Page 59 of 136 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    I hate this.

I sometimes feel things like this is why we can't have nice things. (~_~)
    Maybe I should have added H.E.R.B.I.E. to the mix…

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Maybe I should have added H.E.R.B.I.E. to the mix…
    You know what I mean.

I see what you did there and the "negro league" (ala what they called segregated baseball) is something that I wish just wouldn't happen.

The Terrifics and the FF are books about exploration and dare I say high Science fiction.

I normally love what we do but that irks me.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    You know what I mean.

I see what you did there and the "negro league" (ala what they called segregated baseball) is something that I wish just wouldn't happen.

The Terrifics and the FF are books about exploration and dare I say high Science fiction.

I normally love what we do but that irks me.
    Oooooookay. 😐

Loosely based on an obscure team called The Troubleshooters that appeared in Al Ewing’s Ultimates book. They resembled characters from The New Universe, so I tried using characters that originated on different DC Earths.

ALPHA CENTURION - Earth 16 (Jim Tensen)
    Marcus Aelius was a hero in Ancient Rome kidnapped and experimented on by aliens. He returned to Earth in modern times w. greater than human stats and high tech armor/weapons based on his old gear. Like Jim Tensen Marcus sees himself as a justice warrior, and his preferred weapons are a highly powerful energy sword and impenetrable energy shield.

JENNY FRACTAL - Earth 50 (Kathy Ling)
    Jenny is a Century Baby, the twin sister of Jenny Quantum. Her powers manifested at birth instead of adulthood, and the Chinese Govt. kept her in sensory deprivation, using her as a weapon. Between the early onset of her powers and her imprisonment Jenny’s become mentally unstable. While Kathy Ling is a telekinetic Jenny works on a whole different level. She can rip you apart limb from limb, or molecule by molecule, w. the power of her mind.

BLACK ORCHID - Earth 9 (Dionne McQuaid)
    Like Dionne McQuaid, Arlette St. George can create constructs out of thin air, though hers arent based on her own emotions. Instead, Arlette uses her magically derived powers of telepathy, astral projection and ectokinesis, to create and attack w. nightmares plucked from an opponent's mind. She's also an experienced field operative and spy.

FADE - Earth M (Terry Jessup)
    While both Terry and Fade look like ghosts, niether actually is. Terry is made up of pure thought, while Fade’s physical body is spread across several seconds of time. He can become invisible, is always intangible, can pass through solid objects, and disrupt electronics by doing so. His time-delay-punches mean he can hit you now and you’ll feel it later. He can partially solidify inside ppl and cause massive physical trauma.

RED STAR Earth 3 (Simon Rodstvow)
    Both these Russian characters are energy wielding powerhouses. Leonid Kovar has been compared to both a living star and a walking nuclear reactor in terms of what he can do. Being from one of DC’s most brutal realities means leonid is a cutthroat individual who takes no prisoners.

MAXWELL LORD - ??? (Philip Nolan Voigt)
    No one’s sure where this version of Maxwell Lord is from and he’s not saying. Like Voigt, Lord is a manipulative behind the scenes kind of guy w. mind control abilities…but is he evil?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    How about this?:

Attachment 115201

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Oh, i like Hector Hammond!

You got me again on the team, though. Something tells me i'm gonna kick myself after you point it out!
    Oh, my, I had forgoten to give an answer-

The team is based in Archie' Mighty Crusaders. I thought than the Comet and Citizen were clear hints.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 01-07-2022 at 06:34 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Oh, my, I had forgoten to give an answer-

The team is based in Archie' Mighty Crusaders. I thought than the Comet and Citizen were clear hints.
    Dammit it was staring me right in the face.
    Well played, Thor-Ul!

The new 'Justice League Detroit':

-Amazing Man/Will Everett III

-Green Lantern/John Stewart

-Cyborg/Victor Stone

-Vibe/Rosita Ramone (Paco's sister)

-Narcissus/Donna Morris

-Commander Steel/Nathan Haywood

Was reading JL Detroit era recently and was thinking about how many DC heroes come from Detroit and what a modern reboot might look like.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The new 'Justice League Detroit':

-Amazing Man/Will Everett III

-Green Lantern/John Stewart

-Cyborg/Victor Stone

-Vibe/Rosita Ramone (Paco's sister)

-Narcissus/Donna Morris

-Commander Steel/Nathan Haywood

Was reading JL Detroit era recently and was thinking about how many DC heroes come from Detroit and what a modern reboot might look like.
    ^^^so good!
    I’d love a new JLDetroit book. That was a great line up.

has there ever been a southern USA based DC hero team? just wondering.
    I'm sure in the 60s 70s and even the 80s it might have been full of bad-accent dialogue and forced references to random "southern" stuff (Luke Cage's "sweet christmas" becomes someone else's "shrimp and grits!") but something relatively sophisticated could be done now.

BANNED

Watchmen

Mr. Terrific = Nite Owl II

Batman or The Question = Rorschach

Black Canary II = Silk Spectre II

Tom Strong = Ozymandias

Wildcat = The Comedian

Firestorm = Dr. Manhattan
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 01-08-2022 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    has there ever been a southern USA based DC hero team? just wondering.
    ^^^not that I could find! There are some good characters down that way, though.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Watchmen

Tom Strong = Ozymandias

Wildcat = The Comedian

^^^i’d hate to see (but still read the crap out of) Wildcat going the Comedian route!

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Watchmen

Tom Strong = Ozymandias

Wildcat = The Comedian

Question as stand in for Rorschach? Is not that kind of, like... use a real lemon to make a lemon pie instead use lemon substitute?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

MAX MERCURY (Alabama)
    Max has been hero-ing since the 19th Century, when he first developed a connection to the Speed Force. Looking to start a regional team he contacts a couple of other characters and forms an odd kind of Big Three/Trinity.

AMAZING MAN III (Louisiana)
    Markus Clay’s the latest in a Heroic Legacy that stretches back nearly a hundred years. He figures as part of a team he can do a little more good on a larger scale, and Clay’s always up for that.

DETECTIVE CHIMP (Florida)
    Bobo T. Chimpanzee would never call himself a hero. As the somewhat semi famous Detective Chimp though, he’s helped save the world multiple times. When Max Mercury and Markus Clay contact him, he only puts up a token resistance before joining them.

FROSTBITE (Arkansas)
    Coming from a broken family is never easy, but throw in getting experimented on, gaining superpowers, and then being used as a weapon by various Govt. Agencies and really it’s kind of a blueprint for supervillainy. Max, Markus, and Bobo see the potential in Leon Carver though, and basically dare him to see it in himself.

WHITE LIGHTNING (Alabama)
    Having had run ins w. the thrill seeking thief before, Max Mercury was initially against her joining the team. Markus Clay and Bobo guilt him into it though, pointing out that redemption is just as important as living up to potential. WL declares she doesn’t care either way, but she takes the offer which says a lot. Her criminal and motorcycle skills, along w. her telepathic ability to “charm” men, will be interesting additions to the team’s versatility. And really, if anyone’s going to keep them honest it would be someone like her, who sees things in ways they might not.

PRESTER JON (Tennessee)
    Jonathan Levine no longer has a physical body. He’s a living digital entity, and his power of Mechanokinesis makes him one of the most powerful entities in this increasingly tech based world. His growing sense of isolation though, is worrisome. It’s his sister Carrie who convinces Jonathan to join her on this new team, so that they can have a sense of comraderie and a support system.

REDWING (Tennessee)
    Carrie Levine’s avian physiology has given her greater than human strength, speed, senses, and an almost supernatural tracking ability; there’s pretty much nowhere she can’t find a target. While most beings able to fly use the power to get from point A to point B, Carrie thinks and is able to fight three dimensionally, letting her take out more powerful opponents while in her element.

BOBBY BARNES (North Carolina)
    Bobby is and always will be, Wonder Woman’s number one fan. He even got to meet her, go to Themyscira, and was named an honorary Amazon! Bobby serves as the team’s “Snapper Carr”, but actually useful. He runs and maintains all their various social media apps, checking them for potential missions or charitable opportunities, organizes their meetings etc. While he doesn’t actively go into the field, Bobby was gifted w. his own Amazonium Bracelets by Queen Hippolyta herself, and can produce powerful shockwaves when he bangs them together.

—————————————

Props to Hypestyle for the idea of a Southern team!
    I wanted to keep the team to a decent number, but there are other characters based in the same area I’d have weave in and out of various storylines, w. some being offered reserve status.

Grant (Damage) Emerson’s from Georgia, and so is Travis (Bloodhound) Clevenger.

Hawkman, Hawkgirl, and Abigail Arcane/Holland are over in Louisiana.

Cain and Abel’s Houses of Mystery and Secrets exist simultaneously in The Dreaming and Kentucky.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 01-09-2022 at 07:20 PM.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Arsenal
    Adam Strange
    Frankenstein
    Savant
    Animal Man
    Voodoo
    Fairchild
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    Savant
    ^^^nice. Man they done him wrong in live action!