Page 66 of 136 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Okay you got me on that one! Nice
    lol, thanks. any excuse to get Jeff and Vic on a team together, honestly. I always wondered how those two would (or wouldn't, as the case might be) get along... I feel like Vic would either dislike Jeff, or maybe look up to him as a better example than his own dad; depending on how he feels about Jeff's kids also being heroes, etc etc... I think it would be an interesting relationship to explore
    Last edited by Aarkus; 03-22-2022 at 10:19 PM.

Riv86672's mention of Alpha Flight over in the Marvel build-a-team thread, inspired me to do this one:

DC's Alpha Flight

Captain Atom (Guardian)
    Bombshell (Vindicator)
    Plastic Man* (Puck)
    Manitou Raven (Shaman)
    Manitou Dawn (Talisman)
    B'wana Beast (Sasquatch)
    Ice (Snowbird)
    Mera (Marinna)
    Zan (Northstar)
    Jayna (Aurora)

*the only Dc character who really reminds me of Puck, is Bouncing Boy... so, rather than convoluting some way to have him be in the 21st century; I reason Plas should be able to do anything Chuck can, and then some

laugh at the Wonder Twins if you wish, but I think it would be kinda cool to see Jayna using her abilities in concert with a cryo-kinetic (Ice) and hydro-kinetic (Mera), with them manipulating her form further for some combo attacks and such
    Last edited by Aarkus; 03-22-2022 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    lol, thanks. any excuse to get Jeff and Vic on a team together, honestly. I always wondered how those two would (or wouldn't, as the case might be) get along... I feel like Vic would either dislike Jeff, or maybe look up to him as a better example than his own dad; depending on how he feels about Jeff's kids also being heroes, etc etc... I think it would be an interesting relationship to explore
    ^^^That’d be a fun relationship to see develop.
    Or implode!

Riv86672's mention of Alpha Flight over in the Marvel build-a-team thread, inspired me to do this one:

DC's Alpha Flight

Captain Atom (Guardian)
    Bombshell (Vindicator)
    Plastic Man* (Puck)
    Manitou Raven (Shaman)
    Manitou Dawn (Talisman)
    B'wana Beast (Sasquatch)
    Ice (Snowbird)
    Mera (Marinna)
    Zan (Northstar)
    Jayna (Aurora)

*the only Dc character who really reminds me of Puck, is Bouncing Boy... so, rather than convoluting some way to have him be in the 21st century; I reason Plas should be able to do anything Chuck can, and then some

laugh at the Wonder Twins if you wish, but I think it would be kinda cool to see Jayna using her abilities in concert with a cryo-kinetic (Ice) and hydro-kinetic (Mera), with them manipulating her form further for some combo attacks and such
    ^^^These are cool approaches to the team; The Wonder Twins especially. Jayna combining w. Ice and Mera? Brilliant!
    Zan’s a nice fit too, since Snowbird could take animal forms, too.

I did this line up (America Flight) a couple years back and used Captain Atom/Bombshell same as you (as Guardian/Vindicator)! I went w. The Tornado Twins for Northstar/Aroura (they’re all four flying superspeedsters).
    I used Gizmo as Puck. The team’s a Govt. asset so they flip him w. a pardon, a lab/funds to play w. and a poke to his ego, as he’d get to match wits/outdo other bad guys, all of which Gizmo thinks he’s smarter than. It’s always fun to have a black hat on a white hat team!

^^^These are cool approaches to the team; The Wonder Twins especially. Jayna combining w. Ice and Mera? Brilliant!
    Zan’s a nice fit too, since Snowbird could take animal forms, too.
    I didn't point that out myself, but it was also in the back of my mind when choosing the twins

I did this line up (America Flight) a couple years back and used Captain Atom/Bombshell same as you (as Guardian/Vindicator)! I went w. The Tornado Twins for Northstar/Aroura (they’re all four flying superspeedsters).
    I used Gizmo as Puck. The team’s a Govt. asset so they flip him w. a pardon, a lab/funds to play w. and a poke to his ego, as he’d get to match wits/outdo other bad guys, all of which Gizmo thinks he’s smarter than. It’s always fun to have a black hat on a white hat team!
    Gizmo huh? Interesting choice. his stature does, I suppose, make him DC resident little person. I would never have thought of that, but your idea for it is totally in line with his personality. cool stuff! my reasoning with Zan and Jayna, besides the twin factor, was thinking about how Northstar and Aurora initially had to be in physical contact as well, in order to "activate" their abilities... only difference is, they never had to actually say it out loud lol

I didn't point that out myself, but it was also in the back of my mind when choosing the twins

Gizmo huh? Interesting choice. his stature does, I suppose, make him DC resident little person. I would never have thought of that, but your idea for it is totally in line with his personality. cool stuff! my reasoning with Zan and Jayna, besides the twin factor, was thinking about how Northstar and Aurora initially had to be in physical contact as well, in order to "activate" their abilities... only difference is, they never had to actually say it out loud lol
    ^^^Ty, I've used Al Pratt in place of Puck (both are pint sized brawlers) a couple of times too.

And I’d forgotten about Northstar and Aroura’s “powers activate”!

^^^Ty, I've used Al Pratt in place of Puck (both are pint sized brawlers) a couple of times too.
    can't argue with that logic... I mean, there is the whole time-travel/multiverse shenanigans required to have Al himself in modern times... but a new character who is a grandchild of Al's could also fill the role, especially if they were to inherit Grandpa's build and stature.

And I’d forgotten about Northstar and Aroura’s “powers activate”!
    their costumes, and the fact that Northstar was often drawn with pointy ears for no particular reason, has often made me WONDER (lol) if those two were meant as an homage to DC's TWINS from the outset. They came about in comics during a period when Superfriends was probably being broadcast the most it ever was.

their costumes, and the fact that Northstar was often drawn with pointy ears for no particular reason, has often made me WONDER (lol) if those two were meant as an homage to DC's TWINS from the outset. They came about in comics during a period when Superfriends was probably being broadcast the most it ever was.
    That’s an interesting question!
    John Byrne has a message board, if I ever remember my PW i should ask him!

That’s an interesting question!
    John Byrne has a message board, if I ever remember my PW i should ask him!
    if you're able to find an answer, let me know!

DC's Alpha Flight

Captain Atom (Guardian)
    Bombshell (Vindicator)
    Plastic Man* (Puck)
    Manitou Raven (Shaman)
    Manitou Dawn (Talisman)
    B'wana Beast (Sasquatch)
    Ice (Snowbird)
    Mera (Marinna)
    Zan (Northstar)
    Jayna (Aurora)

To your heroic DC Alpha Flight I oppose the DC EVIL Alpha Flight:

MoonMan* Enemy of Superman (Guardian)
    Lady Lunar Sucessor of Moonman and enemy of Wonder Woman and sort of Carol Danvers of the DCU.(Vindicator)
    Dr. Psycho Who else? (Puck)
    Black Bison Enemy of Firestorm (Shaman)
    Shaggy Man Big, hairy, furry, bad... (Sasquatch)
    Killer Frost Enemy of Firestorm, in her most evil incarnation(Snowbird)
    Siren Sister of Mera (Marinna)
    Mammoth** (Northstar)
    Shimmer** (Aurora) both twins enemies of the Titans. Yeah, twins.

*I also considered Hazard, an eenemy of Steel (John Henry Irons) for the role, but he doesn't have a female counterpart.
    **The other option I thought about were Downpour and Shifter from the DCUA' Ultimen, but maybe it was to much close?
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 03-24-2022 at 02:49 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

if you're able to find an answer, let me know!
    ^^^will do!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post

MoonMan* Enemy of Superman (Guardian)
    Lady Lunar Sucessor of Moonman and enemy of Wonder Woman and sort of Carol Danvers of the DCU.(Vindicator)
    Dr. Psycho Who else? (Puck)
    Black Bison Enemy of Firestorm (Shaman)
    Shaggy Man Big, hairy, furry, bad... (Sasquatch)
    Killer Frost Enemy of Firestorm, in her most evil incarnation(Snowbird)
    Siren Sister of Mera (Marinna)
    Mammoth** (Northstar)
    Shimmer** (Aurora) both twins enemies of the Titans. Yeah, twins.

*I also considered Hazard, an eenemy of Steel (John Henry Irons) for the role, but he doesn't have a female counterpart.
    **The other option I thought about were Downpour and Shifter from the DCUA' Ultimen, but maybe it was to much close?
    ^^^Damn I wish I’d thought of an evil AF!

Astonishing Member

Dc Circus Of Crime

Maxwell Lord- Ring Master
    Harley Quinn- Clown
    Dick Grayson- The one Acrobat brother
    Tim Drake- That other Acrobat Brother
    Mammoth -The Strong man
    Terra Man/ Livewire
    And let’s add

Joker as another Clown

Bullet Man as The Human Cannonball
    Firelad as an added attraction
    Beppo The Super Monkey- Max’s powers would work on him too, I’ve decided
    Zantanna
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 03-25-2022 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post

that's pretty sweet. well done. I'm actually a pretty big fan of Mammoth and Shimmer, good choices. Mammoth and Shaggy Man would have an interesting dynamic as well, I'm betting. both of them could realistically sub in for the Sasquatch spot. lol. nice call on Black Bison too, Firestorm is a long time favourite and I always felt his rogues gallery is underrated in general.

as for Shifter and Downpour, funny you mention them... I was just discussing how problematic the OG hanna-barbera characters are in hindsight, and the Ultimen were a huge step in correcting some those very obvious and silly cultural tropes the OGs had been saddled with
    Last edited by Aarkus; 03-25-2022 at 03:55 PM.

that's pretty sweet. well done. I'm actually a pretty big fan of Mammoth and Shimmer, good choices. Mammoth and Shaggy Man would have an interesting dynamic as well, I'm betting. both of them could realistically sub in for the Sasquatch spot. lol. nice call on Black Bison too, Firestorm is a long time favourite and I always felt his rogues gallery is underrated in general.
    I was thinking of twin... and now I think than the Parasite twins could work better than those two.

as for Shifter and Downpour, funny you mention them... I was just discussing how problematic the OG hanna-barbera characters are in hindsight, and the Ultimen were a huge step in correcting some those very obvious and silly cultural tropes the OGs had been saddled with
    Other times, I suppose. I just can laugh at those. But I suppose than with the right writer something interesting can be buitl with them.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Dc Invaders

Uncle Sam in for Steve
    Star Girl in For Bucky
    Firestorm in for The Human Torch
    Fire Hawk in for Torro
    Aquaman in for Namor
    Jay Garrick in for Whizzer
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 03-28-2022 at 12:04 AM.