Page 60 of 135 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast

RITA FARR
    One time movie star and long time hero, Rita has signed on to lead the DP’s new West Coast team. She’s not even remotely interested in pursuing her old career. Weeeell, maybe if a really juicy part came her way…

RAC SHADE
    A renowned poet on his homeworld of Meta, Rac is looking to break through on Earth, while contributing to DP (West) as it’s newest member w. his reality warping M-Vest. He spends his evenings at some of L.A.’s trendiest, creepiest, and strangest nightspots.

FLEX MENTALLO
    The Man of Muscle Mystery has followed Rita Farr out to L.A. to round out the new DP (West). He immediately begins to attain a cult following, and is anointed as the Patron Saint of Muscle Beach. This puts him on the radar of several none too happy L.A./Hollywood Deities.

FUNKY FLASHMAN
    DP (East) has got The Chief, and DP (West) has got The Funk! The Funky Flashman, that is. As the team’s Agent, look for FF to get them involved in off the wall shenanigans as only L.A. can provide. Cursed movie sets, the Hollywood Sign coming to life, immortal action stars, Unionizing CHUDS, the hand and footprints at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre disappearing, a carnivorous casting couch, the Labrea Tarpits turning pink…

L-RON
    The robot’s gotten a job as Funky Flashman’s assistant, which keeps him busy and occasionally puts him in danger. When his former boss Lord Manga Khan comes back to Earth having lost all his money in a deal gone wrong and asks to crash on the couch, it puts L-Ron in an awkward position.

JOSIAH POWER
    The team’s attorney, Power is a metahuman himself, and once founded his own superteam. He’s constantly butting heads w. Funky Flashman, making sure the Agent’s schemes aren’t illegal, and that he’s not playing fast and loose w. the team’s finances.

BETHANY LEE
    Bethany is Snapper Carr’s ex-wife and Android Hourman’s one time lover. She’s moved out to L.A. and done done well in real estate, finding DP (West) a great spot for their new Headquarters and striking up a friendship w. the team. Her interaction w. Hourman left a distinct chronal imprint on her, which is going to make her a target of some nasty time traveling villains, and end up sending her and DP (West) to the 853rd Century and going up against the JLA One Million.

MEREDITH PEMBERTON
    The one time heroine known for having 1,000 gimmicks works as live in housekeeper for DP (West). Her father was a notorious cat burglar, she’s related to the OG Star Spangled Kid, is a good friend of Stripesy, her daughter’s soul is somewhere in Hell, so yeah lots to work w. there. Her son is Brainwave Jr. who’s going to become the team’s Mento, causing/needing to be bailed out of trouble whenever he shows up.

VARTOX
    Another of Funky Flashman’s clients. Vartox is the exiled prince of the planet Valeron, and a full blown celebrity in L.A. thanks to Flashman. The guy’s incredibly rich, incredibly vain, and says he has no interest in trying to reclaim his throne. That doesn’t stop regular attempts on his life by various alien hitmen/mercenaries/villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

RITA FARR
    One time movie star and long time hero, Rita has signed on to lead the DP’s new West Coast team. She’s not even remotely interested in pursuing her old career. Weeeell, maybe if a really juicy part came her way…

RAC SHADE
    A renowned poet on his homeworld of Meta, Rac is looking to break through on Earth, while contributing to DP (West) as it’s newest member w. his reality warping M-Vest. He spends his evenings at some of L.A.’s trendiest, creepiest, and strangest nightspots.

FLEX MENTALLO
    The Man of Muscle Mystery has followed Rita Farr out to L.A. to round out the new DP (West). He immediately begins to attain a cult following, and is anointed as the Patron Saint of Muscle Beach. This puts him on the radar of several none too happy L.A./Hollywood Deities.

FUNKY FLASHMAN
    DP (East) has got The Chief, and DP (West) has got The Funk! The Funky Flashman, that is. As the team’s Agent, look for FF to get them involved in off the wall shenanigans as only L.A. can provide. Cursed movie sets, the Hollywood Sign coming to life, immortal action stars, Unionizing CHUDS, the hand and footprints at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre disappearing, a carnivorous casting couch, the Labrea Tarpits turning pink…

L-RON
    The robot’s gotten a job as Funky Flashman’s assistant, which keeps him busy and occasionally puts him in danger. When his former boss Lord Manga Khan comes back to Earth having lost all his money in a deal gone wrong and asks to crash on the couch, it puts L-Ron in an awkward position.

JOSIAH POWER
    The team’s attorney, Power is a metahuman himself, and once founded his own superteam. He’s constantly butting heads w. Funky Flashman, making sure the Agent’s schemes aren’t illegal, and that he’s not playing fast and loose w. the team’s finances.

BETHANY LEE
    Bethany is Snapper Carr’s ex-wife and Android Hourman’s one time lover. She’s moved out to L.A. and done done well in real estate, finding DP (West) a great spot for their new Headquarters and striking up a friendship w. the team. Her interaction w. Hourman left a distinct chronal imprint on her, which is going to make her a target of some nasty time traveling villains, and end up sending her and DP (West) to the 853rd Century and going up against the JLA One Million.

MEREDITH PEMBERTON
    The one time heroine known for having 1,000 gimmicks works as live in housekeeper for DP (West). Her father was a notorious cat burglar, she’s related to the OG Star Spangled Kid, is a good friend of Stripesy, her daughter’s soul is somewhere in Hell, so yeah lots to work w. there. Her son is Brainwave Jr. who’s going to become the team’s Mento, causing/needing to be bailed out of trouble whenever he shows up.

VARTOX
    Another of Funky Flashman’s clients. Vartox is the exiled prince of the planet Valeron, and a full blown celebrity in L.A. thanks to Flashman. The guy’s incredibly rich, incredibly vain, and says he has no interest in trying to reclaim his throne. That doesn’t stop regular attempts on his life by various alien hitmen/mercenaries/villains.
    Going against the JLA One Million?? No way. They must go against the Doom Patrol One Million!
    Robotsman! One Brain, One Million robots bodies!
    Neutral man! He is neither negative or positive. He is more! Or less... Or something... maybe.
    Elastic Girls! Capable of strech and melt and fusing and divide and mix! Either they are a hive mind or a radical case of multiple personaity disorder or a really extreme living bacchanalia.
    The Chief! Is that possible Niles Caulder, still alive in the far future?
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 01-19-2022 at 09:34 AM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Martian Manhunter, team lead
    Batman, team lead (and counter to J'onn)
    Kyle Rayner (post Crisis)
    Wally West (post Crisis)
    Captain Atom (Rebirth)
    Saturn Girl
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    The New Terrifics:

Mr. Terrific (Mr. Fantastic): Leader of the Terrifics.

Dr. Light (Invisible Woman): I would like to see both her and Mr. Terrific interact. Both of them are smart and proud in their fields of study.

Firestorm (Human Torch): I was going to insert Fire into the team because I could see her as the HT of the team and I could easily see her going for the superhero celebrity lifestyle but I think with a team of three scientists (Holt, Hoshi and Stein) with different background would be fun to see, I could see them making good chemistry together. Ronnie Raymond would be the Johnny Storm of the group.

Metamorpho (Thing): Metamorpho reminds me of the Thing, and he was in the team as a Thing expy.
    I like this better than the initial team. having Plastic Man and Metamorpho on the same team seemed kinda silly to me. I also wondered why they didn't use Dr. Light instead the convoluted "ancestor of Phantom Girl" bit

The Society of Watchmen

-Dr. Fate
    -Sandman
    -Dr Midnight
    -Black Canary
    -Hawkman
    -Batman

let's see who's first to figure out who's who?

Justice League of Acquisitions

-Captain Marvel
    -Blue Beetle
    -Mary Marvel
    -The Ray
    -Thunderbolt
    -Red Torpedo
    -Uncle Sam
    -The Question
    -Phantom Lady
    -Black Condor
    -Dollman
    -The Human Bomb
    -Plastic Man
    -Nightshade
    -Captain Atom

pretend it's the Satellite-era in some alternate universe or whatever

EDIT: Fawcett fans can have Firebrand instead of Captain Atom, for the "hothead" seat, if y'all prefer. I almost used Red Bee in the "shrink" seat, but I'm pretty sure it was a later-retconned female version of the character, by DC, who could get small....not the Fawcett original
    Last edited by Aarkus; 01-21-2022 at 05:12 PM. Reason: adding some most excellent suggestions to my own

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post

-Captain Marvel
    -Blue Beetle
    -Mary Marvel
    -The Ray
    -Thunderbolt
    -Uncle Sam
    -The Question
    -Phantom Lady
    -Black Condor
    -Dollman
    -The Human Bomb
    -Nightshade
    -Captain Atom

pretend it's the Satellite-era, with Aquaman and Elongated Man on extended leave
    Love this! Just add Red Torpedo and Plastic Man to fill out the ranks!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Going against the JLA One Million?? No way. They must go against the Doom Patrol One Million!
    Robotsman! One Brain, One Million robots bodies!
    Neutral man! He is neither negative or positive. He is more! Or less... Or something... maybe.
    Elastic Girls! Capable of strech and melt and fusing and divide and mix! Either they are a hive mind or a radical case of multiple personaity disorder or a really extreme living bacchanalia.
    The Chief! Is that possible Niles Caulder, still alive in the far future?
    ^^^thats one of the best things i've read in forever!

The Society of Watchmen

-Dr. Fate
    -Sandman
    -Dr Midnight
    -Black Canary
    -Hawkman
    -Batman

let's see who's first to figure out who's who?
    ^^^too early to think, dammit!

-Captain Marvel
    -Blue Beetle
    -Mary Marvel
    -The Ray
    -Thunderbolt
    -Uncle Sam
    -The Question
    -Phantom Lady
    -Black Condor
    -Dollman
    -The Human Bomb
    -Nightshade
    -Captain Atom

pretend it's the Satellite-era, with Aquaman and Elongated Man on extended leave
    ^^^satellite era. Perfect setting...!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    ^^^nice...!

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

DC Exiles team:
    Donna Troy
    Redwing
    Huntress (New 52)
    Superboy Conner
    Kid Flash (New 52)
    Argent

DC's Excalibur team
    Jenny Quantum
    Arsenal
    Shining Knight
    Kid Eternity
    Fairchild
    Frostbite
    Frankenstein
    Last edited by red winter; 01-21-2022 at 11:20 AM.
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    yeah, I forgot Plastic Man was originally a Fawcett character. he can sub for Ralph, derp. I also forgot about Red Torpedo lol, good call. I was using Human Bomb as the Red Tornado stand-in, since they are both a contained force of nature, in a sense... but Red Torpedo is even better, and not unprecedented either, considering how Reddy's "siblings" have been introduced over time. Torpedo also covers an aquatic theme, so we have our Aquaman and Ralph after all lmao

^^^too early to think, dammit!
    since no one else took a crack at it, I'll help lol:

Dr Fate = Dr Manhattan*
    Sandman = Rorschach
    Dr Midnight = Nite Owl
    Black Canary = come on now, who else?
    Hawkman = Comedian**
    Batman = Ozymandias***

*one could use the Thunderbolt (Nyx) instead of Doc Fate, but then Johhny Thunder would also need to be around. the pink/blue thing would be fun tho. Spectre could work too, I suppose

**to figure this one out, just picture Jeffery Dean Morgan smashing people in the head with a giant mace. probably enough said lol

***both are rich white dudes who have actively plotted against their vigilante friends and colleagues, for one reason or another.
    yes, there were other rich guys in the JSA, but out of them all, and even on OG Earth-Two, I'm betting Bruce Wayne was still more of a pragmatic arsehole than the others
    Last edited by Aarkus; 01-21-2022 at 05:27 PM.

in another continuity, DC decided to take one of the JL concepts that died with the Morrison reboot, and re-purpose the remaining characters as a Fantastic Four pastiche for the 90s...

The Forgotten Four!

-Triumph
    -Gypsy
    -The Ray
    -L-Ron
    (in Despero's body)

concept: some event knocks these characters out of the existing reality, to somewhere beyond the Source Wall, or whatever, leaving them to watch helplessly as their universe goes on without them. determined not to let this happen to him a second time, Triumph rallies the rest and they begin trying to find their way back to their home reality. nothing goes as planned, because comics, so they end up in all kinds of "fantastic" alternate dimensions, other realities and timelines... will they ever find their way home?
    Last edited by Aarkus; 01-21-2022 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    DC's Excalibur team
    Jenny Quantum
    Arsenal
    Shining Knight
    Kid Eternity
    Fairchild
    Frostbite
    Frankenstein
    That, is a really interesting line up damn!

since no one else took a crack at it, I'll help lol:

Dr Fate = Dr Manhattan*
    Sandman = Rorschach
    Dr Midnight = Nite Owl
    Black Canary = come on now, who else?
    Hawkman = Comedian**
    Batman = Ozymandias***

*one could use the Thunderbolt (Nyx) instead of Doc Fate, but then Johhny Thunder would also need to be around. the pink/blue thing would be fun tho. Spectre could work too, I suppose

**to figure this one out, just picture Jeffery Dean Morgan smashing people in the head with a giant mace. probably enough said lol

***both are rich white dudes who have actively plotted against their vigilante friends and colleagues, for one reason or another.
    yes, there were other rich guys in the JSA, but out of them all, and even on OG Earth-Two, I'm betting Bruce Wayne was still more of a pragmatic arsehole than the others
    ^^^clever!

The T-Bolt could work as Dr. Manhattan, if it turns cold and detached from humanity after Johnny Thunder dies, since he acted as the human anchor for the entity.

Sandman as Rorschach is great!
    He had precog powers that worked as prophetic nightmares, right? I guess they eventually become too much for him and he wigs out, ends up homeless etc.

in another continuity, DC decided to take one of the JL concepts that died with the Morrison reboot, and re-purpose the remaining characters as a Fantastic Four pastiche for the 90s...

The Forgotten Four!

-Triumph
    -Gypsy
    -The Ray
    -L-Ron
    (in Despero's body)

concept: some event knocks these characters out of the existing reality, to somewhere beyond the Source Wall, or whatever, leaving them to watch helplessly as their universe goes on without them. determined not to let this happen to him a second time, Triumph rallies the rest and they begin trying to find their way back to their home reality. nothing goes as planned, because comics, so they end up in all kinds of "fantastic" alternate dimensions, other realities and timelines... will they ever find their way home?
    ^^^Oh I get it! That’s very good!
    Last edited by Riv86672; 01-21-2022 at 07:35 PM.

The T-Bolt could work as Dr. Manhattan, if it turns cold and detached from humanity after Johnny Thunder dies, since he acted as the human anchor for the entity.
    interesting idea... I guess it's supposed to be bleak and dark so yeah, let's kill Johnny! lol

Sandman as Rorschach is great!
    He had precog powers that worked as prophetic nightmares, right? I guess they eventually become too much for him and he wigs out, ends up homeless etc.
    right, that plus the common trenchcoat/mask/fedora visual between both characters. Wesley Dodds' gas mask is just as creepy as the moving blots, in it's own way

^^^Oh I get it! That’s very good!
    thanks! started out thinking of an alternate line-up for The Terrifics, ended up there instead lol
    Last edited by Aarkus; 01-22-2022 at 12:15 AM.