" of Marvel groups this what the description said:

They each represent a certain something that is very special to the Marvel Universe:

Namor is a King of the Atlantis and the Seven Oceans and represents the antihero mindset.
    Tony Stark represents the Avenger type of hero, one who understands and appreciates that a hero can work with the government, rather than outside of it. He also represents the common man, as he possesses no natural superhuman abilities.
    Reed Richards: Leader of Fantastic Four. Represents the science-based part of the superhero community.
    Black Bolt: King of Inhumans, who are an important part of Marvel history and play an important part in events that have not yet come to pass. He also represents a ruler/king archetype, one that has also been filled by Namor.
    Doctor Stephen Strange: Sorcerer Supreme of Earth. speaks for the mystical/non-scientific side of the Marvel universe.
    Professor Charles Xavier: Leader of the X-Men is there on behalf of the mutant community.
    Mr. Terrific: Ironic I choose him for Reed. He later became a "Universal builder and DC actually MADE him They're leader of "The Terrifics". He can build thinks that let him planeswalk and Sceince based Blah Blah.

Aquaman: is a simple swap and he's had some anti-hero moments before, but at the end of the day HE's a king and that brings different duties.

Will Magnus: Every single thing about Tony Could be a bout Will but he's one of those underused characters. He represents the inevitible conflict with Post-humanism and A.I. See him in "Gods and Monsters"

Martian Manhunter: Originally I just wanted a powerful telepath on the team, but the more I thought of it? There's quite a few martians and other aliens on earth. He's a big, BIG deal. He's often just passive, but he needn't be.

Hippolyta: Leader of a Seme-secret nation living in harmony banning all outsiders save one or two. Full of magi-tech and ready to change the world if exposed. Yeah.

The Hawk God aka NORTHWIND: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northwind_(comics) Which is who I wanted to begin with. The Kingdom Come version is nebulous, but he's another character with deep Roots in the universe, JSA and other tales, who is the strong silent type and it give a lot of play to be like "What this guys secret". No body is looking at this guy he's kinda forgotten about so he's the one who has the MOST room for development and if we wanna be cute We could make the secret that really anyone who wanted to can become a similar Quasi-Immortal hawk being by coming to the the palace and going through the process of bonding with Dreaming hawk god, but Northwind is the chosen and most powerful of them.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Man... I only ever put 1 picture up on one of these things and I can't help but come back and think. "Goddamn I wanna read this book"

Funny thing is there are PLENTY of books in this thread I feel the same way about.

I just wanna say that some of the people in this thread are amazingly talented people.
    I def. agree w. you.
    PPL come up w. some really great original concepts and really fun twists on existing ideas. Makes me wish i could draw well, to do pieces on them and not just use existing pics.
    That’s kind of a blessing though, if I was doing that I’d likely never sleep!

Your Illuminati is such a great build. It’s one of those I can read through several times (and hopefully swipe ideas from).
    I really dig your ideas on Northwind/the Hawk God. DC could really do something interesting w. this unique character by going in that direction!

The New Terrifics:

Mr. Terrific (Mr. Fantastic): Leader of the Terrifics.

Dr. Light (Invisible Woman): I would like to see both her and Mr. Terrific interact. Both of them are smart and proud in their fields of study.

Firestorm (Human Torch): I was going to insert Fire into the team because I could see her as the HT of the team and I could easily see her going for the superhero celebrity lifestyle but I think with a team of three scientists (Holt, Hoshi and Stein) with different background would be fun to see, I could see them making good chemistry together. Ronnie Raymond would be the Johnny Storm of the group.

Metamorpho (Thing): Metamorpho reminds me of the Thing, and he was in the team as a Thing expy.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    The New Terrifics:

Mr. Terrific (Mr. Fantastic): Leader of the Terrifics.

Dr. Light (Invisible Woman): I would like to see both her and Mr. Terrific interact. Both of them are smart and proud in their fields of study.

Firestorm (Human Torch): I was going to insert Fire into the team because I could see her as the HT of the team and I could easily see her going for the superhero celebrity lifestyle but I think with a team of three scientists (Holt, Hoshi and Stein) with different background would be fun to see, I could see them making good chemistry together. Ronnie Raymond would be the Johnny Storm of the group.

Metamorpho (Thing): Metamorpho reminds me of the Thing, and he was in the team as a Thing expy.
    That’s…terrific!
    Seriously, I dig it. Your 3 scientists idea is great.
    And if anything, Metamorpho is an archeologist, so he can contribute, too.

How about this? I think than maybe something similar has been proposed:

-Red Hood
    -Guy Gardner
    - Manchester Black
    -Killer Frost
    -Damage (Ethan Avery)

Sorry, I got no name. I wanted a team who you look and think: "oh crap, not these guys".
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    How about this? I think than maybe something similar has been proposed:

-Red Hood
    -Guy Gardner
    - Manchester Black
    -Killer Frost
    -Damage (Ethan Avery)

Sorry, I got no name. I wanted a team who you look and think: "oh crap, not these guys".
    ^^^damn, that’s definitely an oh crap kind of team. Great line up!

METRON
    Seated as always in his Mobius Chair which he uses to unravel the secrets of the universe, Metron doesn’t expect lesser minds to understand his actions.

BRUTAAL
    A doppelgänger of Superman, created by Darkseid, Brutaal’s optic blasts aren’t mere heat vision, they are inescapable Omega Beams.

MAXIMA
    Queen of the planet Almerac, Maxima is an impressive warrior. She’s also a powerful psychokinetic. Force fields, psychic blasts, Telekinesis, Telepathy, Mind Control, are all among her many talents.

TYRAN’R
    An ancient Tamaranean and one of the original seven Green Lanterns. Incredibly cunning, strong, fast, and deadly w. both fang and claw. Tyran’r isn’t the simple beast he appears.

THE FROST KING
    Able to plunge entire planets into endless winter, The Frost King has no real reason to remain on his home planet. His Kryptonian enhanced cryogenic powers though, can prove very useful to Metron.

ASMODEL
    Leader of the Bull-Host of the Pax Dei for millions of years, Asmodel’s service was not repaid w. kindness and he went rogue. There is nothing quite so dangerous as a rebellious Angel.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 08-18-2021 at 03:26 PM.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I def. agree w. you.
    PPL come up w. some really great original concepts and really fun twists on existing ideas. Makes me wish i could draw well, to do pieces on them and not just use existing pics.
    That’s kind of a blessing though, if I was doing that I’d likely never sleep!

Your Illuminati is such a great build. It’s one of those I can read through several times (and hopefully swipe ideas from).
    I really dig your ideas on Northwind/the Hawk God. DC could really do something interesting w. this unique character by going in that direction!
    We should do like a top 10 coolest creations, spoiler them and put them in the first post!
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

We should do like a top 10 coolest creations, spoiler them and put them in the first post!
    Sounds cool!

How about we each pick 5 and PM each other, see if we get ten right off the bat?