Page 61 of 136 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

in a different continuity, the Fawcett characters were never part of the All-Star Squadron during WWII... however, a visitor from Earth-X still recruited some of them to become the Freedom Fighters... which members answered the call?

-Liberty Belle
    -Black Canary
    -Hawkman
    -Airwave
    -TNT
    -The Atom
    Last edited by Aarkus; 01-22-2022 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    in another continuity, DC decided to take one of the JL concepts that died with the Morrison reboot, and re-purpose the remaining characters as a Fantastic Four pastiche for the 90s...

The Forgotten Four!

-Triumph
    -Gypsy
    -The Ray
    -L-Ron
    (in Despero's body)

concept: some event knocks these characters out of the existing reality, to somewhere beyond the Source Wall, or whatever, leaving them to watch helplessly as their universe goes on without them. determined not to let this happen to him a second time, Triumph rallies the rest and they begin trying to find their way back to their home reality. nothing goes as planned, because comics, so they end up in all kinds of "fantastic" alternate dimensions, other realities and timelines... will they ever find their way home?
    Wow, I never made the link to the FF, but it really works. Might as well name them, "The Return of the Justice League Task Force!"

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Wow, I never made the link to the FF, but it really works. Might as well name them, "The Return of the Justice League Task Force!"

Peace
    thanks! makes me wonder if this was in the back of someone's mind at DC during JLTF days... I mean, the whole L-Ron/Despero bit was a pretty convoluted way to get a giant tank into a team of other characters who already "matched" the FF so cleanly... they even gave Ray and Gypsy a bit of a "sibling" dynamic, as I recall...

thanks! makes me wonder if this was in the back of someone's mind at DC during JLTF days... I mean, the whole L-Ron/Despero bit was a pretty convoluted way to get a giant tank into a team of other characters who already "matched" the FF so cleanly... they even gave Ray and Gypsy a bit of a "sibling" dynamic, as I recall...
    Never thought of that.
    I just remember being really confused about the whole L-Ron Despero situation!
    I was barely reading comics at that time due to being busy w. work so I was pretty lost.

Discovered this old X-Men cover…

…and really liked the line up.

RED STAR (Colossus)
    DC doesn’t have a lot in the way of guys that turn to steel. They do have a cool but under appreciated, big ass Ruskie name of Red Star though. I figure him and the now slightly older and ever intangible Secret could strike up a little romance Peter/Kitty style.

SECRET (Shadowcat)
    She went from ghostly to human and now ghostly again. She’s been walking the Earth for some time now, doing stuff behind the scenes before joining this team. She won’t say how she wound up back in her powerful spirit form.

SPY SMASHER (Abigail Brand)
    Speaking of secrets, Spy Smasher knows a lot of them. She’s able to walk into every alphabet agency in the U.S. or even the Oval Office, and get what she needs. That’s pretty cool. More importantly for me though, like Abigail Brand, Spy Smasher dresses in green and wears geeen specs.

RAINMAKER (Storm)
    Such a great character, and DC just leaves her in limbo. Anyway, she’s the team’s weather manipulator. She’s a nice mix of fun and friendly w. her allies while being a fierce opponent to her enemies.

GORILLA MONTAGUE (The Beast)
    A criminally neglected citizen of Gorilla City, Montague is a treasure hunting, tomb raiding adventurer slash archeologist. Beast is actually sporting a cool costume on that cover I found, and wanted to use someone who had a similar look going on.

BILLY (Lockheed)
    In the DCU, Dragon Bats are thought to be extinct, w. Damian Wayne having the very last one as a pet. Secret though, came across this one during her travels and adopted him, naming him after her deceased brother. Though still a baby, Billy is already powerful enough to injure or even kill a person, and he’s only going to get bigger and badder. Billy’s fiercely loyal to Secret, and by extension, the other members of the team.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 01-26-2022 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Never thought of that.
    I just remember being really confused about the whole L-Ron Despero situation!
    I was barely reading comics at that time due to being busy w. work so I was pretty lost.
    I only had the realization myself recently, when I re-read some of the JLTF issues from my collection, back to back with a Terrifics TPB, and went "hey wait a minute here..." lol

I only had the realization myself recently, when I re-read some of the JLTF issues from my collection, back to back with a Terrifics TPB, and went "hey wait a minute here..." lol
    ^^^ LOL! Fair enough!

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Stormwatch UN superteam:
    Hawkman
    Mera
    Icon
    Battalion
    Fugi
    Winter
    Ice
    Hellstrike
    Voodoo
    Great team but DC would cancel it in 6 months
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

My DC Version of the X Men

Looker = Jean Grey
    Rainmaker=Storm
    Gotham Girl=Rogue
    Gypsy=Shadowcat
    Dr Light=Dazzler
    Coldcast=Magneto
    Cyborg=Colossus
    Hawkman=Angel
    Herald=Banshee
    Vibe=Avalanche
    Bronze Tiger=Wolverine
    Frostbite=Iceman

My Avengers Team

Zatanna=Scarlet Witch
    Bumblebee=The Wasp
    Power Girl=Cpt Marvel
    Wonder Woman=She Hulk
    Black Canary=Black Widow
    Agt Liberty=Cpt America
    Steel=Ironman
    Black Adam=Thor
    Martain Manhunter=The Vision
    Bronze Tiger=Black Panther
    Superman=Wonder Man
    Green Arrow=Hawkeye
    Flash=Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Midnight View Post
    Stormwatch UN superteam:
    Hawkman
    Mera
    Icon
    Battalion
    Fugi
    Winter
    Ice
    Hellstrike
    Voodoo
    Great team but DC would cancel it in 6 months
    Ha, ain’t the truth!

JLA Year One (and a half) is me applying the Avengers Kooky Quartet scenario to the DC team. After Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman and Black Canary decide to step back from the team, Martian Manhunter refuses to let the team die, and goes on to recruit some young new members.

^^^this is what they looked like back in the Silver Age.

^^^and this is them nowadays in an impromptu reunion.

MARTIAN MANHUNTER
    Back in the sixties Captain America was a man out of time and MM was a man out of place. IMO both characters really needed the support system their teams provided.

ZATANNA
    Magically inclined like her dad, Zatanna hadn’t even scratched the surface of what she could really do yet.

HAWK
    Marvel’s Kooky Quartet had two hotheads in Hawkeye and Quicksilver, but I only have the one in Hawk. Still, the guy’s got enough attitude for two ppl.

DOVE
    Hawk’s little bro and opposite in terms of temperament. MM is a good choice to mentor the brothers, as he’s a man of peace who isn’t afraid to fight for what’s right.

TECHNOCRAT…
    …is Geoffrey Barron, a self made billionaire tech genius inventor type who’s designed a series of high tech battle suits for fun and profit.

MAJOR VICTORY…
    …is Bill Vickers, the original accept no substitutes All American Hero. Several attempts have been made to replace him, and all have failed miserably.

ATLAS…
    …is a self described God from an undefined ancient time. Strong fast and durable enough to go toe to toe w. Superman, he lives for battle.

DAMAGE…
    …is Ethan "Elvis" Avery Jr., and the US Military considers him their property. He strongly disagrees. During his Hour of Power he becomes a hulking, unstoppable juggernaut.

TOM LUDLOW HALLAWAY…
    …has a cool alias. The Spider. He’s an above average archer, and all around thug. He’s surprisingly clever though, and likes ppl to underestimate him.

TARANTULA…
    …is Catalina Flores, an ex FBI agent who hated playing by the rules. A skilled investigator, MA, and trained in firearms, Tarantula prefers to get up close w. her knives.

For DC's Avengers, I would go with:

Iron Man : Technocrat

Captain America: Commander Steel

Thor: Wonder Woman

Scarlet Witch: Zatanna

Quicksilver: Max Mercury

Vision: Hourman (android version)

Giant Man: Atom Smasher/Al Rothstein

Wasp: Bumblebee/Karen Beecher

Black Knight: Shining Knight

Hulk: Wylde

Titans as the Three Musketeers.

Victor Stone: Athos (the smart but often melancholic one)

Roy Harper: Aramis (loves women and gets into trouble for it more than once)

Wally West: Porthos (gulliable comic relief but still extremely dedicated and loyal to his friends)

Dick Grayson: D'Artagnan (clever, ambitious and brave. Often needs help from his friends).

Slade Wilson: Comte de Rochefort (antagonist musketeer with scar across his face)
    Cardinal Richleiu: Brother Blood (influential minister)