Page 55 of 135 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    That's a really intresting, fun and offbeat concept. Really thinking outside the box, here. Kudos.

Peace
    ^^^Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I know, thank you.

It is the most rational reaction. But it must had been with an evil laugh.
    ^^^a little evil, yes!

Incredible Member

DC's versions of the Micronauts. Bruce Wayne, Princess Diana, Clark Kent and others are now cosmonauts not Super Heroes; traveling the Universe having fun adventures in microscopic spaceships that travel through the Universe within redshift and blueshift wavelengths that stretches towards the edge of the expanding Universe.

micronauts.jpg

I was not a great fan of Byrne's DP, and while I enjoyed Morrison's take on the team before it went mature and became way too wierd for my tastes, Paul Kupperberg's was always my favorite Doom Patrol. However, I do appreciate most of the versions that tried to think outside the box, so here's my take, borrowing a bit from the others.

Doom Patrol - the name of the field team of the Olympus Project, who explores the cave of the nexus of realities, cataloguing its many different dimensions and protecting Earth against threats that may originate from them. The Olympus Project can count with a large support staff of scientists and technicians and heavily armed and staffed security team.

Robot-man - Cliff Steele, surviving member of the original team and field leader. His robotic body is incredibly strong and almost indestructible, plus its sensors array collect invaluable data for the project’s scientists. Cliff and NW may come to develop a relationship between them, strengthened by Cliff’s ability, and willingness, to join her in the isolation chamber during the purging periods.
    Morphous – Incredibly versatile shape-changer. Default mode is a yellowish, featureless humanoid male form. The eternal joker.
    Nudge – Gifted teenage telepath and empath, who can also communicate with the dead.
    Vortex – half-alien. Thin, young, pointy ears, pitch black eyes, albino skin, straight light-red hair. As the name implies, able to open worm-holes out of thin air.
    Negative-Woman – Unlike previous negative beings, this one transforms herself into skeleton radioactive being, who is able to fly at incredible speeds, phase through solid matter and cause complete cellular decay with just a single touch from her exposed skin. If she wants to, her radioactive aura can stun people. Has a normal default form, which can interact normally with other people. However, periodically needs to lock herself in a special chamber for long periods to expel excessive radiation.
    Grunt – Intelligent gorilla scientist hailing from Gorilla City. Usually prefers lab-work to going out on missions. Grunt is also incredibly strong.

Project Leaders – Val Vostok and Joshua Clay.

Peace

The Terrifics 2.0 - DC's Ultimates

Mr. Terrific
    - One of the smartest beings on Earth.
    Dr. Prism (FKA Dr. Light) - Also, one of the smartest beings on Earth. Her personality could play well with Mr. Terrific both are driven and prideful.
    Firestorm - Potential Cosmic Powerhouse. Dr. Martin Stein is also one of the smartest beings on Earth.
    The Atom - One of the smartest being on Earth and potential heavy hitter. Profound Knowledge of the microverse and physics. The Atom should use his powers to grow his size and enter the macroverse (Sphere of the Gods).
    Power Girl - Hard-headed heavy hitter and also a scientist and a businesswoman.
    Nix Uotan - Cosmic Being with a profound Knowledge of the multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post

Mr. Terrific
    Dr. Prism (FKA Dr. Light) - Also, one of the smartest beings on Earth. Her personality could play well with Mr. Terrific both are driven and prideful.
    Firestorm - Potential Cosmic Powerhouse. Dr. Martin Stein is also one of the smartest beings on Earth.
    The Atom - One of the smartest being on Earth and potential heavy hitter. Profound Knowledge of the microverse and physics. The Atom should use his powers to grow his size and enter the macroverse (Sphere of the Gods).
    ahh, why didn't I think of this! great concept, solid line up. not the exact line up I'd have picked but I'm mainly just kicking myself because I was just thinking about a DC's Ultimates line-up the other day yet I missed such an obviously inspired idea smh
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Mr. Terrific
    That's Al Ewing's Ultimates, correct? Not the "mature" Avengers one.

Peace

Mr. Terrific

Peace
    That def. seems like a Ewing inspired line up, and a good one, too!

I was not a great fan of Byrne's DP, and while I enjoyed Morrison's take on the team before it went mature and became way too wierd for my tastes, Paul Kupperberg's was always my favorite Doom Patrol. However, I do appreciate most of the versions that tried to think outside the box, so here's my take, borrowing a bit from the others.

Doom Patrol - the name of the field team of the Olympus Project, who explores the cave of the nexus of realities, cataloguing its many different dimensions and protecting Earth against threats that may originate from them. The Olympus Project can count with a large support staff of scientists and technicians and heavily armed and staffed security team.

Robot-man - Cliff Steele, surviving member of the original team and field leader. His robotic body is incredibly strong and almost indestructible, plus its sensors array collect invaluable data for the project’s scientists. Cliff and NW may come to develop a relationship between them, strengthened by Cliff’s ability, and willingness, to join her in the isolation chamber during the purging periods.
    Morphous – Incredibly versatile shape-changer. Default mode is a yellowish, featureless humanoid male form. The eternal joker.
    Nudge – Gifted teenage telepath and empath, who can also communicate with the dead.
    Vortex – half-alien. Thin, young, pointy ears, pitch black eyes, albino skin, straight light-red hair. As the name implies, able to open worm-holes out of thin air.
    Negative-Woman – Unlike previous negative beings, this one transforms herself into skeleton radioactive being, who is able to fly at incredible speeds, phase through solid matter and cause complete cellular decay with just a single touch from her exposed skin. If she wants to, her radioactive aura can stun people. Has a normal default form, which can interact normally with other people. However, periodically needs to lock herself in a special chamber for long periods to expel excessive radiation.
    Grunt – Intelligent gorilla scientist hailing from Gorilla City. Usually prefers lab-work to going out on missions. Grunt is also incredibly strong.

Project Leaders – Val Vostok and Joshua Clay.

Peace
    What a nice mix of characters!

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    ahh, why didn't I think of this! great concept, solid line up. not the exact line up I'd have picked but I'm mainly just kicking myself because I was just thinking about a DC's Ultimates line-up the other day yet I missed such an obviously inspired idea smh
    I got this line up I posted from the thread that you previously made. All thanks to you for the inspiration! ��

Peace
    Yep! To me Al Ewing's version is the best version of The Ultimates

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    That def. seems like a Ewing inspired line up, and a good one, too!
    Thanks, Riv86672.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Wonder Woman would be a great add to round out this team as the Nightcrawler stand in.
    I don't usually do this, but let's use The Ray as Gateway.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

Unlike the Justice League w. the Titans and Young Justice, the JSA has always done a great job integrating young legacy characters into the fold to become a true multigenerational team.

Still, I’d like to see a revival of the Young All-Stars name, w. Courtney Whitmore, Maxine Hunkel, and Jakeem Thunder as a kind of Junior Trinity (I liken them to Marvel’s Miles Morales, Kamala Khan, and Sam Alexander) as they strike out on their own w. the blessing of the JSA’s senior members.

I added Judo Master and Tomcat to round out the team but I wanted to keep the line up small, at least initially. One of the things the team would try and do is to try and recruit other young characters who don’t fall under the Titans/Young Justice umbrella, or didn’t last long on those teams.

Not sure who these characters would be, but I’d def. like to include Offspring.
    I love this idea!

Guardians of the Galaxy

Quill = Captain Comet

Gamora = Starfire/Koriand'r

Drax = Orion

Rocket Racoon = Vril Dox

Groot = Kilowog

Phylla-Vell = Hawkwoman/Shayera Hol

Moondragon = Star Sapphire

Jack Flag = Atom Smasher

Major Victory = Citizen Steel

Cosmo = Rex The Wonder Dog

Bug = Parademon

Mantis = Miss Martian

Dunno if this option was explored, but I choose to see in other teams, let say the Ultraverse, if there is someone else who remember them.
    Lets try with DC's Ultraforce:

The strong man: Wildcat (Ted Grant in charge of a new team)

The armour guy: Technocrat (Geofrey Barron) Gave this guy a chance.

The femme fatale: Encantadora (Lourdes Lucero)

The alien warrior: Stealth (from LEGION)

The walking dead: Deadman (Boston Brand)

The energetic kid: Sapphire (Candance Gennaro)

The Protoplasmic guy: Matrix 2 (a new version of the protoplasmic Supergirl, in a new identity).
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

The DC equivalent of the Heroes Reborn Thunderbolts team wherein Baron Zemo and the Masters of Evil disguise themselves as heroes to gain the world's trust and to steal all the secrets of SHIELD and the Avengers to sell to the highest bidder.

Zemo = Ultra-Humanite

Atlas = Giganta/Dr Doris Zeul

Moonstone = Barbara Minverva/Cheetah

Beetle = Cyborg Superman (the guy who actually ended up liking being a hero)

Fixer = Gizmo

Screaming Mimi = Silver Banshee

Jolt = Terra

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I don't usually do this, but let's use The Ray as Gateway.
    Raven might make a good stand in for Psylocke.