Page 52 of 136 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast

A version of my favorite Defenders line up (the Big Four and C-list Three) using DC characters. Phantom Stranger gathers the main team, and the C-listers (i gender flipped all three of them) just sort of stumble into things, and all decide to help.

PHANTOM STRANGER (Dr. Strange)
    Usually, PS shows up to warn various heroes of impending doom. This time, he puts together his own group of disparate characters to handle things more directly. PS feels each one brings something he needs to the equation.

CAPTAIN ATOM (Silver Surfer)
    Encased in an invulnerable alien shell, CA is a powerful flying brick yes, but it’s his direct connection to the Quantum Field that PS knows will be important. CA is on board, despite PS recruiting one of his worst enemies to fight alongside him.

GEN. EILING (The Hulk)
    The General’s a villainous a-hole, but credit where it’s due he doesn’t want to see the Earth destroyed so agrees to help. His powerful body can never be defeated the same way twice, which is what PS is counting on. He and CA are bitter enemies though, so The General will def. be looking for an opportunity to take him out.

AQUAMAN (Namor)
    The King of Atlantis’ magical Trident and connection to several Godly Pantheons by way of the sea are integral to what PS hopes will be victory on this mission. Aquaman also finds himself playing peacekeeper between CA and The General, who are at each other’s throats.

SON OF VULCAN (Valkyrie)
    SoV has pyrokinetic and teleportation powers, as well as a suit of nearly indestructible armor and a sword sharp enough to make gods bleed.

FLAMEBIRD (Nighthawk)
    FB is a lot better than anyone in the hero community’s ever given her credit for. She’s got guts, and just keeps doing her best regardless of what her peers may think of her.

CATMAN (Hellcat)
    A clever villain turned hero, Catman’s keeping an eye out for his fellow C-listers, making sure they don’t end up getting hurt, or worse.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 08-24-2021 at 06:25 PM.

Just goofing around.

I did a magical FF in the “Create your own Fantastic Four” thread w. go to guy Doc Strange, who is married to Clea; her cousin Doyle Dormammu, and tragic man turned monster Man-Thing.

It occurred to me I could use the exact same set up w. go to guy John Constantine who has romantic history w. Zatanna; her cousin Zachary Zatara, and tragic man turned monster the new Swamp Thing. A Fantastic Four Dark, I guess.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 08-25-2021 at 01:42 AM.

Last edited by Riv86672; 08-27-2021 at 02:25 PM.

DC's X Force:
    Miss X/X-23
    Mr. Miracle/Wolverine
    Red Tornado/Wolfsbane
    Liberty Belle/Hepzibah
    Liberty Lass/Caliban
    Johnny Quick/Warpath
    Jesse Quick/Cyclops

Haven’t seen Güicho in ages, but this is the kind of build we enjoyed.

This one's a villainous DC version of Harvey Comics’ Teeny Tiny Trinity, Casper the Friendly Ghost, Wendy the Good Witch, and Hot Stuff the Little Devil.

The Gentleman Ghost, Encantadora, and Sabbac.

LEGENDS OF
    TOMORROW
    (Tommy Tomorrow, that is.)

TOMMY TOMORROW
    A military man from a possible/alternate/future timeline where The Great Disaster never happened and he didn’t become Kamandi. That’s convoluted enough to be a good Cable stand in. That and his preference for BFGs.

THE RAY
    Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a Cannonball.

BOMBSHELL
    A Quantum fueled powerhouse who makes things go Boom.

TOYMAN
    A young Asian Wiz Kid who has a way w. tech. He can build anything from giant mechas to microscopic nanobots.

FIREBRAND
    The Conflict Engine that passes for her heart grants her superhuman abilities but demands violence once every 24 hours to maintain power.

MISFIT
    A powerful teleporter, who can cover vast distances w.out error, or needing to know the layout of her destination. She can use her power offensively, as nothing living can travel w. her.

Here's my DC take on the new Defenders line-up by Al Ewing and Javier Rodriguez:

Dr. Fate - Master of the mystic arts
    Pantha - Ferocious creature altered by science
    The Infinity Man - Stoic being imbued with cosmic power
    Starman Will Payton - Cosmic entity cast into human form with ability to alter features
    Crimson Avenger - Next generation vigilante with mystical totems carried over from previous holder

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Technomancers:
    -Cyborg
    -Batgirl
    -Brainiac 5 (time travelled to the 21st century)
    -Livewire
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Here's my DC take on the new Defenders line-up by Al Ewing and Javier Rodriguez:

Dr. Fate - Master of the mystic arts
    Pantha - Ferocious creature altered by science
    The Infinity Man - Stoic being imbued with cosmic power
    Starman Will Payton - Cosmic entity cast into human form with ability to alter features
    Crimson Avenger - Next generation vigilante with mystical totems carried over from previous holder
    Ive never been a Jill Carlyle fan, but she totally fits the oddball Defenders dynamic you set up!
    And w. that creative team? I’d check this out.

Unlike the Justice League w. the Titans and Young Justice, the JSA has always done a great job integrating young legacy characters into the fold to become a true multigenerational team.

Still, I’d like to see a revival of the Young All-Stars name, w. Courtney Whitmore, Maxine Hunkel, and Jakeem Thunder as a kind of Junior Trinity (I liken them to Marvel’s Miles Morales, Kamala Khan, and Sam Alexander) as they strike out on their own w. the blessing of the JSA’s senior members.

I added Judo Master and Tomcat to round out the team but I wanted to keep the line up small, at least initially. One of the things the team would try and do is to try and recruit other young characters who don’t fall under the Titans/Young Justice umbrella, or didn’t last long on those teams.

Not sure who these characters would be, but I’d def. like to include Offspring.

I just think of this:

The Gold Standard!!:

Booster Gold & Goldstar: Time travelers brother and sister
    Goldrush: Remember his appearance in Justice League (new52)? Yeah, me neither.
    Golden Gladiator: An obscure character from roman times.
    Golden Pharaoh: Remember his Super-powers action figure? Yeah, me neither.
    Golden Blade: He was teammate of Strong Woman (Check The Green Lantern) from long time ago. He died. But maybe a succesor inherited his sword.

Somebody has a suggestion for another member?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I just think of this:

The Gold Standard!!:

Golden Blade: He was teammate of Strong Woman (Check The Green Lantern) from long time ago. He died. But maybe a succesor inherited his sword.

Golden Arrow is a Fawcett archer character DC acquired when they took over that company. He was a Western-themed hero but operated out west during WWII.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I just think of this:

The Gold Standard!!:

^^^Ha! Very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Golden Arrow is a Fawcett archer character DC acquired when they took over that company. He was a Western-themed hero but operated out west during WWII.
    ^^^nice!

Golden Glider - a semi reformed villain to add a little rule breaking fun to things.

Golden Eagle - a Thanagarian/human hybrid so you can have connections to a lot of Hawkman’s space related villains and such.

Congorilla - he’s known in Africa as the Great Golden Gorilla.

And, the OTHER Gold Star, an obscure alien flying brick that first appeared in Lobo’s old ongoing series.
    He’s dead now but, he once fended off Death itself w. the power of his good will. Pretty sure he can get himself back to life.
    He also has “niceness” vibes, that can temporarily make bad guys act way out of character.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 09-06-2021 at 07:42 PM.

I was trying to do something for Deadpool's Merc For Money. I never knew this would be so hard lol.
    "Fresh air is the best therapy."

The Luthors
    Apex
    Apex, Jr.
    Superwoman
    Superboy
    Bizarro Apex
    The Contessa
    Mercy
    Watchtower